3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

Got my armored Spidey today, and I have to say I like it a lot. The armor sculpting is pretty nice, the head sculpt is really good (wish they'd use this one for all Spideys. That Big Time headsculpt belongs in the trash, and should shame Hasbro to the core), and more importantly, they appear to have learned a valuable lesson- when a figure has rocker ankles, put the foot peg holes on the toe and not the heel.

Stopped by one of my "local" TRUs to see if they had the 3.75" Falcon set. Online and the system said they had it, but they couldn't be found.

On the plus side, I scored the CA Shield (the $100 version) for $55 after sale and R Us Rewards. It isn't listed on sale on the website, but in-store, they are having 20% off Marvel Roleplay items and this counted towards the sale.

Found the new MCU Falcon at TRU--had a 5$ off coupon so the sting of 19.99 single figure was a little weaker.

Haven't opened it up yet but he seems a little small--especially considering the the Cap from the motorcycle set is a little bigger than the other MCU figs.

Stopped by one of my "local" TRUs to see if they had the 3.75" Falcon set. Online and the system said they had it, but they couldn't be found.

On the plus side, I scored the CA Shield (the $100 version) for $55 after sale and R Us Rewards. It isn't listed on sale on the website, but in-store, they are having 20% off Marvel Roleplay items and this counted towards the sale.

Is this the one that was supposed to be a Walmart Exclusive with the expanding wings? If so, what happened with the exclusivity of Walmart?

Found the new MCU Falcon at TRU--had a 5$ off coupon so the sting of 19.99 single figure was a little weaker.

Haven't opened it up yet but he seems a little small--especially considering the the Cap from the motorcycle set is a little bigger than the other MCU figs.

Is this the one that was supposed to be a Walmart Exclusive with the expanding wings? If so, what happened with the exclusivity of Walmart?

It does have expanded wings. The Wal-Mart version is the 6 inch figure. We're talking about the 3.75 inch figure, which is not exclusive to any store.

that is a much better price

Heading to Wizard World Chicago today. Really excited! Going to see if anyone has the new two packs at a reasonable price.

you should check TJMaxx or Marshalls for those

I found 2 Captain Marvel sets for $13.99

I also heard the Walmarts that still carry the line are getting these in

Yeah, I need that Sue figure as well. I bought that F4 set with them in the blue costumes, and bought it again with the Future Foundation repaints. There was no way that I was going to buy it a third time just for a clear Invisible Woman figure. I keep waiting for Hasbro to release it as a single-carded figure, but so far no luck. Heck, I would buy that figure again if she was repainted in her original blue costume, or in the darker blue from the Byrne+ era.

I got my Quasar figures no problem, and I find it to be a frustrating figure. Like so many of the newer figures, it is a decent figure that could have been so much better with just a little more care put into its release. Quasar is one of my favorite characters (even though he's pretty much just a Green Lantern ripoff) -- I can overlook the reduced articulation just fine. I can even overlook the fact that he's in a current-era costume rather than in a Bronze Age (or close to it) look like I had wanted. For an actual Quasar figure's release I can even forgive the fact that they bases him on an obscure look where he has that long hair and a more angular face.

What I find pretty much unforgivable is the poor paint job. Don't get me wrong -- the costumed parts of the figure look great: I dig that gold paint, and the red and dark blue look nice. But the head sculpt is just ruined by Hasbro's (and Bobby Vala's?) lack of care. The actual head sculpt is fine, but the pale face, with the yellow eyes and blonde hair just looks bad. A simple paint wash applied to the figure -- even if it was used on the hair only -- would have given the sculpt more depth and "realism." Heck, they could have used black paint to outline his eyes and that still would have produced a much better-looking figure. Really, how much does a paint wash effect cost that we aren't seeing it used more often?

I am very torn on the Quasar figure. I like having that character in my collection, and the costume has enough features in common with his older costumes that he "looks like Quasar" to me (unlike the modern-era Drax and Living Laser figures, which don't really represent those characters to me). On the other hand, I'm disappointed with the overall result. I mean, jeez, I wasn't even asking for any accessories like what we should have gotten such as an energy ax or a simple blast effect. Thanks for screwing up the action figure debut of one of my fav characters, Hasbro. I'm almost afraid to still wish for a Jack of Hearts figure, given Hasbro's current track record for our scale.

Does anyone know the status of the current waves for the infinite/legends waves? Is the vulture/doc ock wave hitting retail? I have never seen it at Walmart, Target or TRU in Minnesota. The most recent wave I have seen is with Ulik and Triton, which is clearance down to $3.50 at a local Walmart.

The Vulture wave never really hit TRU or WM. It was seemingly online-only until they started showing up at Gamestop. Every Gamestop I've been to has had that wave, and many have them on clearance. I'd check there.

Woo hoo! After months of searching Gamestops for the 3rd wave from last year, I finally hit the jackpot. Scored 2 Emmas (one for Dark X-Men and one for the Brotherhood) and 2 Chameleons (for customs) at $4.97 each.

Oh and Tuesday Mornings have the Hulkbuster Legends and Walgreen's Black Ant for $9.99 and the DC Multiverse wave with Adam West/Deathstroke/Batman Beyond for $4.99.

Have the GOTG comic packs been seen anywhere at retail yet? Nothing but wave 1 around here. I preordered the 2nd wave and swore I wouldn't do it again after hearing of them showing up $5 cheaper in stores (sadly, none in my area) and that was before BBTS upped their price for wave 3. I really only want/need Groot but the completionist in me needs both packs. It's a sickness.

found the current wave of singles at tru today. didn't know what the other figures were to round out the case, so i was surprised to see mecha spidey (or whatever he's referred to). almost got him in addition to hydro man, rogue, morbius, and quasar, but i just didn't feel the urge enough to pull the trigger. also kinda looked like the store put out 2-3 cases of figures cause the pegs were packed out

Yay! I went to that Meijers store this week that has had the 2nd wave of comic packs and they had wave 2 of the 3.75 Legends in. My first sighting of the wave in my area. I picked up Gamora and Daredevil, and they were buy 1 get 1 half off. I went back today and they had restocked, so I picked up a 2nd of both figures, and they were still on sale. I now have all of wave 2 (not counting Ant-Man, who I already have from his earlier release.) I also picked up the Hyperion pack, it was on sale for $17.99.

Will there be any more waves released this year after the last of the comic packs? On another note there is some really good customs popping up on eBay. The geezer is smashing them out. I don't know how to link it to show u but they are pretty simple to find.

We don't know for sure, but probably not. The Maestro wave might start popping up in December, but I wouldn't expect it to really hit until everyone does their Jan/Feb reset. Hasbro could surprise us at NYCC, but I doubt it. Who knows though?

I added the Hyperion comic pack to my collection. Now I just need to pick up the Captain Marvel comic pack and I'll have all of the 3.75 Wave 2 figures.

Hyperion is a ridiculously complicated character with all of the alternate Earth versions, so I don't feel like sifting through all of his Wiki entry. Is the black costume version of Hyperion a new character? Is that version of Hyperion a hero or villain?