3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

Thanks for the heads up Dohboy. Ordered the Guardians sets from Dorkside. I've never ordered from them before, so I was surprised to see they ship very quickly and the comic packs will be here on Monday. Is Dorkside always this fast?

Yeah, I left them this feedback; I was impressed:

I've been hearing about Dorksidetoys for years on Star Wars Action News and Marvelicious Toys Podcast and although I've been close, for some reason or another I never placed an order.

I saw this post about the 2-packs being on sale (and I'm pretty sure I'll never see them at retail) so I hit the website and put together an order (with Free Shipping to boot)!

My order shipped just a couple of hours time and arrived at my door two days later. (Securely packaged and in great condition!)

You guys are awesome!

Thanks!

My shipment also arrived pretty quickly. Groot is nice, but it seems like they chose some off-model artwork to base his face on -- it matches the cover of the comic that's packed with him, but isn't he usually drawn differently?

Hydro-man looks really good. I think he's one of the best figures that we've gotten so far this year. They should have given him a swap-able "water arm" but nowadays they don't seem to even give enough of a budget for proper paint applications, so....

Morbius was a pleasant surprise. Yes, the "skin areas" of the figure really need a wash or some other dual-colored paint application, preferably using a light blue or purple, to give it a more realistic look. However, I'm pretty happy with his head sculpt, and I think it's a good figure by the current standards of what we get. Good, but not great.

I didn't have the Toys R Us Black Panther figure, so it was nice adding the new single-carded figure to my collection.

So now I just need Rogue and the Captain Marvel comic pack, and I'll have everything. I doubt that I'll bother to add the Starlord/Gamora pack to my collection. The white trim on Starlord looks nice, but not nice enough to make me buy the pack unless I find it really cheap (under $10). And, yes, they really should have given us these repaints two years ago when the Guardians were re-packed as single-carded figures back in that lousy ionic Wonder Man wave.

We'll see when and if the next wave hits. Still not feeling the excitement much anymore, though. :(

I really like the 3.75" scale, and I hope the line continues! That said, this year has been the biggest disappointment to me so far. They've given me a lot of characters that I've really, really wanted but I've found most of the figures to be lackluster at best. I've given you plenty of money Hasbro -- what did I ever do to deserve that Quasar figure that you gave me??

I'm hoping that we get some preorder news soon for the next wave, and that it helps to restore my interest.

I think I got baited by Dorkside.

First off, I love Dorkside, they ship super fast and are very comparable with their prices. That being said, I was holding off on ordering the Guardians 2 packs because I was trying to save up some money and not order as much. I figured these would be the sets to skip as 3 of 4 are repaints. Well, I started reading all of the posts about how great the new Groot is and thought, well why not, especially with the sale price. So i go to order and low and behold the Groot/ ROcket set is sold out and no longer available on the site and all they have left is the starlord and gamora set-which I imagine they had plenty. Now of course, I really want this set. So a few days go by and I keep checking. Finally around 1:30 am in the morning I check and both 2 packs are available. I figure for the price, I might as well order both sets and have the almost complete team in matching uniforms. I successfully order, only to get an e-mail from them the next day saying they are sending the starlord and gamora set separate because the Groot and Rocket set are out of stock. Now, I truly believe that Dorkside will do right and will get these in and send them with free shipping, but there is a part of me which smirked as I read the e-mail and thought "what a clever trick to clear out their stock"-lol. Well played Dorkside.

I saw Wave 2 for the first time outside of a comic shop at TRU. I finally got a Gamora at 30% off (Score!). The only figure missing was Ant Man. I was tempted to get Vision and Living Laser, but I have the first Vision and there are some other characters from previous waves that I skipped in the past that I'd rather get online (money is tight). I was still happy to see a new batch put out though.

He has that Upper chest yeah,

No waist articulation.

No hand articulation and the upper thighs don't have a cut anymore. Alot of articulation Cutbacks on Iron-man and Spidey UK the most.

The rest use older MU bucks so they are fine.

More than that can't say,

My wife took them away and told me to wait for Christmas....😂😂

But I have some close up photos somewhere I'll post them when I can.

Edit* btw can anybody explain the weird weapon coming out of Iron-man's arm? I'm not caught up on the suits anymore.

Nice to see the new wave coming already, still haven't seen the Guardian packs yet.

Question for anyone who has bought one of the many Fooms that have been hitting ebay daily from China, it is the real thing and not a knock-off correct?

Honestly, it's probably close enough. At this point with the knock-offs, if it isn't obvious from the pics, its probably going to look good on the shelf.

So does Moon Knight have torso articulation? If not, he's probably a pass for me..... like most of this wave. I may be down to just Maestro and Wolverine.