3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

My Executioner/Enchantress 2-packs arrived from TRU.com today! I got lucky and 1 of the 2 sets had an Enchantress with decent eyes.

I have to say that Executioner looks pretty awesome. I am also glad that they didn't horribly reduce his articulation -- I'm very happy he still has the wrist articulation.

On the other hand, now that the line is basically dead, the new figures don't excite me too much, since I don't have any of the New Mutants and only half of Alpha Flight. I really wish we had gotten that year of X-verse figures, like they had promised us a few years ago. :(

My Target order arrived yesterday and my Enchantress and Executioner had good paint apps.

For all of the complaints and criticism I give to the current Hasbro regime (and often time rightfully deserved), I have to say I am appreciative that Dwight, Jesse, and Bobby found an appropriate place to get the Executioner to us- and for keeping the articulation. That being said my thoughts on the figures are:Hulk-at first I didn't mind the lack of articulation as much as I thought I would, but wrist articulation would have gone a long way.

Thor-Again the wrist artic. Would have been great. I do wish the cape help on better.

Enchantress-very nice, wrists would be great, I may mix it with the original release to get more articulation.

Executioner-awesome figure. The paint could have used a dark wash...and I can't help but desire a helmet and two mystical m-16's.

The cheap paint apps have actually been more of an issue for me lately than the reduced articulation. Now that they almost never use washes or highlights on our figures anymore we sometimes get very flat or cartoon-y looking figures. The original costume (brown and yellow) Daredevil figure is a prime example -- great sculpt, full articulation, but without any washes used to provide any shading the sculpt comes off looking a bit too flat, and the yellow is too bright. His face also has the same issue. Maestro from this year has the same problem -- lacking any sort of shading or highlighting effect from the paint apps, his beard looks rather one-dimensional and rather cartoon-ish.

The cheap paint apps have actually been more of an issue for me lately than the reduced articulation. Now that they almost never use washes or highlights on our figures anymore we sometimes get very flat or cartoon-y looking figures. The original costume (brown and yellow) Daredevil figure is a prime example -- great sculpt, full articulation, but without any washes used to provide any shading the sculpt comes off looking a bit too flat, and the yellow is too bright. His face also has the same issue. Maestro from this year has the same problem -- lacking any sort of shading or highlighting effect from the paint apps, his beard looks rather one-dimensional and rather cartoon-ish.

From a display setting I can see you point Dracos. Personally my thoughts on articulation vs paint apps is that I would rather see the return to articulated sculpts...I figure I could always add a darker wash (if so desired) much easier than adding to the articulation.

I've bought 4 Enchantress sets thus far (returned two so far) in the search of a perfect Enchantress. I think I'm going to break down and open one soon (or at least decide which of the two I have is going to be kept while the search continues).

Has anyone found a perfect one, or is pretty good as good as it is ever going to get?

I agree. The good figures, like Executioner really suffer from no detailing. A low-light wash in Enchantress' hair or Executioner's armor or face (with great sculpting) would go a really long way.

Well done, you didn't waste any time getting that done! Did you your bore out the wrists and plug Daggers hands in?

Cut off the offending hands, drilled new holes, sanded the arm a bit to taper the wrists some, and painted the revised sleeve. Then plugged in the Dagger hands (after removing the bit of white paint on them).