3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

• 2 weeks later...

Well, my Spidey/Mr Negative set came in on Friday. Went to pick it up and guess what? They had 2 Ryu/Widow sets, no Spidey. Their system showed they had 1 Spidey set and zero Ryus. I needed an extra Ryu anyway, so I bought both and the manager told me he'd re-order and contact the warehouse to correct my pre-order. I see from other forums that pretty much everyone had the same experience.

Fast forward to today and my pre-order really did show up. Got home to crack it open and found out that...drum roll....Mr Negative has two left upper arms and his left arm past the elbow is actually a right arm and vice versa. Hasbro and Gamestop...get it together guys.

And after this whole adventure I still have to find a Collector/Civil Warrior set. Way to go out with a bang Hasbro.

Wow, If there was any news about these finally being released on the front page, I missed it. I just assumed the other two sets (besides Spidey) were Target exclusives, like the Iron Man/Mega Man 2-pack. Guess I'll have to check Game Stop and Meijer out when I'm near them. I remember that the "Back in Black" ML Deadpool was announced as a Game Stop exclusive, and then it showed up at a bunch of places- I wonder if the same thing will happen with the game-based ML Spidey figure...?

Target has the Rainbow Deadpool Marvel Legends 5-pack on clearance for 50% off.  I said early on that I wasn't going to pull the trigger especially when the regular price was $65.  I didn't see much interest in it from anyone else in the forum either.  I saw it for less than that on-line, but when I saw it today at half off, my resistance was broken down.  Yup, that's right I grabbed it.      

3 hours ago, sambeckett said:

Target has the Rainbow Deadpool Marvel Legends 5-pack on clearance for 50% off.  I said early on that I wasn't going to pull the trigger especially when the regular price was $65.  I didn't see much interest in it from anyone else in the forum either.  I saw it for less than that on-line, but when I saw it today at half off, my resistance was broken down.  Yup, that's right I grabbed it.      

I saw it tonight for 50% off, too. While tempting, I think the biggest issue with it is that not all of those characters have the same body type, but they just used the same regular Deadpool tooling 5 times over in different colors, and called it a day. Very lazy for a set they were trying to get a full $12.99+ per-figure for. If they had started it out at, say, $47.99 or so, I wonder if it would have sold better. 

• 2 weeks later...

BGood hunting Norinradd. It’s been a long time since I could go out hunting for figures in the wild. Forbidden planet and my local comic shops used to have a great selection of marvel 3.75. Those days are sadly long gone! So is that it now for 3.75? It doesn’t seem that long ago at a Hasbro panel at SDCC said there was exciting times ahead for 3.75!

On 10/24/2018 at 12:44 PM, Ddhawkins said:

BGood hunting Norinradd. It’s been a long time since I could go out hunting for figures in the wild. Forbidden planet and my local comic shops used to have a great selection of marvel 3.75. Those days are sadly long gone! So is that it now for 3.75? It doesn’t seem that long ago at a Hasbro panel at SDCC said there was exciting times ahead for 3.75!

Thanks Ddhawins. It certainly does feel as if this is the end. I like to custom figures and I go to a lot of local comic and toy shows and you can see the supply of 3 and 3/4 figures have dwindled. THere was once a time where you could pick up tons of figures for a deal, but now not so much.
I am hopeful that the news of the investors dissatisfaction and lay offs at Hasbro will convice them to reinvest in the 3 and 3/4 scale again.

12 hours ago, RandomlyWicked said:

Really hope they put out more Gamerverse 3.75 figures that tie into Spider-Man. Maybe we could finally get a Kingpin?

It would be nice to get anything of substance out there. We have needed Kingpin for many years now, along with a laundry list of characters who have not yet seen the light of day.

• 1 month later...