3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

26 minutes ago, norinradd said:

Classic Warriors Three would have been great-perhaps even a Surtur and Heimdell or Balder or even repacked Thor for one of those MasterWorks sets.
I don't believe we are going to see anything (again) this year. It looks as if a Classic Toybiz Package Hulk was announced for the 6 inch crowd.

RADD, I would love your  asgardian list! I’ve made customs of them bar surtur. There gunner have to do me it looks like. Yer I c they have a new HULK.  They got some bangers coming up, Jim lee storm for one! I never c the 6” figs on pegs around my way any more. I wonder wot there sale figures are and if they wer any wer near the 3.75 figs  wen they gave the order to pull em.

3 hours ago, norinradd said:

Ahhh excellent-thank you. We have no Winners here (especially in 3 and 3/4 realm), but it may be time to check up on Ross and Marshalls.

I suggest you do, Winner's is actually partnered with Marshall's , we do have Marshall's in Canada as well (same store), I actually just found some more of the 3.75's there , X-23 Wolverine, Moon Knight, Executioner & Enchantress 2-pack and Morbius , so there is alot of these figs coming to Winners/Marshall's so check em out

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

No one has any love for these figures anymore?  These were always my favorites, especially since they could be intermingled with other lines like my GI Joes.  Of course, now it looks like everything has gone to the 6" scale, including my Joes.  It really is sad to me, especially since I have recently moved and found a lot of the figures I had stored away due to lack of room.  I hope to start posting more pics of my collection again soon, and that is a big reason why I came back to these forums after so long.

2 hours ago, Crimson Twins said:

No one has any love for these figures anymore?  These were always my favorites, especially since they could be intermingled with other lines like my GI Joes.  Of course, now it looks like everything has gone to the 6" scale, including my Joes.  It really is sad to me, especially since I have recently moved and found a lot of the figures I had stored away due to lack of room.  I hope to start posting more pics of my collection again soon, and that is a big reason why I came back to these forums after so long.

I adore 4 inch scale. Nothing is better for world building than 3 3/4. I started collecting toys with marvel legends and a few years later started collecting 25th Joes. It ruined me. I wanted to switch all my legends over to universe but it was just too much money to switch scales. I have bought several and I love it. I hate that Joe is in 6 inch and the new 4 inch figures are just rehashed figures. I really wish I'd done Universe instead. 

17 hours ago, sentinelofliberty41 said:

I adore 4 inch scale. Nothing is better for world building than 3 3/4. I started collecting toys with marvel legends and a few years later started collecting 25th Joes. It ruined me. I wanted to switch all my legends over to universe but it was just too much money to switch scales. I have bought several and I love it. I hate that Joe is in 6 inch and the new 4 inch figures are just rehashed figures. I really wish I'd done Universe instead. 

I hear ya.  I never really got into the 6 inch figures though.  I was a kid that grew up in the 80's, so the 3 3/4 scale was the only scale I really knew.  Once I became 'too old' to play with toys, I let my collection go.  Around '04, I began to see the Joe vs. Cobra line show up in stores and it rekindled my love for those figures and I found myself rebuying most of the figures I had from my childhood through eBay.  I saw the Marvel Legends line showing up in stores, and even bought some to trade with others for more 3 3/4 figures, but they just didn't do it for me.  The overall larger size seemed to limit them and what kind of accessories/playsets/vehicles you could have.  The Legends Showdown series was nice, but had a lot of wonky proportions for some of their figures.  By time the Marvel Universe line came around I had amassed hundreds of figures from various 3 3/4 lines and was ecstatic to add Marvel figures to my own universe.  It was a dream of mine to have Deadpool side by side with Snake Eyes.  The Merc with a mouth slicing and dicing through enemies with the silent Joe ninja commando.  When Hasbro decided to kill the line, I was in the middle of moving to a smaller house and didn't have room for a lot of figures anyway, so I wasn't too heartbroken.  I moved on to collecting Hot Wheels because they were an even smaller scale and I could display more in less space.  Now that I'm in a new house, I finally have my own man cave area to display my figures and I'm looking forward to building worlds (like you mentioned).  I just really wish there were more figures out there to fill out my universe.  Maybe Hasbro will decide to give us a 'retro' 3 3/4 Universe line in the future.  That would be nice, but I believe it would just be rehashes of figures they already made.  But one can hope.

34 minutes ago, Crimson Twins said:

I hear ya.  I never really got into the 6 inch figures though.  I was a kid that grew up in the 80's, so the 3 3/4 scale was the only scale I really knew.  Once I became 'too old' to play with toys, I let my collection go.  Around '04, I began to see the Joe vs. Cobra line show up in stores and it rekindled my love for those figures and I found myself rebuying most of the figures I had from my childhood through eBay.  I saw the Marvel Legends line showing up in stores, and even bought some to trade with others for more 3 3/4 figures, but they just didn't do it for me.  The overall larger size seemed to limit them and what kind of accessories/playsets/vehicles you could have.  The Legends Showdown series was nice, but had a lot of wonky proportions for some of their figures.  By time the Marvel Universe line came around I had amassed hundreds of figures from various 3 3/4 lines and was ecstatic to add Marvel figures to my own universe.  It was a dream of mine to have Deadpool side by side with Snake Eyes.  The Merc with a mouth slicing and dicing through enemies with the silent Joe ninja commando.  When Hasbro decided to kill the line, I was in the middle of moving to a smaller house and didn't have room for a lot of figures anyway, so I wasn't too heartbroken.  I moved on to collecting Hot Wheels because they were an even smaller scale and I could display more in less space.  Now that I'm in a new house, I finally have my own man cave area to display my figures and I'm looking forward to building worlds (like you mentioned).  I just really wish there were more figures out there to fill out my universe.  Maybe Hasbro will decide to give us a 'retro' 3 3/4 Universe line in the future.  That would be nice, but I believe it would just be rehashes of figures they already made.  But one can hope.

By the time I was collecting 6 inch was pretty much the standard. I checked last night after I posted and I can't believe what a lot of the Universe versions of the Legends I have go for. For instance Ms. Marvel costs what I paid for my 6 inch version and I just can't justify that. I'm with you though, I took some pictures of Captain America fighting alongside Hawk and it was a blast. If they relaunch the line I may dive in but it would have to be guaranteed I could fill my avengers/villain ranks like I have with Legends. 

55 minutes ago, sentinelofliberty41 said:

By the time I was collecting 6 inch was pretty much the standard. I checked last night after I posted and I can't believe what a lot of the Universe versions of the Legends I have go for. For instance Ms. Marvel costs what I paid for my 6 inch version and I just can't justify that. I'm with you though, I took some pictures of Captain America fighting alongside Hawk and it was a blast. If they relaunch the line I may dive in but it would have to be guaranteed I could fill my avengers/villain ranks like I have with Legends. 

Yeah, I recently had a discussion with someone on IG about the prices of the Universe figures now.  I still have a good deal in their package, and have contemplated selling them to help my collecting addiction.  Most of my collection is opened with their packaging long since discarded.  I do have a few of the rarer carded Thor movie figures that could fetch a buck or two, but I'll probably just open those too.

The villain line is somewhat lacking, especially considering the number of rehashes a lot of the main heroes got.  I try to use my faceless Cobra armies to use as stand ins for good battle scenes.  I got great joy from having my 5" movie Hulk figure (which seems the most accurate for 3 3/4 scale) attacking a dozen BATs, or having Captain America using his shield to run into a squad of Vipers firing at him.

• 3 months later...

While I love 6" Marvel Legends, I still miss the various super/well articulated 4" Marvel figures that Hasbro produced over the years.  How I usually treated the 2 scales was that 6" of characters in either my favourite costumes/looks, most of the time "Modern"(At the time), and/or character's design had more details that got brought out more in the 6".  The 4" scale figures were most of the time either "Classic" costumes(Up to before the 2000's at least), a decent amount of "Ultimate Marvel" looks, costumes/looks/designs that I either am only okay with or not a fan of(Like 1st Apperaence Wolverine.  I never wanted a 5" or 6" figure of that, but a 4" figure is fine since it's smaller), and/or characters who I am not a huge fan of but still want a figure of just to have them.  Of course, other times, it was whatever was available in whatever scale, and what I could get.

As well, for different takes on certain costumes, I liked the different scales.  For example, I have the Comic Book Silver Centurion Iron Man figure in 4" scale, and if Hasbro ever does the Iron Man 3 Movie version of the Silver Centurion Armour, I would like to get that.  I have a modern 6" Jubliee(Which is what I wanted for my 6" X-men), but if had done a more classic 1990's Jubliee figure in the 4" scale, I would of loved to have gotten that for my 4" X-men.  For Firestar, I got the Classic look in the 4" scale, as I would hope down the road, the 6" scale figures does a look or 2 from the 1990's(Leather Jacket, yellow glasses, etc.). 

For World War II Cap, I have a 4" Ultimate Cap, and a The First Avenger Cap from the Peggy Carter 2 pack for 6".  For Deadpool, even if they are both Red and Black, there designs of my 4" and 6" versions are different looking.  For Mysterio, I have the Comic Book look for 4", and the Far From Home Movie look for 6".

Of course, for some characters, I got the same costumes and looks in both scales(Like Dr. Doom, Spidey in his standard Red and Blue look, and Black And Gold Wasp), but that's fine, as some characters didn't have different standard looks.

What I loved about the 4" was that they sometimes went unique with the decos, which included the "Comic Book" shadows/shading, some metallic looks on some Black Suit Spidey's, and what not.  And I the various Multipacks they did, which for me, were usually good value, and help amass a decent amount of figures fast at good prices(At the time).  A good amount of my 4" Marvel Universe figures are from Multipacks/Comic Book 2 Packs more than single figures.

Not a super fan of the "Retro" style 5POA 4" figures, though I do like that their heads are on a ball joint, and that the heads seem to be nicely sculpted, meaning you might be able to put those heads on some of the older 4" figures.  That Spidey head from the line I think has to be the best 4" head for Spidey.  But what really kills me about these Retro figures, is that they cost about $18-$20 Canadian, which is the same prices as the Wal-mart Exclusive 4" G.I. Joe Retro line, and the Super Articulated 4" Star Wars: Black Series figures.  I mean, I could be more forgiving if they were around $10-$13 Canadian(Which is the average price of the 5POA Star Wars figures), bit $18 Canadian is just too much for these.

Will say that during those times after Marvel Universe ended and become Infinite Series and 4" Marvel Legends, I was surprised they didn't re-release the Jim Lee Rogue from that MU X-men Boxset.

On 5/8/2021 at 3:25 AM, A_Spidey_Fan said:

While I love 6" Marvel Legends, I still miss the various super/well articulated 4" Marvel figures that Hasbro produced over the years.  How I usually treated the 2 scales was that 6" of characters in either my favourite costumes/looks, most of the time "Modern"(At the time), and/or character's design had more details that got brought out more in the 6".  The 4" scale figures were most of the time either "Classic" costumes(Up to before the 2000's at least), a decent amount of "Ultimate Marvel" looks, costumes/looks/designs that I either am only okay with or not a fan of(Like 1st Apperaence Wolverine.  I never wanted a 5" or 6" figure of that, but a 4" figure is fine since it's smaller), and/or characters who I am not a huge fan of but still want a figure of just to have them.  Of course, other times, it was whatever was available in whatever scale, and what I could get.

As well, for different takes on certain costumes, I liked the different scales.  For example, I have the Comic Book Silver Centurion Iron Man figure in 4" scale, and if Hasbro ever does the Iron Man 3 Movie version of the Silver Centurion Armour, I would like to get that.  I have a modern 6" Jubliee(Which is what I wanted for my 6" X-men), but if had done a more classic 1990's Jubliee figure in the 4" scale, I would of loved to have gotten that for my 4" X-men.  For Firestar, I got the Classic look in the 4" scale, as I would hope down the road, the 6" scale figures does a look or 2 from the 1990's(Leather Jacket, yellow glasses, etc.). 

For World War II Cap, I have a 4" Ultimate Cap, and a The First Avenger Cap from the Peggy Carter 2 pack for 6".  For Deadpool, even if they are both Red and Black, there designs of my 4" and 6" versions are different looking.  For Mysterio, I have the Comic Book look for 4", and the Far From Home Movie look for 6".

Of course, for some characters, I got the same costumes and looks in both scales(Like Dr. Doom, Spidey in his standard Red and Blue look, and Black And Gold Wasp), but that's fine, as some characters didn't have different standard looks.

What I loved about the 4" was that they sometimes went unique with the decos, which included the "Comic Book" shadows/shading, some metallic looks on some Black Suit Spidey's, and what not.  And I the various Multipacks they did, which for me, were usually good value, and help amass a decent amount of figures fast at good prices(At the time).  A good amount of my 4" Marvel Universe figures are from Multipacks/Comic Book 2 Packs more than single figures.

Not a super fan of the "Retro" style 5POA 4" figures, though I do like that their heads are on a ball joint, and that the heads seem to be nicely sculpted, meaning you might be able to put those heads on some of the older 4" figures.  That Spidey head from the line I think has to be the best 4" head for Spidey.  But what really kills me about these Retro figures, is that they cost about $18-$20 Canadian, which is the same prices as the Wal-mart Exclusive 4" G.I. Joe Retro line, and the Super Articulated 4" Star Wars: Black Series figures.  I mean, I could be more forgiving if they were around $10-$13 Canadian(Which is the average price of the 5POA Star Wars figures), bit $18 Canadian is just too much for these.

Will say that during those times after Marvel Universe ended and become Infinite Series and 4" Marvel Legends, I was surprised they didn't re-release the Jim Lee Rogue from that MU X-men Boxset.

I can relate to many of your points in regards to the great 3.75” Marvel Universe line. This was my favorite line throughout its entire run and was heartbroken when it ended. When this line started the 6” scale had not yet reached its heights of Hasbro’s amazing output of recent years.

what I loved about the Marvel Universe line was that since they were so affordable (at first, before they became near the price of their 6” counterparts) I could buy every character and truly have a MARVEL UNIVERSE. with the 6” line I was very selective, only getting a Avengers characters. It was fun for me to buy characters I would never own otherwise.

near the end when the articulation, paint apps, and accessories were cut and it looked like the 6” line was going to be my only option I actually considered stopping collecting. But then the 6” figures reached new heights of awesome and the rest is history. I don’t buy every figure like I did with MU but now the ones I do buy I know are probably the best versions I’ll be able to get.

im not a fan at all of the new retro line of 4” figures. The 5 POA is a joke even at $10-12 a pop. In comparison, the MU line was the Cadillac compared to the Focus that is the retro line. 

Who knows, somewhere down the line Hasbro will re-visit this scale WITH the articulation that made MU  one of best action figure lines in history.