3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

obviously I missed out on all the HTS SDCC stuff since I was camping with the family. But we did stop at a few TRU's, Walmarts, Targets, Dollar Generals, and even a Fred's while traveling. Found NOTHING MU really except that different areas have different peg warmers. Saw plenty of stuff that we already have.

However, at one Wally they had Transformers Deluxe class on clearance for $1! My son was only missing two of them so the rest was just a slap in the face after having paid more for them really. oh well.

Also, found quite a few of the DG Joe's which I had never really seen before (in person anyway). First it was only those $3 things which were interesting but not extremely cool. But then I found a black Cobra Commander from the $6 DG line and he's pretty sweet actually. Still hoping to find some others from that line since they are actually similar to current Joe's while the cheaper stuff is ...well, cheaper in every way.

Also got Two-Face, Mr Freeze, and a Batman figure from that new cartoony looking line. Killer Croc needed someone to play with anyway. My second oldest found a few Star Wars that he was missing, but other than that an uneventful trip. Still, for "camping" we brought home an awful lot of plastic.lol

The new TRU 2 packs are up but obviously sold out already: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13018799. I naturally missed out (damn scalpers!!!!). If anyone finds any extras please lmk, mine is cluttered with old 2 packs and probablly will never get these.

TRU site is horrible, I don't know how anyone finds these...hopefully they will be in stores soon...

I got home from vacation to find my x factor set...paint apps were really bad, I might have to find another one when they arrive in stores...

...I know its been said before, but this set would be perfect if it had beast instead of mr. sinister. I don't even think they fought mr sinister till they updated the x factor costumes and angel was archangel.

I so hate California right now. Stupid west coast distribution bias.

Lol. I've heard the same thing by other people about NY!

Yep.. I laugh whenever I hear that West Coast bias stuff. I went to all the TRU within 20 miles of me (in LA) over the weekend... I saw no evidence of the new comic packs. It's not like it is the land o' plenty here.

Talked to a Wal-Mart employee that runs the toy section this morning and she let me know that:

1. Marvel Universe and Avengers figures went up a $1 each to $9.96.

2. Wal-Marts will undergo a new re-set at the beginning of August, and that a lot of the older merchandise will likely be marked down.

My walmarts idea of a markdown is putting a red tag on the item with the same price. They want people to think that If it is a red tag it is on clearance, I got a good deal. Or they will mark it down 5 cent.

Talked to a Wal-Mart employee that runs the toy section this morning and she let me know that:

1. Marvel Universe and Avengers figures went up a $1 each to $9.96.

2. Wal-Marts will undergo a new re-set at the beginning of August, and that a lot of the older merchandise will likely be marked down.

My walmarts idea of a markdown is putting a red tag on the item with the same price. They want people to think that If it is a red tag it is on clearance, I got a good deal. Or they will mark it down 5 cent.

Yeah, that's my issue with Walmarts and Targets...please don't list it as "Clearance" when you have marked it down less than a dollar...oftentimes from $8.99 to $8.56 at Target and similar over at Walmart.

I have learned that you get better clearance prices in Walmarts in the middle of nowhere, so if you are willing to push out a little bit, you'll find better deals.

Anything up for trade by chance?

I think I just have duplicates of figures I have gotten better versions of. I have 2 cyclops, 2 things, 1 spider-man, 4 wolverines, 1 mr. fantastic, 1 nightcrawler (bamf varient), colossus (wolverine & the x-men), 1 thor (gigantic battles). Not mu but, I have about 50 star wars figures I am trying to sell or just get rid of some how. I also have 10 transformers figures, 9 of which a buddy of mine is about to buy.