3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

lol. Don't you guys know what's going on? It's obvious that the people at Hasbro who decide the case packs are the same people who are scalping ya'll! They run, EE, BBTS, and sell on Amazon and Ebay. They might be screwing up the companies sales, but they are making a bundle for themselves on the side.

okay, so it's far fetched. But it makes more sense than those case packs being chosen by an intelligent person with no stake in the secondary market. yet somehow it keeps happening. They need to fire someone at Hasbro. Maybe quite a few "someones" actually.

lol. Don't you guys know what's going on? It's obvious that the people at Hasbro who decide the case packs are the same people who are scalping ya'll! They run, EE, BBTS, and sell on Amazon and Ebay. They might be screwing up the companies sales, but they are making a bundle for themselves on the side.

okay, so it's far fetched. But it makes more sense than those case packs being chosen by an intelligent person with no stake in the secondary market. yet somehow it keeps happening. They need to fire someone at Hasbro. Maybe quite a few "someones" actually.

Yeah but I am afraid being who they are that they will probably fire the wrong people and keep the ones that they should have let go.

Not to call yall out or anything, but besides being off-topic, it's Spider-Girl, not Spider-Woman. I know it's a little thing and we all know what you're talking about, but to me it's like calling Superboy "Superman". Just saying...You know we're all Marvel fans, I just want you to be sure you know who you're buying.

Not to call yall out or anything, but besides being off-topic, it's Spider-Girl, not Spider-Woman. I know it's a little thing and we all know what you're talking about, but to me it's like calling Superboy "Superman". Just saying...You know we're all Marvel fans, I just want you to be sure you know who you're buying.

Thanks, I didn't know the difference. I collect the toys but don't read the comics.

Thanks, I didn't know the difference. I collect the toys but don't read the comics.

Well, that makes sense, and I can respect that. I guess I mistakenly assumed that people who collect the figures collect or read the comics as well, and I admit my ignorance on that part. Sometimes people just want to enjoy a nice action figure.

Well, that makes sense, and I can respect that. I guess I mistakenly assumed that people who collect the figures collect or read the comics as well, and I admit my ignorance on that part. Sometimes people just want to enjoy a nice action figure.

I used to read Marvel comics on a regular basis (upwards on a $100+ a month), but it became too expensive. Now I wiki what I don't know and sometimes catch up via paperbacks or random comic sales. That was good for a few years. But now? I have no f'in clue what the hell is going on in the Marvel Now! universe, and they really lost me sometime before that with Fear Itself and the AvX bullshit. I mainly collect the figures because I love Marvel characters and the costume designs, and that's enough to keep me going for a while.

@The MenacingOne, I've been calling her both. I'm usually two years or so behind on comics because I just grab trades here and there. Thanks for the tip, I'd been wondering what happened to Jessica Drew if Anya Corazon was the new Spider-Woman.

I went back to Target tonight and I checked the computer on a whim and it turns out the missing Winter Soldiers were still in the stockroom. The girl in the toy dept was kind enough to pull one for me, so I now have a finished Mandroid. It's a pretty cool figure and I don't mind it being so huge compared to my Universe stuff.

@The MenacingOne, I've been calling her both. I'm usually two years or so behind on comics because I just grab trades here and there. Thanks for the tip, I'd been wondering what happened to Jessica Drew if Anya Corazon was the new Spider-Woman.

I went back to Target tonight and I checked the computer on a whim and it turns out the missing Winter Soldiers were still in the stockroom. The girl in the toy dept was kind enough to pull one for me, so I now have a finished Mandroid. It's a pretty cool figure and I don't mind it being so huge compared to my Universe stuff.

Yeah, I'm about a year behind in reading comics...just for clarification (not that anyone really cares) Jessica Drew/Spider-Woman is on the Avengers in her Red and Gold costume. Julia Carpenter, who was the Spider-Woman in the Black and White suit (and later went by Arachne) is now Madame Web. Anya Corazon now wears the Black and White and goes by Spider-Girl.

3310804-5811523996-Spide.jpgArachnejc.jpgAgent_M--Spider_Girl_Anya_head.jpg

@Jason - Man, you had me f'in laughing out loud at work with your comment...people think I'm crazy

Yeah me too. I used too read comics back in the mid 90's when I first started working at the age of 18. I was collecting Star Wars figures like crazy, buying video games, and then the comic stuff. It got expensive so I had to start cutting stuff out, I watch cartoon series and movies of my favorite super heroes. I thought about reading again but they are too high on that stuff now so I just wikki the stuff now like someone else said if I am curious of whats going on. Even the trade paperbacks are expensive.

Buy Image. Their trades run about 10 bucks. Nowhere Men is that, and it's the best comic on the market right now.

Recently, though, Marvel put out a $89 or $100 collection of Uncanny X-men, starting from Giant-size X-men #1 and going all the way through the 1st Hellfire Club storyline. That thing is a great deal. Lots of money, but tons of content, to boot. And those older comics had a lot more narrative in them, so it's like they're worth more. More character development, too. And more action! Hey, what gives!

I'm there w/ya Decon...I haven't read a comic since 94', I do reread my older comics that I've manged to hang on to....I have no idea what's going on in the Marvel-verse these days......my paycheck let me know it was either Comix or Toyz....I chose figs all the way....I took alonnnng hiatus from all things pop-culture when I moved up North & I bought a GI Joe fig or vehicle from time to time but usually gave those to my buddy's kids....I moved back home in 06' & my lil sister hooked me up w/a War Machine TB Marvel Legends fig cause I was in the hospital & I've been back in the game ever since.....mainly I collected 25th Joes & 6" Marvel figs at first...but picked up a few MU figs here & there mainly it was Skar & World War Hulk that pushed me over the edge to pick up more MU's....I wished I woulda had the money to pick up that Giant Skrull 2 pack I scoped at walmart oh those many years ago....I've never saw one after that...but I'm hooked & can't wait for the new waves to hit....my wallet is screaming bloody hell.....

I gave up buying monthly comics in 1995 soon after the Age of Apocalypse, mainly due to cost. For years I kept up by reading the monthly solicitations. (That's all I could afford!). Since Marvel Now! and the New 52, I've even gotten lax about that.

I do get the occasional collection, though. If you have a 2nd & Charles near you, you can get used trades in pristine condition for about $10. (Mostly I say this to be informative, but also to partly taunt Jason1551 with a reminder that the only 2nd & Charles in the state is very near my house and an inconvenient distance from his! LOL)

Yeah, rub it in...

One day, I'll actually visit one and find out what I'm really missing. Seeing you post pics of the Wrecking Crew for like $5 a figure does make me wonder if it wouldn't be worth the trip someday.

I suspect the turnover on action figures is slow. They have a lot of old Toybiz stuff still in the box if you like those. But it's not just action figures. Comics, books, movies, music, the works. Come visit and we'll grab lunch!

I am heading there in a couple of hours. I discovered this place a couple of days before Christmas, and it is awesome.

In terms of buying comics, I still have to recommend Git Corp. They are harder to come by now, but they are worth the $$$. I have 40 years of ASM, Uncanny X-Men, FF, Avengers, Iron Man, Cap, Hulk, Ghost Rider to read. Yes, I am a bit behind, but I will have plenty to read whenever I get the urge.

Got my pile of loot from BBTS today. Blue/yellow Iron Man and Hawkeye from AA and the new wave of Cap figures. Falcon looks great in person, but the wings end up getting bent in the package. I'm hoping it won't be too hard to unwarp them. I'm going to pick up a second Falcon when these hit retail so I can also have a wingless Sam. It's a shame we didn't get the new Widow in 3.75" scale.

*edit*

A few notes now that I cracked 'em open.

Falcon has wrists and bicep swivels. He's only missing ankles and torso articulation if you are a stickler for that sort of thing. Unlike Winter Soldier and the wave 1 Cap, Falcon is not too small. They did a good job scaling him with the other Avengers.

The WWII style Cap is the same sculpt from the Avengers line, but the paint job reflects the revised WWII suit from Winter Soldier. It's only missing the third red stripe, but you could always paint that on.