3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

Earlier this week I stopped by the closest Target and picked up a Spidey/Shocker set. Unfortunately, the Spidey figure has weird blotch on his thigh -- looks to be more from the mold than the paint application.

I then stopped by Toys r Us for the heck of it, and was surprised to see that the Morbius/Quasar wave has finally (!) arrived in my area. It was pretty cool to find the Rogue figure (the only one I'm missing from the wave) in a store. In-hand, her mohawk doesn't bother me as much as it did in all of the pics, but it is still pretty annoying, especially since otherwise it would have been a really nice figure. If the line continues, I really hope that someone else will take over at Hasbro -- this past year Bobby's overall performance has been pretty lacking in terms of design decisions and overall quality control.

Any customizers here familiar with Zag Toys Domez? I've got some Shadow Heartless from their Kingdom Hearts line that I'm trying to cut from the bases. My X-Acto knife isn't doing the job and I don't want to force it and rip through their feet. Any ideas for getting them off the base?

*edit*

Nevermind, I managed to cut through them. A bit like using a butter knife on concrete, but it worked out eventually.

• 2 weeks later...

Not Marvel, but I thought I'd share. With the new wave of 3.75" SW Black Series figures on the horizon, I've been checking BrickSeek pretty religiously in the hopes that they'll restock something besides the Phasma wave. Most of the Walmarts have been consistent at 20-40ish figures but one store just jumped up to 270. No, not a typo. 270 figures. I hauled ass over there hoping to score some Tuskens or Sandtroopers (or ERGs if I was really lucky). They had maybe 30 on the shelves, all from the Phasma wave.

I asked someone to manually check and they said they do in fact have 270 on hand, but they won't pull more until the shelves empty first. He wouldn't pull any cases to let me look, nor would he tell me wave number was written on the side of the cases. I'm going to keep checking back in the hopes that I can find a different employee.

On an entirely unrelated note, does anyone know what would happen to a customer that just happened to hop in the back room and look through pallets? Assuming of course that said customer paid for the figures? Purely hypothetically of course :biggrin:

Only new figures I found were the 6 inch ML Guardians Wave with the New Death's Head II.

And the 6 inch Homecoming Spiderman 2 packs...

NOTHING 4 inch,

Maybe go back and grab a Death's Head II for my Transformers shelf.

It would be nice if they did a classic Death's Head in the 6" line so we could have one that's more accurately scaled to MU

I actually want all 5 figures but 19 bucks for each, come on now!!

It's definitely a bummer and it prevents me from army building Goldtron, but at least we're finally getting Jessica Jones and a decent Magneto. But this is likely my fault. I was just mentioning to a friend that I really wished this wave would make it out and that I'd be willing to pay a few bucks extra. The universe is making an honest man out of me. Sorry guys.

I bought the Titan Heroes Sandman last night just to see how he'd look with 3.75" figures. I had no idea the Titan Heroes have more than 5 poa. He needs elbows and knees, but he's not half bad and it was an easy impulse buy at $7. I don't expect them to get too deep into character selection, but I wouldn't mind Dormammu in this line. This would also be a cost efficient way to army build Sentinels too.