DarthOnyx

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi there!

Please enjoy the pics of my new custom...Nathan Dayspring Summers...aka Cable! (breakdown after pics)

The dynamic duo:

Cable1.jpg

XXXX

Cable2.jpg

Dysfunction much? Good shot of scars and gold eye...

Cable3.jpg

Before and after:

Cablebefore-after.jpg

Ok...so...Nate is made up of 6 different toys. The main body is Punisher v.2, the mech arm and holster were Maverick's, the obligatory 90's leg pouches are a utility belt from a Microman Batman, the chest piece is Deadpool's, one shoulder pad belonged to a 6" Iron Man, and the other shoulder pad was Cobra Overkill's. It was a labor of love! I painted all the leather brown, then drybrushed yellow. I cut the scars with an exacto, let red paint drip in, and then dry brushed the final face coats. The cyber eye is gold, and most stuff is epoxied on and good!

Now then...a couple of pics of my latest commission piece, 3.75" Marvel Universe Warpath in his modern X Force uniform.

He was made from various WWE buildnbrawl parts from the waist up, and the waist down belonged to Punisher, and although one hand is a fist that's great for punching mutant haters, I cut the handle of one of his knives so that it looks like he's holding it, since alot of the Warpath pics have him using both.

001.jpg

002.jpg

004.jpg

This is the first of the new X force which was a commission request from a new friend in Iraq.

After getting tired of the crappy hips on my movie victor creed, I decided to fix them. I took apart a wwe build and bralwer with jeans on, and used the pelvis and hips from that (they have ball jointed hips but use a similar swivel joint at the thigh area like the XMO wolverine figs. Just popped off the BNB's legs where they meet the thigh swivel, did the same to victor. Used victor's waist peg instead of the BNB's, added some paint and detailing, and problem solved. Now my victor has hip articulation akin to that of the MU figs. I sadly don't have any pics right now, but if any of you great customizers on here want to try that fix, go for it! Just wanted to pass it along.

Hey,

I just posted this guy over in the Custom Forum Section, but thought I would offer it up here for your approval. I'd love to know what you think. Thanks for looking.

Your choice of, and outcome of the customs, Classic Avengers is awesome. Keep up the great work.

Thanks! I think my choice of subject matter might be a little too "classic" for most of our forum members, but I'm glad you like them.

Hey,

I just posted this guy over in the Custom Forum Section, but thought I would offer it up here for your approval. I'd love to know what you think. Thanks for looking.

Your choice of, and outcome of the customs, Classic Avengers is awesome. Keep up the great work.

Thanks! I think my choice of subject matter might be a little too "classic" for most of our forum members, but I'm glad you like them.

Not classic enough for any true Avengers fan. I am very tempted to steal that Mar-vell recipe. Starfox is a character I never expected to see made even as a custom. Im impressed. I hope you continue doing some more of the 80's characters others wouldnt think to try.

Nice, I'm kind'a hoping that this is what we'll get in the 2-pack. While some of the 'effects' are nice, I tend to agree that if a sculpt is good enough then lighting will effectively bring-out the details. In fact, I'm a bit surprised that the "blue light" version wasn't the one chosen for the comic-packs...seems more logical to me.

Excellent Rob! This was actually one of the first customs I thought of when I first saw photos of Ms. Marvel because of her physical...eh, qualities. Hasbro will be able to get a lot of mileage out of this sculpt (Electra, Storm, Invisible Woman, etc., etc.). It just makes it all the more bitter-sweet that it doesn't have "Has-bows" or a bicep-swivel, though they have said that they would be adding "a cut" later.

Has anyone tried popping the upper torso and lower torso apart on the MU figures? Do they pop apart like the modern Joes do (looks like they would)? I want to "fix" the Union Jack I just got with different arms and legs and have an idea for a another Joe figure using a mixture of Joe and MU parts.

As far as I can tell, they look and sound like they crack open like the new Joes.. Meaning they have a seam running along them like the joe bodies and they sometimes make the "clicking noise" at the torso like the joes do.

Well, hello. Do make yourself at home.

Now then, I have to say I'm totally excited to bring you my newest custom commission piece for a new friend serving in Iraq. Ororo Munroe, better known as sometimes leader of the X-Men...Storm!

She is in the 3.75" Marvel Universe scale. As always the recipe follows the pics. I hope you like her!

Solo 1

Stormsolo1.jpg

Light from above:

Stormsolo2.jpg

Heavenly light:

Stormsolo3.jpg

Group:

StormGroup1.jpg