Closeup:

Stormcloseup1.jpg

Back:

Storm-back.jpg

Holding hands:

Storm-handheld.jpg

Before...after!

Storm-beforeafter.jpg

Y'know, there's so many costumes in the X Men world that it's hard to pick one at any given moment. Here I went with an all-purpose Jim-Lee style look, inspired from different images.

Ok...so, at one time Storm started out as the always versatile Ms. Marvel. Her head once belonged to Starfire from DCIC. The belt was at one time Deadpool's, with a magic jewel glued on.

Ok...the jewel isn't magic. But I did use two more to make the X symbols. The Jim-Lee-esque shoulder pads were Wolverines...and there's not too many people that get away with that.

I sculpted the wristbands. The ribbon came from "the store". Sheesh...I think that's it. Oh yeah...carefully painted using several varieties of acrylics, and all joints sanded so there's no wear. Store bought quality is always the goal.

Thank you as always for checking out my stuff!

Now it's time to get back in the studio and do work!

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think any child of the 80s like myself that grew up with Star Wars and GI Joe has a place in their heart for 3.75" figures. Naturally, I'm a fan of Marvel Universe/XMOW. That being said, I cannot deny it.

The MU Hulk is one of the worst incarnations of the character I've ever seen. I could sit and and complain, but we've ALL done that, and it would take up many pages.

Anyway, the first step being throwing that MU Hulk in my parts bin. The second step was finding a suitable replacement, which was actually very easy. I had 4 rules in making my Hulk custom.

1. Size. 6" Marvel Legends Hulks are just TOO big. To me, personally, I like Hulk to be bigger than a person could ever be. He's been drawn so many sizes that there's not really one, standard size. We have the TV show really big human size all the way to artists that draw him as big as a house. In the first Hulk movie, I thought he was too big, but in the reboot second film, I thought they had it perfect. Big enough to pick up cars and punch tanks, but not as big as my apartment.

2. He has to look somewhat primal and REALLY pissed off. I don't need him to look like any specific era of Hulk, or look like a caveman or have any particular haircut.

3. Purple torn up pants.

4.Good articulation. I don't need 32 poa. Just enough to get him in any typical Hulk poses I want.

So...with those four rules in play...I bring you my version of MU HULK complete with themed sequential action shots...

Group...good size comparison. Not too big...not too small:

007.jpg

1...039.jpg

2!!!

040.jpg

Hulk on Hulk violence:

028.jpg

Hulk strongest one there is!!!

008.jpg

So, yes, he's a 5" scale movie 2 Hulk simply repainted. It's crazy how much difference a paint job can make! I saw him in the package and saw potential, but he was this drab military green with no shading, and one of his eyes were painted halfway down his cheek all melty-lookin'. They had three left on discount, and they all had melty-eye. So, I brought him home and gave him several coats of paint including 4 kinds of green, two of which I mixed myself.

Yes the Movie 2 Hulk is closest in size to a basic anger Hulk but as he gets madder he gets bigger. For instance when he came back from Sakarr he was much bigger than he had been because he was totally ticked so the 8" tall WW Hulk fig is more or less in scale for that version look at the pic in that issue of Ironman where he stoops down and looks Dum Dum Dugan in the face then take a GI Joe and put them in the same positioning.

from Ironman #20

001-26.jpg

003-15.jpg

I posted these over in the main customs forum but thought I'd post them here too.

009-11.jpg

007-9.jpg

IMG_0004-1.jpg

So what did you to SM?

Spider-man? I didn't do anything to him or Ms Marvel. They are there to round out the team. I did make custom file cards for all 4 of them. Here is a blank set of them for everyone.

SHIELDFileCards.jpg

nice but to make Ms Marvel really accurate what you should do is switch her head with that of the Modern Ms Marvel and give the hair a foxy tint

So what did you to SM?

Spider-man? I didn't do anything to him or Ms Marvel. They are there to round out the team. I did make custom file cards for all 4 of them. Here is a blank set of them for everyone.

SHIELDFileCards.jpg

nice but to make Ms Marvel really accurate what you should do is switch her head with that of the Modern Ms Marvel and give the hair a foxy tint

True however the next modern Ms Marvel I find will either become Pheonix, or Psylocke. Right now I'm working on Jean Gray, and Archangel using Scarlet, & Nemesis Immortal. Jean is done so now I just need to paint Archangel.

001-28.jpg

002-25.jpg

Hello one and all. Thanks for stopping by.

So, I have heard the cries of the people...and the cries of the people say "more MU villains! Now!" I am here to oblige, and bring you what seems to be my most detailed 3.75" work yet...The nefarious Red Skull! You want villains? Well, nazi sympathizers bent on world domination are pretty much as bad as it gets.

(NOTE: The Red Skull's opinions are his own and bear no reflection of Sentinel Prime, Iacon Studios, you, the website, or anyone else that isn't an evil maniac)

I think we were all disappointed to learn that the official Marvel Universe Red Skull was going to be a repaint of an Indiana Jones figure, which is short for that scale, and had a T-crotch construction. I decided to correct the entire situation. As always the recipe follows the pics, my dear friends.

023.jpg

002.jpg

011.jpg

005.jpg