MU Customs

DarthOnyx

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Baron Von Winkler thanks for this idea. ROC Destro as Red Skull.

002-32.jpg

001-33.jpg

003-22.jpg

Looks pretty cool, like a 'real world' Red Skull (that head would look awesome on a *suit). I used this head on mine:

http://trigatecreations.com/store/index.ph...products_id=436

I had to dremel the socket out a little bit, but it looks freak'in sinister on that Destro base. I originally planned on painting the suit black and the shirt white, but after popping the finished head on for a dry-run I decided that the grey suit suited him pretty well (especially with the red piping. The blue shirt really brings out his eyes too!). I took off the shoulder holster (saving it for Nick Fury) and added a sweet working holster and Luger (from the Indiana Jones German Motorcycle Dlx.) to the right side of his jacket bottom. I'm trying to find some lil' bits in my fodder-bin to make a long cigarette holder. I haven't added an armband yet as I can't decide if I want it black or red, but after seeing yours I'm leaning toward red (still need a clean swastika decal). I wish I could post a photo as I'm pretty proud of how well this extremely easy custom came out. I just love this base body and plan on picking-up a few more for a Rocketeer custom now that they're readily available in stores.

*There's a really great 'suit' base in that SDCC Destro 2-pack exclusive. I hope this mold gets used again as I really can't justify ($$) butchering the exclusive for a Professor X custom (+ Hardmaster head) when one will probably be released soon in MU anyway. Maybe they will actually use this body for Prof. X in the near future; it's perfect.

I picked up the DC Hawkman set on clearance at target for around 4 bucks and thought...hey. I could make Angel now. Loved the other version done on here and wanted to try my hand at it. I will warn you guys I'm not very good at this, this is only the third custom I've made, so be gentle in your critiques. The recipe: Johnny Storm body, Young Indiana Jones head, Hawkman wings. I haven't decided if I want to make his face blue or his wings white yet. I kind of like the contrast of grey wings to the costume, but maybe that's just me.

post-21607-1248488616_thumb.jpg

post-21607-1248488597_thumb.jpg

post-21607-1248488575_thumb.jpg

I picked up the DC Hawkman set on clearance at target for around 4 bucks and thought...hey. I could make Angel now. Loved the other version done on here and wanted to try my hand at it. I will warn you guys I'm not very good at this, this is only the third custom I've made, so be gentle in your critiques. The recipe: Johnny Storm body, Young Indiana Jones head, Hawkman wings. I haven't decided if I want to make his face blue or his wings white yet. I kind of like the contrast of grey wings to the costume, but maybe that's just me.

post-21607-1248488616_thumb.jpg

post-21607-1248488597_thumb.jpg

post-21607-1248488575_thumb.jpg

He looks really good. I also went back and forth over the face color. Though the wings really should be white. Here's mine I just wish the Hawk man wings could move for posing.

004-15.jpg

I finished Cable this morning while watching Watchmen, and transfering files to my new computer from my old one.

The harness is sheet styrene, and the gun is... well I'm not sure what the gun is from it was in a bin of GI Joe weapons I picked up real cheap.

004-18.jpg

003-23.jpg

002-33.jpg

001-34.jpg

wow man I'm really liking that concept for cable. It'd look a little better with more gear and pouches (I'm sure you would have with the proper equipment), but that costume was always my favorite take on him.

He looks really good. I also went back and forth over the face color. Though the wings really should be white. Here's mine I just wish the Hawk man wings could move for posing.

004-15.jpg

Yeah, I loved yours. I too wish the wings could move. I thought about taking them off and using Jinsaotomes' recipe for a marvel legends angel to make them move, but I don't have the right sized ball joints laying around to do it. I think I will end up painting the wings white though.

I finished Cable this morning while watching Watchmen, and transfering files to my new computer from my old one.

The harness is sheet styrene, and the gun is... well I'm not sure what the gun is from it was in a bin of GI Joe weapons I picked up real cheap.

004-18.jpg

003-23.jpg

002-33.jpg

001-34.jpg

wow man I'm really liking that concept for cable. It'd look a little better with more gear and pouches (I'm sure you would have with the proper equipment), but that costume was always my favorite take on him.

I thought about making him with the shoulder pads and shoulder gun like he had in Wolverine #85 when they fought the Phalanx but I couldn't figure out the curved sliding mechanism for the shoulder. It also would have needed a TON of pockets. Now I may yet try to do that but for now he's done.

This is what I really wanted to do but he's close enough at least for now.

Wolv85pg14.jpg

I like this combo a lot!

I like this combo a lot!

Thanks, I saw the young Indy head and thought the hair was a good fit for Warren. I went with the Johnny Storm body due to marvel's bio on angel listing him as having next to zero body fat and hollow bones. I'm not as good as some of the others on here yet. But I'm working on it!

So I got tired of the crappy hip joints that my comic style Deadpool had, so I made a new one with some of his parts. The recipe: Comic Deadpool head, lower arms, lower legs, hands, feet. Rise of Cobra Snake Eyes torso and Rise of Cobra Deep Six upper legs. I also used Snake Eye's web gear with Deadpools sheaths attatched. Added random pouches and the deadpool belt buckle and now I have a Merc with the Mouth I can be happy with!

post-21607-1248820821_thumb.jpg

post-21607-1248820829_thumb.jpg

post-21607-1248820849_thumb.jpg

post-21607-1248820838_thumb.jpg

I decided I wanted a Mystique figure and since there is none around in this scale or even a glimmer of one in the near future I decided to make one. I seen my Star Wars the Force Unleashed Maris Brood. I have a bunch of pictures of Mystique and noticed her in an outfit that was similar to what Maris was wearing.

Mystique_by_TPollockJR.jpg

So I got me some blue paint, some yellow paint for the eyes and some black and red and it all went together. I am going to ad a skull to the necklace looking thing she has whenever I find something small enough (probably won't) to finish it up. The pictures I took aren't that good but my camera batteries died and I didn't have anymore left...damn it.

100_1679.jpg

100_1678.jpg

I am working on the Brotherhood as you see. The Magneto I am using sucks but my girlfriend's brother couldn't find the rest of the Showdown Magneto (leg and torse) so I put the head on the Wolverine and the X-Men Magneto haha. I also got the old Toybiz Blob (not a bad comparison with the MU cause I like my Blob to be bigger then a your average fatman) Showdown Juggernaut works perfectly. Going to start working on a Pyro soon and I will prob get the Wolverine and the X-Men toad.

100_1672.jpg

Now mind you this Deadpool is a light mod. I bought the Deluxe Deadpool a few days ago and since it has the teleportation devise on the belt I decided to cut off the single pack one. I gave it a grenade belt. I also painted the belt a darker brown.

100_1716.jpg

100_1714.jpg

The Apocalypse is from the old 5 inch X-Men Age of Apocalypse line. It had alot of purple, red and blue. I was just bored and decided to paint on it. It's not finished yet and I still have to go over it again, hell the paint wasn't even dry in the picture. I cut the cape off and just added what I thought looked cool

100_1709.jpg

I wanted to keep this one simple. I always liked the comic-style Ninja version and the Paris Pursuit mask is awesome. Plus by keeping it simple, I can always add whatever gear I want to make him more commando.

Head - ROC Paris Pursuit SE

Body - MU Blk Spiderman

Hands - Unknown fodder

Belt - crappy purple SE

Wrist/ankle bands - MU Union Jack

005-13.jpg