MU Customs

DarthOnyx

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the comments everyone. Again, I wouldn't have done this without seeing all the other customs on this board first.

I thought I mentioned the recipe but that must have been on thefwoosh :smile:. Basically it's Ms. Marvel body and head plus G.I. Joe ROC cover girl hair. It took me forever to decide on what head to use. I searched all over brokenarrow but none of them was what I was looking for. I was thinking about just doing a direct transplant of cover girl's head, but she looks a little manly. After seeing iaconstudios' Phoenix here, I thought to myself I might as well take a crack at using Ms. Marvel's head. It was such a pain to sand off her mask, sculpt a little over it, and then paint it. I don't know which was worse, sanding or painting the face. I'm just glad it came out ok. The blue was mixed to try matching the others uniforms and the 4 is also painted on. I was planning on doing a water slide decal for that but it would have been way too small to work with.

Again, thanks for all the comments.

Thanks for commenting everyone.

When I first got my Invaders box set, I thought that I could deal with his height. He'll just be a short Nazi. But when my girlfriend saw my display, she asked, "Why does that guy look shrimpy?" I then thought ok, I guess it is a problem. I took Destro from ROC, added the little patch thing on his left arm, and painted the upper body. I also had to adjust the neck a little because the head initially was too loose for the ball joint.

Before

001.jpg

After

002.jpg

With gun holster

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

Thanks for all the comments.

Here's a quick photo shoot for Invisible Woman and a really quick custom thanks to DarthOnyx.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

General Hawk's head initially sat too high on the neck for me. I had to hollow out the inside of the head so much that I almost went through to the top of his head. Painted the white on his hair and easy shmeasy. I finally have my Fantatic Four in the 4" scale.

NeoZeRo35, if you don't mind my asking, what did you use to create the shoulder patch and shore up the neck of your Destro/Red Skull? Some kind of modeling compound?

I also should say it just looks righteous good. I wanted to try it myself but I didn't really have the great sense you had to re-color the jacket and buttons and such. Brilliant stuff.

I think I will do an Invisible Woman that way as well. Imitation being the sincerest form of flattery. Your ideas are too good not to try for myself!

Yo!!! Im so glad to see such great work around here. It's cool to see MU thriving.

As any customizer knows, sometimes you just get hit with an inspiration, and a figure you didn't even plan for moves all the way to the front of the project list.

So it goes with my latest, everyone's favorite inbred psychopath and son of Venom, CARNAGE!!!

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

c3.jpg

c4.jpg

c5.jpg

c6.jpg

c7.jpg

c8.jpg

Mr. Cletus Cassiday started life as the single pack Black Spider Man.

I chopped off his jaw. Then, in 2 parts, I sculpted his face. First was the top jaw and teeth, then I made the lower jaw. While that was drying, I added the claw fingers. Then , while the hot glue gun was heating up, I painted him solid red.

Then, the REAL fun began. Using the famed hot glue technique, I added the 3-D symbiote, which I dry brushed gloss black. The tentacles are made from the same.

The axe was sculpted onto the Johnny Storm flame hand, which is where the alt head also came from.

Overall, it didn't really take that long surprisingly. I thought the glue would get tricky, but it went really smoothly.

Any comments, critiques love and hate are encouraged.

Thanks for your time y'all!

Very nice Carnage! He looks crazy, which isn't a bad thing.

NeoZeRo35, if you don't mind my asking, what did you use to create the shoulder patch and shore up the neck of your Destro/Red Skull? Some kind of modeling compound?

The sculpting compound I used is fixit from aves studios, but I'm sure anything that you can use to sculpt and can sand should work. Here are some pictures.

destro.jpg

006.jpg

Again, I like that Carnage iaconstudios.

Thought I'd show off some newer customs.

Gargoyle-

GI JOE Venomous Max head, WWE BnB body, hands and boots from MLS Green Goblin, wings from a Microman Devilman figure.

IMGP0966.jpg

IMGP0968.jpg

Songbird-

Mara Jade head, arms lower torso and upper legs ROC Baroness, upper torso Scarlet, lower legs GIJOE spytroops Zarana.

IMGP0969.jpg

Justice

- MU Human Torch, MLS Magneto cape.

Justice.jpg

Hey NeoZeRo35, how did you get the Invisible Woman's logo so perfect? Is it decopage?

No, it's actually hand painted. I was initially thinking about doing a water slide decal, but found that it was too small for me to work with. This is one reason why I'm starting to like customizing on this scale as opposed to the 6" scale. On the plus side, I find that the slightest imperfections aren't as obvious in this smaller scale. :wink: The downside? Working in this scale (just so small :rolleyes: ).

By the way, I really like that Songbird, PushYouDown. We really need more females in this line I think.