• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

017.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

010.jpg

When my loyal customer requested this figure, it really threw me. I literally had no clue how to go about it. The SS version wouldnt work as a base for this look, so I was clueless.

I thought about buying a plastic cat toy and cutting off the head, I thought about trying to remold the animated figure (BAD idea, that figure has TERRIBLE articulation) and who knows WHAT else.

After brainstorming for a couple of days, I stumbled across what would become the body: A Mark Henry WWE figure. It had the right body type, big, not fat, strong yet not chisled.

I cut off his toes and fingers. I sanded his poor wittle face right down. He got a bit of a shave and hair cut, then I went to work with Apoxie Sculpt, forming new feet, fingers, face, ears, hair and fur all over his body. A few coats of paint later and x-symbols later and voila.

It's pretty much a cross between his last two costumes. The current one was way too complicated for me to invest that kind of time into, and the last one always looked kinda creepy to me, so here's a good blend of the two.

He has removable goggles, a high tech med-pistol of some sort, a wrist package complete with retractable saw and the techy backpack.

Please do let me know any critisicms or critiques you may have.

Thanks!

IS aka Sentinel Prime

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I had this really good idea for a nick fury custom, I am using a shield agent and mace windu's head which is Sam Jackson. It should look pretty cool when I am done. My question is. When u fill the ball joint, what do you fill it with & do I simply put the substance in the head & put the ball neck joint into the filled head... I dunno.. So a little help would be cool

Hey I had this really good idea for a nick fury custom, I am using a shield agent and mace windu's head which is Sam Jackson. It should look pretty cool when I am done. My question is. When u fill the ball joint, what do you fill it with & do I simply put the substance in the head & put the ball neck joint into the filled head... I dunno.. So a little help would be cool

What did you fill the ball joint with? I ussually use cyano-acrylate/ super glue to tighten it and thentake them apart to let the glue dry so it doesn't glue it to the body.

There's lots of ways to do this. You can put Vaseline on the ball and fill the neck socket with hot glue, then trim the excess after it hardens. Vaseline is kinda messy though as well as hot glue. What I usually do is take a little ball of green stuff or whatever sculpt material I am using. I place the ball f sculpt in the socket then I wet the neck ball with either water or brush a little Pam cooking spray on it. Then I mash it into the socket while twisting slightly. Then I just leave it to cure. Much easier, less time consuming, and less messy than the hot glue technique. I also find it makes a more snug fit.

• 2 weeks later...

After buying the Secret Wars 2 pack i had another classic armor ironman. So i gave him to my friend to customize and 2 days later he bought the Silver Centurion over. I really like it especially the repulsor chest area. He molded new shoulder pads, groin area and leg armor. He also smoothed out the glove area. tell me what you think guys.

The photo quality isnt too good though, im pretty crap at taking photos.

post-15560-1259680289_thumb.jpg

post-15560-1259680298_thumb.jpg

post-15560-1259680307_thumb.jpg

After buying the Secret Wars 2 pack i had another classic armor ironman. So i gave him to my friend to customize and 2 days later he bought the Silver Centurion over. I really like it especially the repulsor chest area. He molded new shoulder pads, groin area and leg armor. He also smoothed out the glove area. tell me what you think guys.

The photo quality isnt too good though, im pretty crap at taking photos.

Your friend did a very good job.

i have been working on these figures for a little while, crossbones was made out of a union jack figure & nick fury was made out of a shield agent and mace windu's head from star wars. the x men deadpool was the easiest made from cyclops,weapon 11 deadpool and regular deadpool. the alternate scarlet spider was also pretty easy, the hood i got from a storm shadow figure. now the us. agent figure has a cade skywalker head & a darker paint job

post-24353-1259687668_thumb.jpg

post-24353-1259687680_thumb.jpg