MU Customs

DarthOnyx

066.jpg

031.jpg

033.jpg

Well, ol' Cable here started out life as the Punisher. I switched out the arm and body armor with Maverick. The yellow was painted brown, then dry brushed with 2 kinds of yellow. The body is Model Master Acryl Insignia Blue, with cobalt highlights. I used an xacto to actually cut the scars into his face, then let Scab Red drip into the cuts. Then, I painted his face with Tamiya flat flesh, then dry brushed two lighter shades over that. The cyborg eye is painted yellow as well. The X Symbol is hand crafted. The guns are from various GI Joe figures, and painted as well to bring out the highlights. The hair is neutral gray with white drybrushing.

He retains all articulation, and all armor is removable.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

IM Movie Tony Stark in black, and gray jump suit.

I picked up the Duke, Snakeeyes, and 2 Neo Viper pack at Target tonight for $5 and I noticed that Duke's suit resembled Tony's jump suit he wore under the MKIII armor. So I used my sharpies (man I love these things) to dye the pants black, draw his goatee, color his hair, and draw the arc reactor on his chest.

002-48.jpg

001-49.jpg

testing the gauntlet (won't be doing this much since it stretches his wrist out)

004-37.jpg

XMO Sabretooth with interchangeable heads:

As you all know, Hasbro gave us two versions of Sabretooth. In my opinion, neither looked good enough. So I basically took the things I liked from both and combined them. I hated the white mane on the Blob 2-pack version but liked the head and costume color. I also liked the head on the Wolverine 2-pack version but hated the shiny brown and hair color. So, using the heat and pop technique and my teeth to pry, I switched the manes and repainted the Short haired version to match. So now I have a long and short haired version that I think looks better. Here is the result. If anyone wants to try this and needs to know the color combination I used to match the brown, send me a PM.

001-73.jpg

002-68.jpg

003-55.jpg

004-44.jpg

I haven't had the time lately to really work on my customs, but I finished some up today and will be posting pics over the next day or so as I can take them. First up is my custom of Kakashi from Naruto. The recipe is as follows:

Head/Hands: dragon ball evolution goku

Torso/Vest/Upper Arms/Upper Legs: GI Joe RoC pit commando

Lower arms: misc joe fig

Lower Legs/Feet: RoC snake eyes paris pursuit

Headband: hard master w/fodder bits.

post-21607-1264385363_thumb.jpg

Nice job! I was wondering if people posted non-Marvel characters made from Marvel figures.

You really did a good job of capturing the feel of the character... Where is his romance novel?

thanks, I'm still working on making his little "make out tactics" books, so for now let's just pretend it's still tucked away in one of his pockets.

This is my own little version of ice man. He was pretty simple to make but a must have for me as I didn't like the XMOW version and couldn't find the MU 3 pack version. I took a Silver surfer base and added a Johnny Storm head. I based the whole thing a dark blue and dry brushed layers of ice blue, white, and just a little silver to add a "frosted" look. I did the same thing to the board so he could have a little ice to "ride". The pictures don't quite show off all the layers of color and how they play off of each other, but I'm sure everyone will get the idea. Comments, questions, and critiques are always welcome.