MU Customs

DarthOnyx

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here is my quick head swap with my MU shield agent to make Nick Fury. I used the pit commando head from the GI Joe Rise of Cobra line. I painted on the facial hair after adding scrapes and small cuts along the jaw line to simulate "scruff". I also based his hair black, drybrushed a lighter brown and finally gray and white on the sides. The eye patch is from one half of baroness's glasses and some paint for the strap. It's not great, but it works for me.

I've been trying to find a good head for Tony for a while now, and I think I finally found one. The PIT Commando's head w/ hair painted black, and a mustache, and goatee makes for a really good Tony.

002-49.jpg

001-51.jpg

(behind Tony you'll note that if you look close Nick is sitting in the Sky Sweeper. It's his new personal S.H.I.E.L.D. mini jet. How he got it in the Sanctum Sanctorum is a real mystery though. Hehhe)

Being a huge Nightcrawler fan, I wanted a sort of movie style figure, only I hated the circus pants and color scheme he had in the movie (never understood why someone who can hide in the shadows would wear such bright colors). So I decided to make my own interpretation of a movie version of the fuzzy blue elf. Recipe is as follows:

head - wwe build n brawl William Regal

upper torso/arms - xmow logan

lower torso - 25th snake eyes

upper legs - 25th cobra commander

lower legs/coat - xmow premium sabretooth

hands - star wars plo kloon

feet - gi joe misc with added fodder and sculpting for the toes

tail - wwe ring rope with fodder bit for the "arrow"

I chose a black and silver color scheme because I found some art from a movie prequel comic that had a similar look for him and I thought it suited him better. As always, comments and critiques are welcome!

Added some new ones-

80's Wonderman

Wonderman.jpg

Sorry it's blurry.

The sideview turned out better. I wanted to show off the Wondermullet.

Wonderman2.jpg

Hank Pym- The Wasp is 90% done. I just can't find suitable shoulder pads for him and I need to touch up some of the paint.

Wasp.jpg

Here's a group shot of my New X-men group to show of Elixir my latest member of the team.

YoungX-men.jpg

Added some new ones-

80's Wonderman

Wonderman.jpg

Sorry it's blurry.

The sideview turned out better. I wanted to show off the Wondermullet.

Wonderman2.jpg

Hank Pym- The Wasp is 90% done. I just can't find suitable shoulder pads for him and I need to touch up some of the paint.

Wasp.jpg

Here's a group shot of my New X-men group to show of Elixir my latest member of the team.

YoungX-men.jpg

Who did you use to make them? They look really good.

Hellion and Elixir use GI JOE 25th Torpedo/ROC Deep-Six (same mold). It makes an amazing base for that costume design. You just have to cut the holsters off the legs. I have about 4 of that figure in the fodder bin.

The boots and gauntlets are fom the GI JOE VvsV Viper. I'm aslo making Anole, followed by Prodigy soon. I might make some of the other students in that uniform even if they didn't wear it in the books.

X-23 is a hodge podge of Joe Parts and an attempt to free sculpt the boots and gautlets (how happy with how they turned out and I'm probably going to scrap that figure entirely.

Dust is an Emperor Palptaine with microsister hands and a leia head with sculpted head scarf (I'm eyeing the new AOTC Padme figure for her head scarf though and I may replace it.)

Pixie is a "snowbunny" Padme figure with the head and wings from one of the Schleirch (sp) fairies they sell at Target. Her boots and gloves come from a GI JOE VvsV Scarlet figure.

Rockslide is MLS Thing. I made him two or so years ago, if I tried today I'd use MU Thing since he's already in pants.

Hellion and Elixir use GI JOE 25th Torpedo/ROC Deep-Six (same mold). It makes an amazing base for that costume design. You just have to cut the holsters off the legs. I have about 4 of that figure in the fodder bin.

The boots and gauntlets are fom the GI JOE VvsV Viper. I'm aslo making Anole, followed by Prodigy soon. I might make some of the other students in that uniform even if they didn't wear it in the books.

X-23 is a hodge podge of Joe Parts and an attempt to free sculpt the boots and gautlets (how happy with how they turned out and I'm probably going to scrap that figure entirely.

Dust is an Emperor Palptaine with microsister hands and a leia head with sculpted head scarf (I'm eyeing the new AOTC Padme figure for her head scarf though and I may replace it.)

Pixie is a "snowbunny" Padme figure with the head and wings from one of the Schleirch (sp) fairies they sell at Target. Her boots and gloves come from a GI JOE VvsV Scarlet figure.

Rockslide is MLS Thing. I made him two or so years ago, if I tried today I'd use MU Thing since he's already in pants.

I really like those boots. I might borrow some of these ideas to use on my Banshee figure in his newest suit since he had those boots.

Due to the lack of villains we seem to have in the MU scale, I decided to make one that I've not seen anyone else do yet. So I present to all of you my latest custom...Shocker! He's pretty much a MU ultimate cap with hobgoblin's arms from the bicep swivel to the elbow. I threw in arctic assault (or threat I can't remember which one) storm shadow's gauntlets and roc heavy duty's vest. A little dremeling here and there for texture (I just got my dremel and I'm not too great with it yet), a slightly modern looking paint job/costume and...voila! Shocker's ready to blast the web head. As always, comments and critiques are welcome and encouraged!

That's badass.

It's a cool interpertation. Reminds me of a redesign they would use in Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

I...I might steal that.

thanks man, I really appreciate that :) I'd love to see your version if you make one. Eventually this guy along with some of my others will be sold. I've not got an ebay account yet, just kind of gauging interest from people right now. I'd love to start doing commissions if people are interested enough in my work.

The chewed-up Kraven stand-in wasn't cutting it, but I just loved the vest, so I decided to make a custom. This is my first MU custom, and I didn't exactly make it easy on myself. It wasn't until I realized that Namor's vest was also removeable that I took a good look at him. Wristbands? check. Big, wide belt? check. No mask? check. Shaved off the ankle wings and pointy ears, got rid of the earring and trident on the belt and it was little more than a repaint. Except for the detail in all the spots and stripes, it was actually pretty easy. I could have done a better job on the face, but I can live with it.

Before:

kraven.jpg

After:

kraven2.jpg