MU Customs

DarthOnyx

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Man look at all the crap Powerman has started again haha. You can't post one day without starting some kind of drama can you? Who gives a crap rather Black Panther is skinny or buff? Matter of a fact I don't even give two flips about Black Panther anyway because I just don't like the character and wouldn't mind seeing Luke Cage #$#@# smack him. I thought you were trouble the first day I seen you post and started talking trash, then you call me a retard in that one thread and now you are trashing talking my bros Crown and Oynx. You are a character sir and it's hilarious seeing everyone on this forum school you left and right, so keep up the bad work man. You'll prob repaint a 90's X-Men Omega Red and call it a custom haha.

Is there a block feature on Marvelousnews? It be nice to avoid posts of Powergirl lol.

come on that skinny or buff black panther is old news... its his artwork & he is pretty good. his aliases are like nubian prince, i just dont think they would give a skinny hero a strong name like that & has anybody seen a panther they are pretty muscular & not skinny. but once again, this is crowncokes artwork and if he wants a sleek fast plack panther, he defenitly got the look right

I called you a RA'TARD... GO RENT HANGOVER, I PROMISE YOU WILL LAUGH

your right though, i might need to change my avatar to a villian. plus this started a healthy competition.

Man look at all the crap Powerman has started again haha. You can't post one day without starting some kind of drama can you? Who gives a crap rather Black Panther is skinny or buff? Matter of a fact I don't even give two flips about Black Panther anyway because I just don't like the character and wouldn't mind seeing Luke Cage #$#@# smack him. I thought you were trouble the first day I seen you post and started talking trash, then you call me a retard in that one thread and now you are trashing talking my bros Crown and Oynx. You are a character sir and it's hilarious seeing everyone on this forum school you left and right, so keep up the bad work man. You'll prob repaint a 90's X-Men Omega Red and call it a custom haha.

Is there a block feature on Marvelousnews? It be nice to avoid posts of Powergirl lol.

come on that skinny or buff black panther is old news... its his artwork & he is pretty good. his aliases are like nubian prince, i just dont think they would give a skinny hero a strong name like that & has anybody seen a panther they are pretty muscular & not skinny. but once again, this is crowncokes artwork and if he wants a sleek fast plack panther, he defenitly got the look right

I called you a RA'TARD... GO RENT HANGOVER, I PROMISE YOU WILL LAUGH

your right though, i might need to change my avatar to a villian. plus this started a healthy competition.

Are you Bi-Polar? I only ask because you seem to have done a total 360 on your stance. What state are you in also because in the south, we all know that, what is real panthers, are indeed slender and sleek. They are actually mountain lions or pumas. I think you have the image of a black leopard in your mind which are known to not be prevalent in North America. (see link below) You were originally very adamant and insulting of his 'artwork' until I called you out on it. it's good to realize mistakes and try to make ammends. However, pick a side and stick to it. I think it's a little late to kiss ass now.

http://peaceriverrefuge.org/Leopard.html

DUDE I AM DONE TALKING ABOUT BLACK PANTHER.... SINCE NOBODY HAS SEEN ONE IN PERSON. WE COULD JABBER ABOOUT THIS ALL DAY.

GET ON THE NEW SUBJECT.. OMEGA RED

THE TRUTH IS, I DOESNT MATTER HOW GOOD MY CUSTOM IS. YOU GUYS ARE GONNA HATE ON IT ! BUT IT DOESNT MATTER TO ME. ONYX DOES THIS FOR A LIVING & LIKE SHOOTER MGAVIN (HAPPY GILMORE) EATS PIECES OF #$@# LIKE ME FOR BREAKFAST. CROWNCOKE CAN MAKE PRETTY GOOD CUSTOMS ALSO... SO IT LOOKS LIKE I BETTER STEP MY GAME UP

Ya know, it's not even about the contest to me anymore. I'm honestly glad for it because it gets more people involved in the site, more people posting, and more people interested in the customizing aspects of the hobby. Personally, I've gotten bored with the same old poll threads of which characters they want made.

I get arguing. Lord knows, I did my fair share in keeping the Thor/Thunderstrike roll going.

I have no idea what's going on right now.

All I do know is we are straying from the topic which is customizing.

Sooo.. We got the Omega Red challenge coming up. That's cool.

What else is everyone working on?

I finished a AoA Weapon X last night. Tht was a quicky.

I'm almost done with a Living Laser custom (in his classic outfit not the energy being version)

I assembled the parts for a Thor Girl custom.

I was about to start work on Mercury from the New X-men but the arm joint broke on the figure I was going to use so I need to figure out how to fix it or put it on the back burner.

I'd really like to see your AoA Weapon X. I've been thinking about doing one myself (lots of extra Wolverine parts due to discounts, and Wolverine's head is pretty distinct).

Speaking of Wolverine customs, did anyone have any feedback on my Old Man Logan (now a page or two back)? I hate to beg, but I was really hoping to get some comments (negative or positive...I accept criticism).

I'd really like to see your AoA Weapon X. I've been thinking about doing one myself (lots of extra Wolverine parts due to discounts, and Wolverine's head is pretty distinct).

Speaking of Wolverine customs, did anyone have any feedback on my Old Man Logan (now a page or two back)? I hate to beg, but I was really hoping to get some comments (negative or positive...I accept criticism).

I LIKED IT... GIVE HIM CLAWS

sorry man, i think it got lost in all the arguing. i really loved the custom. it looked like you put a lot of effort into that piece. you said the hat could fit on him?

DUDE I AM DONE TALKING ABOUT BLACK PANTHER.... SINCE NOBODY HAS SEEN ONE IN PERSON. WE COULD JABBER ABOOUT THIS ALL DAY.

GET ON THE NEW SUBJECT.. OMEGA RED

THE TRUTH IS, I DOESNT MATTER HOW GOOD MY CUSTOM IS. YOU GUYS ARE GONNA HATE ON IT ! BUT IT DOESNT MATTER TO ME. ONYX DOES THIS FOR A LIVING & LIKE SHOOTER MGAVIN (HAPPY GILMORE) EATS PIECES OF #$@# LIKE ME FOR BREAKFAST. CROWNCOKE CAN MAKE PRETTY GOOD CUSTOMS ALSO... SO IT LOOKS LIKE I BETTER STEP MY GAME UP

I'm not slamming your work. I am trying to educate you. it's not your work that is in question. it is your demeanor and often defensive approach towards your fellow hobbyists. It's not so much what you say as how you say it. It's difficult to decipher tones and attitude through written words. therefore, what is written can often be taken completely wrong. It's also much easier for a person to be ugly towards others or act in a manner that they normally would not in settings away from a computer. I'm sure you're an alright guy and have very good intentions in person. I do, however, think that you may take a lot of things here personally. A few of your statements are inaccurate in reference to myself. I'd like to correct those if I may. I will in no way "bash" everything you do as I really don't give a #$@#. This is evident in a few other threads where I honestly reply, uncalloused, to some of your posts. My thing is, I don't see the point in people being unnecessarily rude to each other and will defend that when necessary. No one here is better than anyone. We all have #$@# that needs wiping off our asses. I don't presume to be better than anyone here either. I just do my thing. people can like it or not. It doesn't matter because I will still do my thing and I don't do it looking for acceptance. I think if more people thought in this manner, they would not be so judgmental. I'm not trying to eat anyone for breakfast. I really enjoy seeing other's work, especially when they are committed to improving their work. So if this challenge teaches you how to improve yourself and your work, then I have won after all.

As for not seeing a panther, I have seen many in my life.

Powerman... I dont plan to hate on your custom. For the most part I have liked your work. It gives me a muse to push my ideas against.

Wedge,

I did like the old man Logan. Was thinking maybe swappable hands so you could have claws as well. Keep up the good work.

I am not sure my Omega Red will be in the league with others. I normally try to frankenstein my figures and that doesnt always work. Good luck to all that are going to take part in Marvelous' Omega War.

I did a version of AoA Weapon X about a year ago. I wasn't as happy with the outcome as I hoped. This was when I first began sculpting and the hair was just never right for me. I may re-approach this in the future.

Used XOW Weapon X body. Carved and sanded metal nipples off and exchanged feet. Head is from TRU 2-pack Logan with sculpted hair and left arm.

14474-1.jpg

14474-2.jpg

JAN_7660.jpg

One of my students loaned me Old Man Logan last week, and I was inspired to make this custom. It is one of my first Marvel customs (my others I've just stolen from you guys). I am pretty proud of it.

I'm sorry I missed this originally. I think it looks really good and like the addition of the horse. It's a very impressive start!

sorry man, i think it got lost in all the arguing. i really loved the custom. it looked like you put a lot of effort into that piece. you said the hat could fit on him?

Yeah, the hat is an Indiana Jones hat, and it fits nicely. I have a picture with hat that I can post when I get home. Unfortuately, it doesn't match the coat, but I liked the black (and the arms matched so well) so much that I was hesitant to paint it.

i've seen the animal in person at the zoo, but i think he may have meant the actual character.

on another note, we all like comic books and figures, which unfortunately in a lot other "cool peoples" eyes makes us "nerds" or "losers".

when i first started coming to this forum is was because i thought "wow, everyone here is nice and likes the same stuff as me". i was happy knowing that i could come on here and not have to worry about being made fun of or whatever...lately im not so sure.

we should all be really encouraging to each other and stop the petty fighting, and be acting civil and appreciative of what we have here. there are gonna be a lot of new people coming here since this toy line is picking up, and being some of the first guys/girls collecting this from the beginning we need to set the standard for the way this site is portrayed.

anyways, this is just my opinion, do what you want with it.

Thanks bro. I'd like for us all to continue these challenges. i have a few more characters I'd like to make and see other's take on as well, but I think we should wait until after Toyfair to have a better view of what is heading our way. I'd love to throw Apocalypse into a challenge but again, I think it would be best to wait for Toyfair.

I did a version of AoA Weapon X about a year ago.

I really liked yours. The hair was insane but it was insane in the comic so it worked.

I used WWE Build and Brawl figures for the base. The head from the MU yellow and blue Wolverine. He looks a little on the small side but reallt that's how Wolverine should look.

i've seen the animal in person at the zoo, but i think he may have meant the actual character.

on another note, we all like comic books and figures, which unfortunately in a lot other "cool peoples" eyes makes us "nerds" or "losers".

when i first started coming to this forum is was because i thought "wow, everyone here is nice and likes the same stuff as me". i was happy knowing that i could come on here and not have to worry about being made fun of or whatever...lately im not so sure.

we should all be really encouraging to each other and stop the petty fighting, and be acting civil and appreciative of what we have here. there are gonna be a lot of new people coming here since this toy line is picking up, and being some of the first guys/girls collecting this from the beginning we need to set the standard for the way this site is portrayed.

anyways, this is just my opinion, do what you want with it.

THIS IS TRUE, I HAVE GOTTEN GRIEF OVER THINGS I HAVE SAID ABOUT BLACK PANTHER & ALPHA FLIGHT. THESE ARE JUST MY OPINONS & LIKE LIONSFIREHG HAS SAID. WE ARE All MARVEL FANS & ARE ON HERE FOR THE SAME REASON. I COLLECT COMIC BOOKS & MAKE CUSTOMS JUST LIKE ALL OF YOU. MY WIFE CALLS ME A NERD EVERYTIME I GO INTO TOYS R US OR A HOBBY SHOP.I LOG ON EVERYDAY JUST TO HEAR YOUR OPINION OR YOUR TO SEE YOUR NEW CUSTOMS.IN OTHER WORDS I AM A FAN OF ALL OF YOU. I DO HAVE MY OWN OPINOINS AND SOMETIMES I EXPRESS THEM TOO STRONGLY, FOR THAT I APOLOGIZE. I ENJOY EVERYTHING EVERYONE SAYS ON HERE, IT IS ALL INTRESTING AND AMUSING. I THINK THE DEBATES WE HAVE ARE HEALTHY, BUT WE GOT TO STOP NAME CALLING.

WE SHOULD APPRECIATE EACHOTHERS TALLENTS