MU Customs

DarthOnyx

I saw Powerman's Jigsaw, and was inspired to look up a pic of him in a Punisher looking suit to make my own. So I got started on him this morning, and just finished up.

003-44.jpg

002-51.jpg

Punisher/Jigsaw face off

001-53.jpg

nice jigsaw.... he looks pretty damn good , i think i will cut mine up a little bit more.

changed my avatar... this contest gots me pumped !

one last thing.. mu WAVE 2 2010... HASBRO TOYSHOP.COM... GO GET EM

An effective method is to heat the blade of a razor-knife but don't press it hard just let it glide.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I saw Powerman's Jigsaw, and was inspired to look up a pic of him in a Punisher looking suit to make my own. So I got started on him this morning, and just finished up.

003-44.jpg

002-51.jpg

Punisher/Jigsaw face off

001-53.jpg

nice jigsaw.... he looks pretty damn good , i think i will cut mine up a little bit more.

changed my avatar... this contest gots me pumped !

one last thing.. mu WAVE 2 2010... HASBRO TOYSHOP.COM... GO GET EM

Thanks I'm glad everyone likes him. What I used was one of the picks in my exacto knife set. I just scraped it across his face in a criss cross patern trying to match the look of the ML face off figure as closely as possible. Then to make the scars really stand out I used a flesh tone sharpie in the scrapes, and imediately wiped it off of the face with my thumb before it had a chance to set on the the actual face. This left the color of the flesh tone marker in the wounds like black washing or panel lining on a Gundam, or jet model.

i havent seen anybody do a ghost rider yet... so here you go

this was a pretty easy custom.... green goblin or hobgoblin(base) & A super hero showdown ghost rider.I used both arms, both legs the head, collar & belt from the MLSD ghost rider. As most of you know the showdown figures are flimsy.So i parted him out & made a way better figure. this custom took like 2 hours.

Thanks for the props. I got a hard master on the way for a little project of my own. Your daken looks cool, if I try one I think I will use one from the secret wars two pack. I think I like that one the best because of the articulation around the hips. But very good job on wolverines son, I like his Mohawk & tats

And feel free to take my custom & make it your own, lord knows how many I have taken from here. That's why we post em.

Thanks for the props. I got a hard master on the way for a little project of my own. Your daken looks cool, if I try one I think I will use one from the secret wars two pack. I think I like that one the best because of the articulation around the hips. But very good job on wolverines son, I like his Mohawk & tats

And feel free to take my custom & make it your own, lord knows how many I have taken from here. That's why we post em.

It looks good. Not sure about some parts choices. I've never liked the MLS GR head, but I realize that is probably the only 3.75" GR head available. Perhaps Trigate or another site may have a skull head and just add hot glue and clear orange paint. The Green Goblin or Hob body...not sure why that choice or the ceiling fan chain. Your apps and execution are great though.

It looks good. Not sure about some parts choices. I've never liked the MLS GR head, but I realize that is probably the only 3.75" GR head available. Perhaps Trigate or another site may have a skull head and just add hot glue and clear orange paint. The Green Goblin or Hob body...not sure why that choice or the ceiling fan chain. Your apps and execution are great though.

thanks onyx...

Yea I just don't have the patience for odering heads or body parts online. Plus I don't l know many websites that offer cool limbs and other things of that nature. The hobgoblin bod was totally random( I had two of them). Like you I never really liked the MLS GR. He actually fell apart on me when I opened the box. So my ultimate goal wa making a tougher figure. As far as the ceiling fan chain it was take a more realistic looking one from my wife & get my ass whooped or use the fake one.

I would love to browse some custom figure websites,if you wanna give em up

thanks onyx...

Yea I just don't have the patience for odering heads or body parts online. Plus I don't l know many websites that offer cool limbs and other things of that nature. The hobgoblin bod was totally random( I had two of them). Like you I never really liked the MLS GR. He actually fell apart on me when I opened the box. So my ultimate goal wa making a tougher figure. As far as the ceiling fan chain it was take a more realistic looking one from my wife & get my ass whooped or use the fake one.

I would love to browse some custom figure websites,if you wanna give em up

I understand. Personally, I don't buy stuff from those sites. Just haven't seen anything I'm really interested in. I'll get a few heads r parts from my friends over there or through trade,but I think I've only bought two things. I suggest next time you go to any store, just getting a chain out of a gumball machine. They work well for this scale. Here are a few sites.

www.trigatecreations.com

www.brokenarrowtoys.com

www.marauderinc.com

Everyonce in a while you can find a realistic chain on keychains. I think the G1 TF minibot keychains from '07 had real chains. I have a chain that I'm thinking about adding heat glue to, to make it look like it's on fire. Your GR looks really good. Was it the single card GR you had? I have the rider version, and he holds together really well.

Wedge that Daken looks really good. I'm thinking about making a Daken out of the spare rider Wolie I have using the Storm Shadow head I shaved for Wong, and later replaced w/ a Hardmaster head on on the Storm Shadow body for Wong.

Everyonce in a while you can find a realistic chain on keychains. I think the G1 TF minibot keychains from '07 had real chains. I have a chain that I'm thinking about adding heat glue to, to make it look like it's on fire. Your GR looks really good. Was it the single card GR you had? I have the rider version, and he holds together really well.

Wedge that Daken looks really good. I'm thinking about making a Daken out of the spare rider Wolie I have using the Storm Shadow head I shaved for Wong, and later replaced w/ a Hardmaster head on on the Storm Shadow body for Wong.

yup, it was the single carded MLS GR... i think the one that comes with a bike might have a better head though. My figure fell apart when i opened the showdown box. you should have seen my face, i looked like i got coal for christmas. thats why i decided to make him. & i will be on the lookout for a cooler chain.

thanks for the props

ok, i have one more thing i wanna clarify before i start omega, i know he needs to end up being in 3 3/4 size or 1:18, but i just wanna make sure its cool with everyone that you use whatever materials you want. meaning whatever found items, sculpting clay, and toy sizes, as long as it ends up being able to fit in the marvel universe line.

let me know guys, this would make a big difference if we are ONLY able to use pieces from star wars, gi joe, or mu figures.

i personally wanna use other items and figures. so thats what i vote for.

yup, it was the single carded MLS GR... i think the one that comes with a bike might have a better head though. My figure fell apart when i opened the showdown box. you should have seen my face, i looked like i got coal for christmas. thats why i decided to make him. & i will be on the lookout for a cooler chain.

thanks for the props

Yeah I've heard some real horror stories w/ the single card GR. My GR's bike's handle bar broke off in the box I have him stored in recently so I took the handle bars off of the suction cup thing that comes w/Storm Shadow (what ever the heck it was supposed to be), and glued them on my GR's bike after braking the other handle bar off to make them match. It's hard to believe that most of the SHSD line is so fragile while other ones just really hold together well. Allot of them will probably be replaced by MU figs soon though like Juggy. I like the SHSD one but the MU one just really looks great.

ok, i have one more thing i wanna clarify before i start omega, i know he needs to end up being in 3 3/4 size or 1:18, but i just wanna make sure its cool with everyone that you use whatever materials you want. meaning whatever found items, sculpting clay, and toy sizes, as long as it ends up being able to fit in the marvel universe line.

let me know guys, this would make a big difference if we are ONLY able to use pieces from star wars, gi joe, or mu figures.

I am cool with that, use whatever... As long as he is MU size

Ok here's the math according to Marvel Omega Red is 6'11" which decimalized is about 6.91' (a whole lot of decimal places after the 9 but 6.91 is good enough). Multiply that by 12 (12 inches in 1 foot) gives you 82.92". Then to get to 1:18 scale you simply divide 82.92 by 18, and you get 4.606" (again alot of decimals after the 606 but 4.606 is good enough). So any fig around 4.5" ie XMOW Sabretooth (4 5/8") is probably about as close as you'll find to the right height. SHSD Colossus is 4 5/8" so he's pretty close too. 3.75" is such a wrong classification for this scale. They really need to start calling it 4" scale since 4" is 1:18 of 6'. Of course since it was decided that the design of the fig is up to the artist you can kind of play with the height if you want I guess. I hope this helps.