MU Customs

DarthOnyx

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Onyx - awesome job on the venom, great idea! I wish Jin Saotome would put up his tutorial on changing the hip articulation on these (same as xmow) to the traditional t-bar. So for now I'll have to stick with this swap.

Steve - looking great man, I really like your work!

I dont habe a Tut for you, but its not that hard to do. I did what your wanting with mine. I added the cross bar from my MLS/SHS Venom along with his legs.

I took an exacto blade to the seem inbetween the legs (soft plastic) and pushed it up to the ball joints and removed them. Then I drilled a cross section out of the groin area and inserted the t-bar. Follow by setting the bar and securing it (i used Lock Tite). Once it set, I put the MLS/SHS legs on the new torso.

sweet, thanks man. I might have to try that with mine

I've been working on a few customs simultaneously lately (including my omega red contest entry), taking breaks from one to work on another. I finished one up today and I'm pleased to present my take on the Black Panther. I took some inspiration from one of the others on here with my parts choices and I hope you guys like him. Recipe is as follows:

Head/hands/feet - MU Black Panther

Torso/arms/legs - MU Reed Richards (his head is now on a flame off johnny storm)

Cape - mix of Moon Knight cowl and an old Batman cape

Belt - Moon Knight

I painted him gloss black with a gunmetal gray drybrush. His claw tips and belt (along with parts of his cape) were painter with a shimmer gold. To make the detail work on his cowl I used the medallion from a DC Infinite Heroes Thangarian sp? The guys that came in the three pack with Hawkman. I also took some rounds off a GI Joe ammo belt and cut them down a little to make the "claws" that adorn his cowl. It's not exactly comic accurate, but I like my little take on him. Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks guys! I too like that war machine, I may have to go that route cause it looks like the iron man movie figs have the same hip articulation as the xmow figs :(

They do have the same hips, but they work much better. As well as they do on the ML figures. It could be that the figures are a little thicker so it makes them easier to hold onto.

Thanks guys! I too like that war machine, I may have to go that route cause it looks like the iron man movie figs have the same hip articulation as the xmow figs :(

They do have the same hips, but they work much better. As well as they do on the ML figures. It could be that the figures are a little thicker so it makes them easier to hold onto.

eh, I never liked the marvel legends figs either. I just never felt like that kind of hip articulation worked as well as the kind we have on gi joes.