MU Customs

DarthOnyx

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Onyx and I have been talking back n forth about how to fix the Venom figure... And his does look so much better than mine, but here is what i did with mine.

I split the torso at the crotch. Removed the leg posts. Drilled a cross section out of the crotch. Then trimmed down the t-bar from the MLS Venom. Inserted the trimmed down donor t-bar and secured (LockTite Super Glue set overnight). Then I added the legs from the MLS Venom.

So I have been admiring the work on this board for quite a while, but have yet to post any customs myself. You guys make me want to get in the game though, so I'm putting some of my stuff up now. Here's my take on Daken. I actually started this guy about the time that Dark Reign started. I wanted a semi-fashionable, yet casual version of Wolverine's son.

Heres the team pic.

X-FACTOR

X-FACTOR.jpg

I've been remiss on giving actual feedback. I wanted to be better about that.Starting general comments- I think you yould improve the customs immensely by being a lot more deliberate with your detail paint work- I saw this as one of the lazier customizers when it comes to cleaning up lines and etc. I think your Havok would look awesome if the X on his chest was tighter. I think he needs a belt too. The outfit just needs a little something to tie it together. I'd give the same note on Madrox. He looks good. Just needs a little extra.

Wolfsbane- GREAT. Polaris is adequate.

Strong Guy is a great custom. I've been wanting to do one using that same recipe. It really works. Ideally the legs would be skinnier (Guido's legs were supposed to be tiny compared to his torso) but I don't think the figure would be stable if you did.

ALPHAFLIGHT.jpg

Weapon Omega looks rad. I dig the Shaman figure- I know I hate painting faces too but you might want to darken the skin tone. He needs a pouch though. (I used an Indiana Jones figure's pouch for mine)

I love Northstar and Aurora- although the Black Adam head looks a little mean for Nothstar. I like the Joe ROC Storm Shadown head for him. Vindicator is good.

Puck weirds me out. He's a hard one, though.

Are you going to do Snowbird? The Enchantress head would be good place to start for her.

Steve great job on Alpha Flight. As far as Puck have you ever seen the old toybiz version for the 5 inch line? Puck is about 2 inches tall and fits in with the MU figures quite well. He lacks articulation, but looks really good. I think you did a good job on puck considering there was no base from which to make him though.