MU Customs

DarthOnyx

I'm considering making Skaar in the near future. It should be easier than the Omega Red. What do you guys think?

Who are you thinking about using for a base? The MU Hulks really won't work, and most other Hulks would be slightly too big to be his son.

The Venom body is the perfect bare torso.

Hmm you know you're right. Sabretooth would work pretty well too.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow. I was thinking about entering this friendly competition with my own rendition of 'Red, but now I don't think I will bother. Awesome job, Onyx. Incredible.

Besides, the only base I can think of to use is my brand new, Modern Thor, and I don't know when I might ever find another one. Although, I do have classic Thor, and I definitely need more villains...

Here is my take on Lady Deadpool.I made her out of a Ms. Marvel.Her bracelets are from Union Jack, her pony tail came from a Uhura Star Trek and everything else was basically from my fodder box.

[attachment

=3499:DSCF1358.JPG]

Next is my very special guy, I always work on DP.I'm always trying to improve him.His legs go up and twist like the toybiz showdown figs.I hated the ball joints he came with when I bought him last year.Well last week his neck broke, the ball part, while I was switching heads(I knew it was going to happen because it was very soft and I was dreading the day and that day sure came) so I had to sway upper torso's with a spare DP I had in my fodder box.When I did that I had to take off his upper straps, when I did that I decided to make something new there, i've been really digging how he looks in Merc with a Mouth so i decided to try to make those straps.I didn't give him the side gun he has because his arm would stick out too much(I did try).When it was done I was happy how he came out(that's what she said).I also added more red to his scarred face.

Next is DP's house...just added a garage for his bike, haven't put posters in there yet.I also added a little yellox and his Cable and Deadpool straps.

Thanks for the comments, does anyone know if clear spray paint will help with having the paint stay on the figures?I just bought some thinking it might but i'm afraid to try.

I only use testors flat or gloss. I think clear spray paint would be thick or tacky. Try it on a old figure first.

Yeah that's a good idea.I have to wait till the morning to see how it works out, my son is sleeping and if I wake him up the wife(warden) will unleash her wrath upon me...

I'm working on a fig of Reptil using Weapon X Wolvie, but I can't decide on a head. I'm thinking about a Mutt Williams but any suggestions are welcome.

Rod, I got ur pm but the site is only letting me answer one at a time. Shoot me an image and I'll look through my stuff. I may have something. I'm not familiar with him other than on Super Hero Squad that my daughter watches.

For the tendrils I took styrene coated wire, and put some glue on the end of it. Then I slid the glue into a length of 3/32"/2.4mm styrene tubing, and measured 5 inches. Then I cut through the tubing using the wire stripping notch on my pliers and pulled the rest of the tubing away from the tendril I was working on and cut the wire. Next I started segmenting the tubing w/ the wire stripping notch leaving about 1/2" of bare wire, and molded some mighty putty onto the end in the shape of the tip. Then I repeated the process for the other one. Here's how my tendrils look.

005-29.jpg