MU Customs

DarthOnyx

continued from <<<<<

020.jpg

044.jpg

052.jpg

The base figure and shield is from WW2 Captain America. Hawkeye's head, quiver and bow are used. I used Apoxie Sculpt to cover this face. The hammer is from Colossus, and the Iron Man chest piece is hand made.

He was given a base coat of Model Master Acryl silver, then I went to work with clear green and Dark Green Pearl. He was finally given a clear acrylic coating to give that constant "wet" look. One thing I love about doing metallic figures is that the paint pretty much just shades itself!

Any comments, critiques, love or hate are encouraged!

Thanks for your time!

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Glad to see you are digging into those IM2 figures Onyx, looks great.

I just wrapped on another popular custom as I was finishing the Super Adaptoid, Domino! I wanted to do another version since I've built a light box and wanted to get some better pics.

012.jpg

001.jpg

006.jpg

015.jpg

019.jpg

So, Dom here started out as the awesome Agent Helix figure from GI Joe. Using my favorite paint, Testor's MM Acryl, I went to work changing her into the Domino we all love. The X Symbol is hand made. It's a recipe many have used, and for good reason. It really looks just like her current comic self.

best one ive seen yet... make some more gadgets laying around

Thanks, I need to get a new color print cartridge to finish it. The second level is .03 ABS taped onto the top of the sectioning. I thought about putting my old ML HB IM in there lying in parts since my kids broke him. I'll probably pop my MU Iron Man figs that I replace w/ IM2 figs apart, and have them laying around in parts. I'm not sure what to use for other gadgets though.

I'm also getting one of those rebuild Darth Vader figs for the table, and I'm going to put it on the mirrored work area. I also neeto get one of those little 1:18 scale tables for him to work off of too.

I tried to scan the monitor but my scanner seems to be messed up right now.

Looks like you printed out transformers wallpaper stuff. Armory is turning out good.

Thanks, that is exactly what I'm using. I like how it looks like tech. I think I'm going to have to add another box though since even after I replace the Cl, comic MK3 (Ditka version), and Modern armor I still won't have enough room for all of the armors I'm getting. I suppose I could open the top of the box up, or I could build another one for the movie figs. This is the best line for Iron Man figs since the Iron Man cartoon line from the '90s.

Well this is my precious DP again.I have made interchangeable(sp?) straps for him.

Head, upper torso, feet and upper legs come from the single pack Deadpool.His lower legs and arms come from the deluxe DP.His lower torso is a repainted torso of an undertaker toy(it made his legs easier to move).

Okay now for the fun part.I used sewing needles to make holes into his belt and superglued packaging wire into the modern sraps and by doing that I can take it off(giggidy) when I please.The other two straps are made from ring ropes that came from a wwe toy, I repainted those too.His grenades come from a gi joe figure and the gun holster in the back comes from a star trek toy.I am really happy how this turned out because I can never decide which straps I want on him.Thank you for looking.

And here is my custom of Wade at home, I used logan's upper torso and weapon-x's lower torso.The head comes from dr. rex and and the mask is from a deadpool figure.

I have a suggestion to add some height to your lounging Deadpool. Take your Dremel, and cut his upper, and lower legs, and then his upper arms. Then get some 3/32" styrene tubing, and drill 3/32" holes into the parts. Then put the tubing into the holes to add a small extention to all of his limbs so that they match the length on you fully clothed Deadpool. Once you gotten the length just right glue them in place, and use some green stuff, or mighty putty, or some other epoxy putty to fill in around the tubing to match the rest of that limb, shape, and sand. Then simply paint him.

I have a suggestion to add some height to your lounging Deadpool. Take your Dremel, and cut his upper, and lower legs, and then his upper arms. Then get some 3/32" styrene tubing, and drill 3/32" holes into the parts. Then put the tubing into the holes to add a small extention to all of his limbs so that they match the length on you fully clothed Deadpool. Once you gotten the length just right glue them in place, and use some green stuff, or mighty putty, or some other epoxy putty to fill in around the tubing to match the rest of that limb, shape, and sand. Then simply paint him.

Wow that's a great idea, thanks.

Wow that's a great idea, thanks.

No prob. As much as you like Wade I figured you'd want him to be the right height in and out of costume. Your DP customs keep getting better, and better.

Though for his house if you want more floor space try a paper box instead of a shoe box. That is what I'm using for Tony's Armory. They are over 17" wide, 11"tall (on side), and 8 1/2" deep. The fact that the dimensions are so close to the printer paper that comes in them allows for easier more seemless wall papering. Also the added room will allow you to include his garage for his motorcycle, and whatever else you get for him inside the box.

Hey do you guys have Nightcrawler from the two pack yet? I just picked him up from Wal-Mart today. He is awesome other then then being to tall. I do hate how long his torso is and how his top half red doesn't match the lower half. Does anyone have an idea on how to fix the height? Maybe different body to switch out or cut. Thanks.

Hey do you guys have Nightcrawler from the two pack yet? I just picked him up from Wal-Mart today. He is awesome other then then being to tall. I do hate how long his torso is and how his top half red doesn't match the lower half. Does anyone have an idea on how to fix the height? Maybe different body to switch out or cut. Thanks.

I've got that Nightcrawler and I have the same complaints, though their just minor issues to me as I've got two custom nightcrawlers as well. Not sure what body you could switch it out with, but there is always the notion of trimming some stuff down and resculpting parts. As for the reds, a little paint can fix that. I gotta say though, despite the issues, I'm loving this little blue furry elf rendition hasbro gave us. Currently mine is sitting on the shoulders of my Halo Tartarus figure. They look like buddies with nightcrawler looking all intense with a slight smirk and Tartarus all grimacing and growling lol.