MU Customs

DarthOnyx

I have a suggestion to add some height to your lounging Deadpool. Take your Dremel, and cut his upper, and lower legs, and then his upper arms. Then get some 3/32" styrene tubing, and drill 3/32" holes into the parts. Then put the tubing into the holes to add a small extention to all of his limbs so that they match the length on you fully clothed Deadpool. Once you gotten the length just right glue them in place, and use some green stuff, or mighty putty, or some other epoxy putty to fill in around the tubing to match the rest of that limb, shape, and sand. Then simply paint him.

Wow that's a great idea, thanks.

No prob. As much as you like Wade I figured you'd want him to be the right height in and out of costume. Your DP customs keep getting better, and better.

Though for his house if you want more floor space try a paper box instead of a shoe box. That is what I'm using for Tony's Armory. They are over 17" wide, 11"tall (on side), and 8 1/2" deep. The fact that the dimensions are so close to the printer paper that comes in them allows for easier more seemless wall papering. Also the added room will allow you to include his garage for his motorcycle, and whatever else you get for him inside the box.

Thank you, I have cut myself plenty of times customizing DP so hearing that he's improved is very good for me.

Oh man, i've actually been thinking about making the place bigger so that's another great idea you have.I've see your armory and it looks awesome, very jealous of it.Again thanks man for the ideas.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

049.jpg

051.jpg

This figure started as XMO Tiger Stripe Wolverine, with the head from the brown suit version, which is a huge improvement. I separated his claws with a knife, then painted the costume silver. Using clear yellow, blue and red, I finished up the costume. Then his skin was painted using flat flesh, with elf flesh highlights.

Overall, a fun project. Any comments, criticism, love and hate are encouraged.

Thanks for your time!

049.jpg

051.jpg

This figure started as XMO Tiger Stripe Wolverine, with the head from the brown suit version, which is a huge improvement. I separated his claws with a knife, then painted the costume silver. Using clear yellow, blue and red, I finished up the costume. Then his skin was painted using flat flesh, with elf flesh highlights.

Overall, a fun project. Any comments, criticism, love and hate are encouraged.

Thanks for your time!

i'm liking that shiny look, good job.

i like the shiny metallic look!...i think every character would benefit from that kind of look!

+ ONYX! good eye, good imagination, good skills! i would never have thought to use the venom body for apocalypse(i'm still waiting for a body type between venom and hulks sizes)...that being said...it is already looking amazing!

I could use some advice onyx! I'm going to post my questions in your "how to" topic(the one where you showed the arm that you were going to use for poxlips!)

i like the shiny metallic look!...i think every character would benefit from that kind of look!

+ ONYX! good eye, good imagination, good skills! i would never have thought to use the venom body for apocalypse(i'm still waiting for a body type between venom and hulks sizes)...that being said...it is already looking amazing!

I could use some advice onyx! I'm going to post my questions in your "how to" topic(the one where you showed the arm that you were going to use for poxlips!)

Thanks guys! I have updated images coming soon. My daughter is due to be born Sunday so...I'm not able to commit seriously to anything right now but I will post them when I can. I answered your question also Warspectre in the how-to thread.

Hey, Guys! Check this out!

Following the dislike towards what it's know as the " Daredevil's body", I make a simple custom of Mr. Fantastic.

I took the Johnny Storm Negative Zone chase figure, and removed the head arms and legs. Added the ones from Mr fantastic... and DONE!!!

What do you think?

Following the dislike towards what it's know as the " Daredevil's body", I make a simple custom of Mr. Fantastic.

I took the Johnny Storm Negative Zone chase figure, and removed the head arms and legs. Added the ones from Mr fantastic... and DONE!!!

What do you think?

I like it. Your paints are great but I think the body may be a bit buff still.

What do you think?

I like it. Your paints are great but I think the body may be a bit buff still.

True! But it's still better than the original body. :tongue:

By the way, I like the way Apocalypse is going. Can't wait to see the final result.

i think he did it to match cyclops.... looks ok

Actually, I was basing it off of some comic art from when I had a big X Men phase around the time of the big re-launch with #1.

Here's some examples of what I'm talking about when I say that the costume could either be shiney, or it could just be the inking.

17-1.jpg

WolvieSabertooth.jpg

11-1.jpg

omegared.jpg

that does look pretty shiny

i think he did it to match cyclops.... looks ok

Actually, I was basing it off of some comic art from when I had a big X Men phase around the time of the big re-launch with #1.

Here's some examples of what I'm talking about when I say that the costume could either be shiney, or it could just be the inking.

17-1.jpg

WolvieSabertooth.jpg

11-1.jpg

omegared.jpg

that does look pretty shiny

your a better painter than me. i do like that subtle change you made to cyclops & wolverine looks pretty good when matching him up to those comics.