DarthOnyx

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Custom 3/4" S.H.I.E.L.D. logos:

I got this pack of 560 3/4" round white labels from Wal-mart, and after 4 failed sheets I got it right. You'll need to print them out borderless. The sheets are 3.25" x 5.75".

SHIELDLOGOSHEET.jpg

001-63.jpg

002-57.jpg

I DONT THINK SHIELD WOULD APPRECIATE YOU MAKING BOOTLEG LOGOS... LOL

It doesn't look like they mind.

002-58.jpg

Sweet, I especially like the jet and hover-car! I've been eying that hover-car (that just screams "SHIELD") at Wal-Mart for quite a while and just saw them clearanced at $5...time to buy some labels and start my armory! Could you give us a shot of the car's interior? They're zip-tied closed in the store and I've been wondering if it will accommodate two figures.

Those labels would look pretty swank on a few Avatar AMPs as well, don'cha think?

Custom 3/4" S.H.I.E.L.D. logos:

I got this pack of 560 3/4" round white labels from Wal-mart, and after 4 failed sheets I got it right. You'll need to print them out borderless. The sheets are 3.25" x 5.75".

SHIELDLOGOSHEET.jpg

001-63.jpg

002-57.jpg

I DONT THINK SHIELD WOULD APPRECIATE YOU MAKING BOOTLEG LOGOS... LOL

It doesn't look like they mind.

002-58.jpg

Sweet, I especially like the jet and hover-car! I've been eying that hover-car (that just screams "SHIELD") at Wal-Mart for quite a while and just saw them clearanced at $5...time to buy some labels and start my armory! Could you give us a shot of the car's interior? They're zip-tied closed in the store and I've been wondering if it will accommodate two figures.

Those labels would look pretty swank on a few Avatar AMPs as well, don'cha think?

Yes it is a 2 seater. As for what I think of A.M.P. suit w/ S.H.I.E.L.D. logos. S.H.I.E.L.D. Hulkbusters is what I think.

Wait till you guys see the Helicarrier bridge, mini jet bay, and Fury's office I'm working on. I just need to make the view screen for the bridge. I even lifted one of the Star Trek chairs for Fury since the desk on Joedios.com sits a little high.

So....i've not joined in the custom making fun because i am always looking for the 'perfect' figure parts(perfect size and color), i usually refuse to paint my action figures because of paint rub and such(are 'real' action figures painted with paint or is that a thin layer of plastic?)

I do have some sculpting skill ,and a minute amount of painting skill ,and a whole bunch of action figure parts. if i start sculpting and painting, then i can join in on all the customizing fun. Should I?

is there a super durable paint type?(what do the companies use?)

which type of paint and which type of sculpting materials would be most durable(as well as flexible?)

I could use some expert opinions...or anyones opinions really?

So....i've not joined in the custom making fun because i am always looking for the 'perfect' figure parts(perfect size and color), i usually refuse to paint my action figures because of paint rub and such(are 'real' action figures painted with paint or is that a thin layer of plastic?)

I do have some sculpting skill ,and a minute amount of painting skill ,and a whole bunch of action figure parts. if i start sculpting and painting, then i can join in on all the customizing fun. Should I?

is there a super durable paint type?(what do the companies use?)

which type of paint and which type of sculpting materials would be most durable(as well as flexible?)

I could use some expert opinions...or anyones opinions really?

Most say don't use enamels but if you use them right they can be really helpfull in preventing paint rub since enamels adhere deeper into the plastic, and then go over w/ a coat of acrylic to remove the stickyness. Try to use a similar colr enamel, and acrylic but different enough that you'll be able to differentiate, and know that you've got a good coat of acrylic over the enamel.

I present to you BAD SANTA...

i got a grab bag from trigate & there was a santa head with a socom earpeice. i was inspired to make a bad santa because i know iron man has fought santa & so has punisher.

the next group of figures are the MIDNIGHT SONS

hannibal king, blade, morbius & ghost rider

these guys were pretty fun to make. morbius-destro base wolverine head

the rest of them were made form alot of gi joe parts

the next custom is ULTIMATE PUNISHER

WAVE 1 PUNISHER-TRIGATE HEAD

my last custom is CROSSBONES

trigate-head, copperhead gi-joe

I like these, Powerman. They look like fun to make as well. I'm feeling inspired toward making a Crossbones now as well. Where'd you get the coat from Blade from?

cade skywalker(star wars)

RIGHT ON THE MONEY.. CADE SKYWALKER STAR WARS COMIC 2 PACK

THANKS FOR ALL THE PROPS. EVERYONES TIPS & IDEAS HELP ME GET BETTER. SO THANK YOU TO EVERYONE. ESPECIALLY YOU ONYX !

I REALLY WANT TO GET A GOOD SITE THAT HAS 1:18 HEADS. I KNOW OF BROKEN ARROW & TRIGATE. ARE THERE ANY OTHERS ?

Rodimus- I enjoy your SHIELD diorama and Madam Masque. Isn't painting with white on black fun? I know I dig it.

Thanks I wasn't sure if anyone had seen the S.H.I.E.L.D. diorama. I got all of the walls, and basic floors, as well as the desk, filing cabinet, and file folders (though I added the X, Avengers, S.H.I.E.L.D., FF logos) from joedios.com. I added the S.H.I.E.L.D. logos from the internet w/ a transparancy to it for the floor so you can still see the diamond plating. My son had a ball taking pics of the figs in it, so I posted his pics in the action poses section.

As for the white on Madame Masque it took me 2 coats for most areas, and 3 in some other spots all in all though a very easy custom.

Hey PM I really like your Morbious I might have to borrow that one if I can find another 25th Destro.

I like these, Powerman. They look like fun to make as well. I'm feeling inspired toward making a Crossbones now as well. Where'd you get the coat from Blade from?

THANKS FOR ALL THE PROPS. EVERYONES TIPS & IDEAS HELP ME GET BETTER. SO THANK YOU TO EVERYONE. ESPECIALLY YOU ONYX !

I REALLY WANT TO GET A GOOD SITE THAT HAS 1:18 HEADS. I KNOW OF BROKEN ARROW & TRIGATE. ARE THERE ANY OTHERS ?

I'm hoping to have my own in the next year or so

I'm hoping to have my own in the next year or so

That would be great