MU Customs

DarthOnyx

Hey, Guys! Check this out!

Movie Version Hawkeye!

I got inspired by the Ultimate Hawkeye character, and since I had the parts to work with, I went along and did it.

It's basically a mix of G.I.Joe/Regular_Comic/Ultimate_Comic. I went for Purple, since I did not liked the Red, as in the Ultimate comics when he started. (Looks more stealth this way).

I wanted to go for a Movie/realistic version. It turned out better than I expected.

What do you think?

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I want to show you guys the first step in my Thing fix. Keep in mind that I have more sculpting to do as well as painting.

Here's what I did.

First, I cut the original Thing neck in half. Then I dremeled a hoole in it and inserted a post. This s actually the shoulder ball from an old MLS Colossus. I glued it at an angle to raise the head some and added sculpt to help hold it. After dremeling out the MLS Thing head to fit, here ya go. It can now look in many directions including up and down.

002-84.jpg

003-64.jpg

004-52.jpg

005-34.jpg

I want to show you guys the first step in my Thing fix. Keep in mind that I have more sculpting to do as well as painting.

Here's what I did.

First, I cut the original Thing neck in half. Then I dremeled a hoole in it and inserted a post. This s actually the shoulder ball from an old MLS Colossus. I glued it at an angle to raise the head some and added sculpt to help hold it. After dremeling out the MLS Thing head to fit, here ya go. It can now look in many directions including up and down.

002-84.jpg

003-64.jpg

004-52.jpg

005-34.jpg

Now we just need a fix for his hip joints.

Here's a quick mock up of my next project Falcon from Piledriver.

Falconmockup.jpg

Onyx,

Love the fix you did on Ben. I know you did something similar before, but its good to actually see the WIPs this time. Keep pushing the bar higher, you can still leap them.

That would be great advice bro, if I saw a bar. Thankfully, I refuse to bring it to life by believing there is one to begin with.

Can i ask how you plan to do Falcon's wings? I have one pretty much completed but cannot figure out the wings. Think that will make a great Sam/Slam Wilson.

Well since Sam's wings are now hard light holograms I'm going to use clear red plastic. To preserve the articulation I'll be making them in 2 pieces per arm by cutting a path in the back of his arms like I did to my wip Banshee custom.

ROD, are you going to shorten the figure at all? Otherwise Falcon going to be towering over everyone else.

For wings, I actually sought out the original toybiz pre-ML figure and used those wings. I think I just had remove one 'row' of feathers and it worked.

Yeah I'm going to shorten his legs, and arms a little bit, and I might even dremel his waist to shorten his torso some.

Here's what I did.

002-84.jpg

003-64.jpg

004-52.jpg

005-34.jpg

Now we just need a fix for his hip joints.

Here's a quick mock up of my next project Falcon from Piledriver.

Falconmockup.jpg

sounds cool, good luck with that

Movie Version Hawkeye!

I got inspired by the Ultimate Hawkeye character, and since I had the parts to work with, I went along and did it.

It's basically a mix of G.I.Joe/Regular_Comic/Ultimate_Comic. I went for Purple, since I did not liked the Red, as in the Ultimate comics when he started. (Looks more stealth this way).

I wanted to go for a Movie/realistic version. It turned out better than I expected.

What do you think?

Kick ass!!! I believe I'll have to take that idea and do it myself.

Who's head is that? Also the bow?

Movie Version Hawkeye!

What do you think?

Hi guys. It's been a while but after scrolling through about 20 pages to catch up on what I've missed, I gotta say that the customs here are really nice. I really can't wait to see that Ben Grimm when you're done with it Onyx.

Anyways, here's a custom that was done thanks to Mr. Jin Saotome. If I hadn't seen his custom first, I wouldn't have the slightest idea on how to do this. Before I saw his Marvel Universe Gambit, I was satisfied with the one Hasbro gave us. But after seeing what Mr. Saotome did, I had to borrow the recipe. So here he is. It's basically X:O Wolverine's Gambit with a coat from DC Infinite Heroes Hush and neck piece thing from DC Infinite Heroes Manhunter (and of course both coat and neck piece had to be painted to match :wink: ).

001.jpg

The original figure...

xmen-origins-gambit-300x300.jpg

Here he is next to my quicky fix astonishing Wolverine. I basically gave Wolverine the Secret Wars 2-pack Wolverine head and painted the nose a little to make it thinner.

002.jpg

Here you can see how his nose looks a little wide... (picture thanks to marvelousnews)

sw_wolverine.jpg

Here it is:

Head: Jurrasic Park TRU Exclusive Dino Trackers Hunter General

Upper/Lower Torso, Upper Legs: ROC Reactive Armor Duke

Arms: 25th Tomax and Xamot

Glasses, Lower Legs: ROC Red Fang Ninja

Bows and Arrows: DTC Zartan from Comic 3-pack