Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

PymLegacy.jpg

The Pym Legacy.

WCA1.jpg

My favorite incarnation of the West Coast Avengers

Ares-1.jpg

This is a revamp of my original Ares custom. I salvaged the head, the helmet, the chest plate, the lower arms (althought I used the base figure's hands) and the boots. The base figure is Piledriver.

Dormammu.jpg

Dormammu was made from a GI JOE base figure with gloves and boots from MU Hobgoblin. The head is from Ben 10. The shoulder piece is sculpey.

SHS Speed and Patriot

SpeedandPatriotSHS.jpg

Would it be possible to simply switch the heads of the Human Torch (Wave 1) and Mr. Fantastic (Secret Wars)?

Yes, That's what I did!

Look!

post-24277-1273543573_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the photos! I'll buy on ebay my Mr. Fantastic and customize it as you did ...

Remember:

1-Use a Negative Zone Costume Johnny Storm(That way, you don't have to paint).

2-Use a Hair drier to weaken the arms and legs of Mr. Fantastic, remove them, and place them on the Johnny Storm figure (you might want to use a little heat to mold the biceps to fit the torso... You'll see what I mean when you work on it).

3-Now you'll need a Susan Storm... and THEN you will have the Fantastic Four. ( I think someone made her already. I think I saw here in this forum...)

If you have any questions, let me know.

Would it be possible to simply switch the heads of the Human Torch (Wave 1) and Mr. Fantastic (Secret Wars)?

Yes, That's what I did!

Look!

post-24277-1273543573_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the photos! I'll buy on ebay my Mr. Fantastic and customize it as you did ...

Remember:

1-Use a Negative Zone Costume Johnny Storm(That way, you don't have to paint).

2-Use a Hair drier to weaken the arms and legs of Mr. Fantastic, remove them, and place them on the Johnny Storm figure (you might want to use a little heat to mold the biceps to fit the torso... You'll see what I mean when you work on it).

3-Now you'll need a Susan Storm... and THEN you will have the Fantastic Four. ( I think someone made her already. I think I saw here in this forum...)

If you have any questions, let me know.

Thanks for the tips! As the Invisible Woman, compulsory figure, I think Hasbro to include in a single card or Secret Wars sooner or later ... Don't you agree?

Pushyoudown- Wow! I'm inspired! First off, that is the best Ares I can recall seeing in this scale. I want it! What did you use for the non-Piledriver parts? Those West Coast Avengers look sweet together. I'm liking the Tigra, Wonderman, Pym, US Agent and Scarlet Witch customs. You obviously put a lot of work into them. Last, Dormammu is very innovative. I wouldn't have thought to combine those parts.

Thanks man.

Ares' recycled parts are all GI JOE new sculpt figs from about 5 years ago. Lower arms are from Nunchuk, the boots are from Venomious Max, the head is actually a cast head from.... one of those head cast websites.. I think it's an original head- not sure. The helmet is a modified Spytroops Joe Barrel Roll helmet. The 'mohawk' is from a Star Wars blue imperial guard helmet. The belt is actually a Star Trek belt.

West Coast Avengers was the first book I bought monthly at around the Darker than Scarlet storyline so this team holds a special place in my heart. I had also taken a pick of one of the earlier incarnations of the team (Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Wonderman, Moon Knight, Tigra and Mockingbird) but it was much to blurry to post.

so...i've started a PUCK custom and am wondering if i should just finish him with a paint job? I've , so far, not had to use paint. right now, however, 'he' is just sitting unfinished...while i contemplate on how not to paint 'him'...

his suit is already black...

I have a small chunk of a zartan "replace-a-face" in union jacks "cowel-head"(i 'cut' a similar portion of jacks face 'out')...

I've contemplated cutting a "P" out of red baloon material...glueing it to the top torso and the bottom of the "P"s tail near the waist...while leaving the middle of the "P"s tail unglued so that it can move with the articulation....

...any ideas?

W/ X-Force Wolverine and Warpath, and a coming exclusive X-Force Archangel, I've got an X-Force X-23 in the works. I'm just not pleased because like my problem w/ She-Hulk, there's really no sufficient way to make her "shorter" than the others. I'm using a Ms. Marvel as the base (already got a mask that's black and she's already mostly black as well, so that works in my favor, plus I've got a few Wolverines floating about when I get ready to do her claws. Any thoughts? I've also got a Silver Savage in the works too (the round chest piece from XMOW Deadpool's gear works great as the slave thing (blanking on the name right now)), and using a shoulder pad from an Extremis Iron Man as his left shoulder pad, and using some GIJoeROC Hawk around the arms gun holsters (w/ gun cut off) as his gear. Got a few finishing touches then some paints, should be done this weekend.

Here's a quick shot of an Iron Patriot Armory, a 5-figure set request from a good client and new friend....

Crazy Normie plays dress up:

4605286271_be0a294cf1.jpg

Started with a total base coat of silver, then used clear red and blue, followed by clear smoke to enhance some line detail. The stars came from the wal mart craft dept.

Thanks for your time!

Here's a quick shot of an Iron Patriot Armory, a 5-figure set request from a good client and new friend....

Crazy Normie plays dress up:

4605286271_be0a294cf1.jpg

Started with a total base coat of silver, then used clear red and blue, followed by clear smoke to enhance some line detail. The stars came from the wal mart craft dept.

Thanks for your time!

Those are awesome!

Here is just a lazy custom. Bought that Doc Ock Spider-Man line figure and well it sucks haha. I painted the hair where it didn't have a bow cut and had side burns. Popped the head off and put on a G.I Joe body and painted the gloves black and pouches black. I was going to go with a yellow and green color but I prefer darker colors much better.

100_3465.jpg

Once you paint the hair it's not a bad looking head at all. I put it on one of my Joe Scientist bodies and it looks awesome as well.

df.jpg