MU Customs

DarthOnyx

I'm super excited for the Silver Savage. I've been thinking of doing one.

For X-23 and height, you may want to maybe swap "boots" for her. You can take a smidge off the height and have it not be as noticeable by adding a different boot. Maybe from a ROC Scarlet?

I'm done for the most part, it's just getting the right material to stick to his board to make his shield. I've tried using belt pieces from some of my Joe parts and nothing seems to stick (I use Testor's model cement, works great and can't think of anything that it won't stick to...except SS's board). I've got to make it open enough that I can slip his hand through, but tight enough that it won't fall off. I'm also thinking of looking for a spare Cap in any way/shape/form so maybe I can use the wrist clip from his shield.

As for X-23, I just figured I'll like it or lump it and just go w/ the Ms. Marvel body as is and finish her up ASAP

EDIT: Found my camera. Here are pics I have so far of Silver Savage, minus functioning board/shield (I have not found a suitable mace for him either). Sorry if the pics are not great quality. Have only a little bit of time before work and was using my father's briefcase as a backdrop. But I did have the macro zoom on for detail, it's just...well...

DSCN1139.jpg

DSCN1142.jpg

His right hand is actually an Ultimate Cap hand cut at the wrist and glued on to his wrist, and it was actually a 99.99 perfect fit the way it was cut and the size. Painted it silver (difficult to get it to be the exact coloring of the actual Silver Surfer molding, but meh). The sword is from the ROC Wally World exclusive Ninja Showdown set. The sheath for the sword is from the Prince of Persia Warrior Dastun. I used both one on top of the other and it works great. His shoulder pad is from an Extremis Iron Man. The "belt" material is from a few ROC Hawks, and the slave circle is from XMOW Deadpool's gear. His loincloth is actually the same material I used for my Jessica Drew web wings, just dipped in maroon/burgundy paint and then glued onto the belt.

Close Up

DSCN1143.jpg

Left Arm w/ guard

DSCN1144.jpg

The arm guards were painted and designed so that while most of it is on his arm, to get the full length desired, but taking into account the way his forearm was designed, the very top part of the guard stays while the rest of his forearm moves around, so it can look weird, but at least it's functional.

Shin Guards

DSCN1146.jpg

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the ideas and support and comments on Silver Savage.

While I like the idea for the adhesive, the idea of using a clip from the IM2 movie fig launcher, while nice, is more than likely not gonna work. I want to board to have something that's going to enable him to hold it like a shield, but not going to look so out of place and cumbersome when he rides it. Not to mention, I think his arms are too skinny for it to fit properly.

You can try to pin the straps in by using a small bit of wire in each end or make your own straps from the Plastic twist ties that come with most larger action figs.

Most of them have a metal core so if you strip them with wire cutters and drill some small holes into the board they should stick. Just make sure his hand can fit through the loops.

Nice work by the way.

You can try to pin the straps in by using a small bit of wire in each end or make your own straps from the Plastic twist ties that come with most larger action figs.

Most of them have a metal core so if you strip them with wire cutters and drill some small holes into the board they should stick. Just make sure his hand can fit through the loops.

Nice work by the way.

Hmm good idea. Another option is the the clear rubberbands that hold the figures in their plastic prisons. If you drill 2 small holes, and use a pen tip or other small object to poke the ends through then place a piece of wire, or something into the loops that poke through the board to hold them on that side, and slide the rubberband over his arm it could work.

The Tony loks grrrreat!! I am glad the A-team figs are a good size.

That means the van will be the right size.

Thanks when I saw these figures today I had to get them. I loved the Ateam when I was a kid, and the Face fig just screamed at me to be made into Tony.

I want to get 2 vans. The first will just be the Ateam's, and the second I'll be modding Punisher style, and probably add a slide out missile launcher where the front rear seat is. I'm going to be mounting racks for Frank's guns in the back. Only thing is though once I get those 2 vans I'll have 3 BAs. My son wants me to turn one of them into the Knight Elf Mohawk that Mr T is always advertising from World of Warcraft.