MU Customs

DarthOnyx

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Cable is awesome. In the future instead of drawing in the details on the pouches w/ black try a tan, or brown as that will give the deffinition w/o looking likr a page from the comic Kitty looks good too, and her augmentation looks almost natural. Seriously though good job.

This is my current project my future 10'x12' workshop/ display room/ man cave (might have to try, and track down a USS Flagg as cheap as possible for my SHIELD Helicarrier put it up on a glass shelf, and voila).

015-10.jpg

So here's my take on the Iron Man 2 figure. I retooled the hips to accept GI Joe legs, specifically the GI Joe ROC accelerator suit upper legs. I also carved out the figure's original neck and replaced it with the neck from a MU extremis iron man figure. All of the rest is the original figure's parts. Finished it all off with a custom paint job and voila! Now I have a better articulated movie iron man. Please let me know what you think guys.

post-21607-1275295551_thumb.jpg

post-21607-1275295564_thumb.jpg

post-21607-1275295572_thumb.jpg

post-21607-1275295581_thumb.jpg

Sage- That is an ambitious Iron-Man. How difficult was it to add/ change those joints? How sturdy is it now? It looks good by the way. I really like the red paint you went with.

Thanks! It was a little difficult to retool the hips (just took some time to dremel out the right portions to add the metal t-bar.) The neck joint was pretty easy, I just carved out a portion of the existing neck and glued in the MU neck joint in it's place. Both are pretty sturdy and have held up to play quite well so far (my little cousin likes to play with my figures). The super glue I use is really strong, and both articulation mods were given some added support with a little sculpting done with mighty putty.

Jose- Great Cable! Your rendition of him just embodies the 90's! Rod- A USS Flagg? That thing's a monster! You know, I occasionally think of tracking down one of those, and then I realize that I've got a wedding coming up. Good luck tracking one down! Definitely take pics when you do.

Yeah I know it's 7 feet long which is fine though since my "shed" is 10x12 so it'll fit either way. I'm putting a corner workstation in the back corner that is 6 feet long from the corner on both sides so I can teach my sons how to make their own customs. I might hang the glass shelf over top of that.

The Cable is awesome. In the future instead of drawing in the details on the pouches w/ black try a tan, or brown as that will give the deffinition w/o looking likr a page from the comic Kitty looks good too, and her augmentation looks almost natural. Seriously though good job.

This is my current project my future 10'x12' workshop/ display room/ man cave (might have to try, and track down a USS Flagg as cheap as possible for my SHIELD Helicarrier put it up on a glass shelf, and voila).

015-10.jpg

that is going to be nice. I have been working on the inside of mine for about 4 years to get it the way I want it. I will post inside pictures in the next few weeks. But here is the outside.I believe it is 24ft by 24ft.

DSC00301.jpg

Ok so I have been working on making my own flight/regular stands to go with this size of figure. I have an early prototype that I wanted to post on here and get ideas on. It is made from acryllic and a clear rubber band. I sort of like the rubber band but I plan on using something else later on. The last pic is just sort of a "fun" one and proof that he is actually attached to the "stand".

post-21061-1275532287_thumb.jpg

post-21061-1275532336_thumb.jpg

post-21061-1275532357_thumb.jpg

015-10.jpg

that is going to be nice. I have been working on the inside of mine for about 4 years to get it the way I want it. I will post inside pictures in the next few weeks. But here is the outside.I believe it is 24ft by 24ft.

DSC00301.jpg

24x24? Wow that is really cool. My wife just saw your pic, and said that's what I need. Of course there's nothing to say I can't add onto it later. Mwahaha

Here are some more of my minimal painted customs.

Nick Fury, Mr Fantastic head & arms on Human Torch body with Gi Joe holster & belt.

mu001.jpg

Civilian Cyclops, Gi Joe 25th Breaker head on Movie Logan body with Joe goggles.

mu003.jpg

Civilian Colossus, Gi joe Roc Air Raid head, Thor arms on Luke Cage body.

mu002.jpg

Gi Joe style Magneto, MU Magneto head on Gi Joe Roc Destro body with Star Wars Biggs cape.

MAGNETO.jpg

Hey VTS, that's an awesome Scarlet Witch. I finished Polaris last night, but didn't think about shaving too much on the mask. Might now. Just need a decent cape material to finish. I picked up two Enchantress/Thor packs yesterday to do her and oddly enough, Scarlet Witch. Got SW's head done. But again, never thought about the shaving portion, I'm going to have to now.