MU Customs

DarthOnyx

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I commented on another board, but will here as well. Great work. You did a great on them all but Thomas is by far the best thus far.

Can you give us a better shot of the hand holding the claws?

Thanks, I replied to you over at JC but I'll post a better pic of the claw hand here later too. Thomas was a labor of love, and he goes great with the Batman I made earlier. It's my goal to do the 5 core Six members eventually. Bane and Floyd are next on my list.

Rodimus: Feel free to steal, most of them are pretty no brainer recipes. I do like to swap arms and legs though so none of them aside from Diana and J'onn are fully one MU base body.

those DC figs look amazing! I really like that robin fig, what's the recipe on that?

Narnia Edmund head

Arctic Storm Shadow torso

Shipwreck upper arms

Arctic Storm Shadow lower arms

Cobra Commander gloves

MU Spiderman waist and legs

Resolute Pilot Destro belt with Deadpool chest harness circle

Infinite Heroes Black Hand cape

Moon Knight staff

post-21334-1275244028_thumb.jpgHere is my Cable, I repainted the XMOW Collossus and scuplted the detailes.I'm just starting to use sculpt so bare with me with how it looks.Thank you for looking.

I wanted a smaller version of Kitty so i decided to make her out of Padme...but now that I made her she seems to be the size of the movie Kitty.I scuplted bigger breasts, not the best job though and her belt.

post-21334-1275243995_thumb.jpgpost-21334-1275244001_thumb.jpgpost-21334-1275244008_thumb.jpgpost-21334-1275244015_thumb.jpgpost-21334-1275244022_thumb.jpg[attachmen

t

=3779:SANY0005.JPG]

Cable looks great, but why the bigger breasts on Kitty? It makes the figure look ridiculous and isn't even accurate to the character.

hey xjose90x! youre kitty interpretation is pretty good...especially as this is a 'customs' board...I think you did a good job of making youre own kitty!

A little diferent custom here. For my sons 4th B-day I converted a Narnia Castle that I got real cheap into Castle Doom. Made up some stickers on Word pasted them on there.

Painted up some sale NEO Vipers as Doom Troopers to give Doom an army.

Front

Back

Gate Close up

Attached the Marvel Legends Dr. Doom base to the top tower.

The throne is missing (just not in the picture) but here is the throne room complete with portraits.

So he'll be getting this, the troopers, and the Doom/Absorbing Man 2 pack. As a special present from daddy. It will probably be destroyed in a day or two.

post-21334-1275244028_thumb.jpgHere is my Cable, I repainted the XMOW Collossus and scuplted the detailes.I'm just starting to use sculpt so bare with me with how it looks.Thank you for looking.

I wanted a smaller version of Kitty so i decided to make her out of Padme...but now that I made her she seems to be the size of the movie Kitty.I scuplted bigger breasts, not the best job though and her belt.

post-21334-1275243995_thumb.jpgpost-21334-1275244001_thumb.jpgpost-21334-1275244008_thumb.jpgpost-21334-1275244015_thumb.jpgpost-21334-1275244022_thumb.jpg[attachmen

t

=3779:SANY0005.JPG]

Cable looks great, but why the bigger breasts on Kitty? It makes the figure look ridiculous and isn't even accurate to the character.

hey xjose90x! youre kitty interpretation is pretty good...especially as this is a 'customs' board...I think you did a good job of making youre own kitty!

Thank you i appreciate it.

What font did you use for the D? I've been trying to find one that works so I can complete my 12 almost 13yr old's Narnia Castle into Castle Doom for him. You guys will get to meet him on here next month after his birthday because he said he wants to join here.

It's Old English I believe. I let you know later when I get home.

Massive X-Custom Update Part 1

Angel:

Used an Archangel body, a Havok head and some DCUIC Hawkman wings.

Front:

DSCN1172.jpg

Bust:

DSCN1174.jpg

Back:

DSCN1175.jpg

As you can see, I kept the hinge system from Archangel's wings so he can "flap" and angel his wings. I just couldn't do the middle hinge providing full "flapping".

I really like your X-Men customs. Good job! I'm most impressed by your ingenuity with Angel's wings. Good thinking!

The text is Old English Text MT

I can send you the document if you send me an email

talynrex@yahoo.com

Thanks I found an Old English font online, and downloaded it to my fonts yesterday after you told me what to look for. It'll really help w/ castle Doom, and when I make my sons their wall plaques w/ our family crest on them.

I had this crazy idea last night at work, and as it turns out it really works. I just need to cut the spikes off of the MLSD GR and glue them on the new figs shoulders, and paint the whole fig black. I might replace the neck too.

009-19.jpg

Massive X-Custom Update Part 1

Angel:

Used an Archangel body, a Havok head and some DCUIC Hawkman wings.

Front:

DSCN1172.jpg

Bust:

DSCN1174.jpg

Back:

DSCN1175.jpg

As you can see, I kept the hinge system from Archangel's wings so he can "flap" and angel his wings. I just couldn't do the middle hinge providing full "flapping".

I really like your X-Men customs. Good job! I'm most impressed by your ingenuity with Angel's wings. Good thinking!

Thanks. While I was in the planning stages for it, I had the idea floating on how w/ a few options. This worked out best. It was a pain getting the wings to fit decently w/o looking terribly awkward on the hinges. They do make him a little back heavy however.

talynrex@yahoo.com

Thanks I found an Old English font online, and downloaded it to my fonts yesterday after you told me what to look for. It'll really help w/ castle Doom, and when I make my sons their wall plaques w/ our family crest on them.

I had this crazy idea last night at work, and as it turns out it really works. I just need to cut the spikes off of the MLSD GR and glue them on the new figs shoulders, and paint the whole fig black. I might replace the neck too.

009-19.jpg

Something like this...

post-24277-1276912885_thumb.jpg

:laugh:

I had problems with painting the shoulders black. Kept scraping off when they moved. Had to change the arms. let me know how it works out for you.

talynrex@yahoo.com

009-19.jpg

Something like this...

I had problems with painting the shoulders black. Kept scraping off when they moved. Had to change the arms. let me know how it works out for you.

I used a king size sharpie on the joints (old TF oily joint trick), and then used a can of enamel black spray paint, and then I went over the spray paint w/ gloss black acylic. The multiplicity of the blacks gives excellent coverage, and staying power.

010-14.jpg

012-18.jpg

talynrex@yahoo.com

009-19.jpg

Something like this...

I used a king size sharpie on the joints (old TF oily joint trick), and then used a can of enamel black spray paint, and then I went over the spray paint w/ gloss black acylic. The multiplicity of the blacks gives excellent coverage, and staying power.

010-14.jpg

012-18.jpg

Awesome! :ohmy:

talynrex@yahoo.com

009-19.jpg

Something like this...

010-14.jpg

012-18.jpg

Awesome! :ohmy:

Thanks. That espeacially means allot coming from you after seeing the awesome customs you've done.

The handle bars on his bike are from the suction cup thing that came w/ the unmasked Storm Shadow I used for his body. The old handle bars that were on the bike broke off. So I had to replace them, and these looked really cool.