MU Customs

DarthOnyx

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For the pent repaint the flesh tone of his chest over it, and try an Ultra fine Sharpie.

Actually got a tip from a guy at another forum and I just bought this on Ebay to use. I think it will look really cool.

post-25364-1277775974_thumb.jpg

Also just fixed his hair. Messed up the paint in the process, but nothing a little touchup wont fix after the sculpt is dry.

DSC02183.jpg

Thanks his face was a pain to sculpt espeacially since I'm still kind of new to that aspect of customizing. I think the armor plating that I have left to do on his shoulders, and legs should go allot smoother than the face sculpting did since I'm fairly well versed in making armor plates w/ .01 sheet styrene.

When you sculpt a face, do you start with a big glob of material and take away from it to create the face or do you build up bits at a time. My sculpting experience is limited to more traditional stuff, but I did find when sculpting a face it is best to go slow and add instead of take away.

For a character like BRB, I would start with a ball for themain part of head and get that shaped right, then, after that build the upper jaw to completion and then the lower. This way, you can have the gap in between top and bottom like in the comics without having to carve it out.

Thanks his face was a pain to sculpt espeacially since I'm still kind of new to that aspect of customizing. I think the armor plating that I have left to do on his shoulders, and legs should go allot smoother than the face sculpting did since I'm fairly well versed in making armor plates w/ .01 sheet styrene.

When you sculpt a face, do you start with a big glob of material and take away from it to create the face or do you build up bits at a time. My sculpting experience is limited to more traditional stuff, but I did find when sculpting a face it is best to go slow and add instead of take away.

For a character like BRB, I would start with a ball for themain part of head and get that shaped right, then, after that build the upper jaw to completion and then the lower. This way, you can have the gap in between top and bottom like in the comics without having to carve it out.

Yeah I kind of just took the Milliput, and tried to sculpt it into BRB's face on the Thor head, and I think it turned out pretty well. Though the way you described your way sounds like it might have been easier. I'll try that when I work on my totally scratch Wolverine that I'm planning. He'll have retractible claws, more articulation than most of the MU figs, and he'll look more stocky like this:

Wolverine42-019.jpg

I don't have a ton of sculpting experience, but in anything, if you break it down to the smallest possible steps, then the project becomes much easier. Also, if you are using something that has a somewhat quick drying time, then you don't have to sit and sculpt until done just because if you don't you will have to restart. Besides, when you break something up you can start and stop if you just aren't feeling one day.

I'm not 100% happy with the cape, the sharpie bled on the material leaving the lines all messy looking. If I could find a cheap toybiz Banshee I would swap it out.

And I still need to sculpt a different hair style on him to make him look more like the classic version.

Cant wait to see yours Rodimus.

eBay has a bunch of the Legends Banshee, but you will have to cut it down.

I'm not 100% happy with the cape, the sharpie bled on the material leaving the lines all messy looking. If I could find a cheap toybiz Banshee I would swap it out.

And I still need to sculpt a different hair style on him to make him look more like the classic version.

With news that Banshee has just been confirmed in X-men 1st class, I suspect we'll see a comic version of the character sooner or later. So I'll probably end up replacing him at some point anyway. See Goldbug, my curse strikes yet again. :P

I do my sculpt in small steps. It allows more control and room to improve.

a onyx did you ever finish the apocalypse you were making ?

I can answer that one. No. His daughter has taken up ALL of his time. She has this knack for knowing when he is (1) online, (2) on the phone, (3) thinking about toys. And if he does any of the 3 she makes it known she is priority 1! But she is cute, so it understandable that daddy is wrapped around her fingers.

I do my sculpt in small steps. It allows more control and room to improve.

a onyx did you ever finish the apocalypse you were making ?

I can answer that one. No. His daughter has taken up ALL of his time. She has this knack for knowing when he is (1) online, (2) on the phone, (3) thinking about toys. And if he does any of the 3 she makes it known she is priority 1! But she is cute, so it understandable that daddy is wrapped around her fingers.

What he said. If you read further up though, I have restarted on him.

With news that Banshee has just been confirmed in X-men 1st class, I suspect we'll see a comic version of the character sooner or later. So I'll probably end up replacing him at some point anyway. See Goldbug, my curse strikes yet again. :P

so...you're saying that whatever character you make, usually gets made(by hasbro?) soon after?

...would you please make a she-hulk, emma frost, tigra, titania, apocalypse, strong guy, hercules, hela, +...

so...you're saying that whatever character you make, usually gets made(by hasbro?) soon after?

...would you please make a she-hulk, emma frost, tigra, titania, apocalypse, strong guy, hercules, hela, +...

Already made Emma Frost, and Tigra, (check a page or two back in this thread for pix of them in my customs) just waiting on the announcement of those two in upcoming waves. Especially Emma since she was just announced as being cast today.

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.reuter...unch-reuters?nc

Dude both of those look awesome!!!

What head did you use for Juggernaut? It looks like a shrunk down version of the Series 6 version I have.

What head is Goblin Queen?

Both of them are excellent!

The Juggy head is indeed a shrunken ML head that I painted.

Goblin Queen uses a MLS Invisable woman head with hair from a Winx club figure.

Thanks for the complements. :)