MU Customs

DarthOnyx

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks you guys! I was worried that I'd have a hard time finishing it after cutting the tip of my thumb off but I sucked t up and took one for the team! LOL

Onyx, my respect towards you has just went over to a new level.

That Predator figure, with or without mask, is AWESOME!

You are a true artist!

(BTW: too bad about your thumb. But then again, a Predator figure can't be complete without a little... blood.. )

LOL! Just kidding! Hope you get better! :smile:

Onyx- Sorry about your thumb. Your Predator's quite impressive.

---

So here's a custom of a guy I doubt we'll see in plastic anytime soon.

Doctor Nemesis- in his snarky, nazi-killing goodness.

4819212713_57f2c7dfc5.jpg

4819834192_2ed0d32fcd.jpg

4819212513_5e32eecb61.jpg

I dont know Dr. Nemesis, but he looks good. But WOW that Forge custom is AWESOME! and really steals the show here.

That's a perfect Dr. Nemesis. He's the guy who helped to fabricate the original, android Human Torch--recently they've brought him into X-men continuity and he has become one of the more engaging add-ons to the team--full of withering sarcasm and basically taking over all the stuff that Beast used to do now that Beast is defecting to the Secret Avengers.

Does the hat come from an Indiana Jones figure?

Onyx- Sorry about your thumb. Your Predator's quite impressive.

---

So here's a custom of a guy I doubt we'll see in plastic anytime soon.

Doctor Nemesis- in his snarky, nazi-killing goodness.

4819212713_57f2c7dfc5.jpg

4819834192_2ed0d32fcd.jpg

4819212513_5e32eecb61.jpg

I dont know Dr. Nemesis, but he looks good. But WOW that Forge custom is AWESOME! and really steals the show here.

Thanks man- I'm glad you like Forge. I'm a fan of your work on here, so your appreciation is definitely noted. I posted him a month or two ago. I took a lot of liberties with his look and just had fun making the guy as I saw fit.

That's a perfect Dr. Nemesis. He's the guy who helped to fabricate the original, android Human Torch--recently they've brought him into X-men continuity and he has become one of the more engaging add-ons to the team--full of withering sarcasm and basically taking over all the stuff that Beast used to do now that Beast is defecting to the Secret Avengers.

Does the hat come from an Indiana Jones figure?

Yep, that is an Indy hat. I was happy to find a use for it after getting a few too many of those guys on clearance. I was really surprised by how much history this guy has in the Marvel Universe- he's been a bad guy and a good guy, and, like you said, he's been in comics(off and on) since the 1940's. That's impressive for a guy I didn't hear about until a couple of years ago.

Hi Gang. It's been a while since I posted anything, but I finally finished some stuff, so here are the pics. First, one I'd had in the works for a long time:

Scarlet Spider

ScarletSpider01.jpg

ScarletSpider02.jpg

ScarletSpider03.jpg

ScarletSpider04.jpg

This is one of the few times when having a mixture of Showdown and MU in my collection has not worked out well. But, until Hasbro makes a Spider-man that I like better, this is how it is.

Recipe:

Head- MU Black Costume Spider-Man

Body- MU Klaw

Right forearm- ML Showdown Black Costume Spidey

Hood- G.I.Joe 25th Arctic Snake-Eyes

Webshooters- Toy Biz MC2 Spider-Girl

Belt- MU Punisher with cut styrene

Ankle straps- MU Union Jack

Ankle pouches- DC Infinite Heroes Hawkman belt

This is just a quick tweak:

Nightcrawler01-1.jpg

I didn't like the blue wash on Secret Wars Nightcrawler, so I painted over it. I also re-painted his head and tail to be a darker blue.

That's all for now, but I have more to come.

043.jpg

053.jpg

058.jpg

061.jpg

Let's see...she began life as Storm. I sculpted her jacket sleeves. The head was from RoC Scarlett, the hair from a DCU figure, but slightly resculpted in spots. The bandana tail was from Capt. Boomerang. The knee pads were also sculpted, and the X Symbol is a metal button painted.

The green is Dark green pearl over silver, the yellow was insignia yellow. Two browns were used for the coat. A coat of pledge future was used to give that ultra shine and to really protect any joints.

Thanks for your time!

They all look really good. Especially for your first attempts. Don't worry about how blurry your first pics are. It takes a little time to get to where you can get the pics just right. Next time use the Macro setting (the flower) this will focus the camera more on a small detailed image (I think that's how it works any way). On ppl you want to use matte, flat, or satin finish paints not gloss like you used on Forge (unless it is leather, or vinyl).

Hi everybody. Thanks for the kind words about my Scarlet Spider. It took a long time to work up the nerve to try painting that chest insignia.

Here's another one that I had planned for a long time, but only just recently got the parts for- Paste Pot Pete, aka The Trapster:

th_Trapster01.jpg

th_Trapster03.jpg

th_Trapster02.jpg

Recipe:

Head- MU SW Klaw

Body & feet- MU Blade

Lower arms and legs- IM2 Crimson Dynamo

Harness- GIJoe 25th Cobra Trooper, with bullets from Roadblock glued on

Propellant tanks- GIJoe 25th Zartan swamp skier engines

I painted the body dark blue, then went over it with a purple pearlescent coat. The gold parts were originally painted yellow (which I hated doing), then again in gold, and finally with a thin black wash to give them that burnished look.

Here are some more small tweaks:

th_MsMarvel.jpg

I ususally think that crime-fighting in high heels is wildly impractical, but if anyone should do it, it's Carol. I swapped the feet with a ROC Baroness. This pose sort of reminds me of Beyonce's "Single Ladies" video...

th_SpiderWoman.jpg

As with Nightcrawler, I hated the blue wash on Spider-Woman, so I repainted it all white. Looks much better, I think.

More to come.

They all look really good. Especially for your first attempts. Don't worry about how blurry your first pics are. It takes a little time to get to where you can get the pics just right. Next time use the Macro setting (the flower) this will focus the camera more on a small detailed image (I think that's how it works any way). On ppl you want to use matte, flat, or satin finish paints not gloss like you used on Forge (unless it is leather, or vinyl).

Thanks for the kind words and advice. I need to do some touchups and redo Quicksilver's lightning bolt. Any advice for taping off lines on the figure? I can not find the right tape to use.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the kind words and advice. I need to do some touchups and redo Quicksilver's lightning bolt. Any advice for taping off lines on the figure? I can not find the right tape to use.

Thanks again.

cut the 'symbol' shape out of the masking? tape.?

throw away masking tape symbol and apply 'border' to figure carefully...?

that sound alright?

ive never done it...

Thanks again.

cut the 'symbol' shape out of the masking? tape.?

throw away masking tape symbol and apply 'border' to figure carefully...?

that sound alright?

ive never done it...

I did that w/ my BT Rodimus custom for the flame on the hood, and cap, as well as the 2 tone. Only thing is use the blue painters tape instead of masking tape since the masking tape will stick more permanently than the blue tape (so you won't have to touch up around it).