MU Customs

DarthOnyx

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I cannot wait for this guy to be sitting on my self with the XOW that i modded (now has better hips and proper height). Now I need to find some more of those older X-Men figures and/or create some.

Onyx... Your next mission if you decide to accept it is...(like we talked about yesterday) This figure again, but in a more X-Force color scheme (black with Red instead of Red with Yellow).

I like the figure you did up for Ron, but not sure what his function is other than a figure for one of those games (Gears of Wars or Fallout).

This message will do nothing in 30 seconds.... that is all

Ron just sees parts and wants to throw them together. He has no preconcieved concepts of background stories or anythng. This is just a guy he wanted made for a ML Hulkbuster he wants me to do for him. A waste of skills n my opinion, but, he paid for it so...

Yeah, you get the Colossus and I'll try it. Just make it all good!

I was thinking that an Alien hive was much like an ant colony. An ant colony has those little bitty ants but also those big headed sentry ones. So I figure that when an Alien colony reaches a certain size, like 5000 or so the queen starts producing these big Sentry Guard aliens to keep everything in line. Anyway...this is just the base coat. I'm gonna trick him out with the paint job.

45619_425849149468_541634468_4673223_3910912_n.jpg

41219_425848844468_541634468_4673216_902109_n.jpg

40097_425848919468_541634468_4673219_6290771_n.jpg

Hey everybody. Here's a new custom and a couple more simple tweaks. The first one is a simple, common recipe, but I thought I'd take a swing at it.

Forge:

Forge01.jpg

Forge02.jpg

The body is the X-Men uniform Wolverine, with right thigh and hand from Ultron. The head is a Star Wars Bail Organa, with a piece of cut plastic for the headband. The knot and straps came from an ML Elektra. The chest strap is from a G.I.Joe Duke figure witha bit of extra kibble I cut off of a Playmates Star Trek Captain Kirk belt. The big gun is from a G.I.Joe: ROC Cobra Commander. The other gun (closest thing I could find to Forge's mutant power negating pistol) is from a B:TAS Talia.

Here are few more small tweaks:

AbsorbingTBallTweak.jpg

I didn't like the fixed chains that came with Absorbing Man and Thunderball, so I worked these alteration. Absorbing Man's is a piece of small chain I found attached to a handle from the weapon of a Dollar Store medieval figure I had lying around. The ball is the accessory from an old Toy Boz Loki painted silver. For Thuderball, I took the nunchuks that came with a Toy Biz 5" Shang-Chi (I had bought a bunch as fodder back in the day) and took the chains off three of them. I kept one attached to the handle, and attached the other end to Thunderball's ball.

ReedComp.jpg

I didn't like the Mr. Fantastic that came with Ultron, so I swapped the head onto an old Showdown Mr. Fantastic. Now my Fantastic Four all match.

ReedNSue-1.jpg

That's it for now. More to come.

While I was on my vacation, I managed to do my Astonishing X-Men Wolverine custom. No carving or dremeling needed. Just a little plastic putty, super glue, and the appropriate colors, and presto: an MU style Astonishing X-Men Wolverine.

As a base, I used the Target two pack Wolverine and put on the Secret Wars Wolverine head. Took off the shoulder pads, filled in the holes there, and molded the hardened part of his much shorter shoulder pads...if you can even call them that since they don't really cover his shoulders, molded on the "straps" on his gloves and the back of his boots, and as well as adding the raised toes and padded heel area of his boots as well. I kept the boots in their original because A:) didn't have my dremel with me; B:) felt it got the same kind of effect. May fix it up at a later date now that I'm home. The two pack Wolverine allowed me to paint around the tiger stripes on his costume in the blue, and then go over them in the yellow, thus saving me the hassle of having to try and do it free hand (I highly suggest this route, it produces a much more desirable effect). For his belt buckle, I had a spare XMOW Wolverine (the first one I had that my dog got) and I cut around his belt to get this piece, dremeled it before I left to thin it out, and then glued it on.

Front, Side and Back views. Sorry for the lighting, my grandparents place isn't the best lighting option despite my camera's compensation abilities.

DSCN1219.jpg

DSCN1220.jpg

DSCN1221.jpg

Crouching:

DSCN1218.jpg

More stuff w/ Astonishing X-Men Wolverine

With the X-Men (have plans for a new Astonishing style Cyclops using the Dark Phoenix/Cyc two pack Cyclops:

DSCN1217.jpg

Kitty Pryde is phasing. I stuck her between the couch and the table and it was a perfect fit, with Lockheed on her shoulder (tail behind her neck, under her hair). Used whatever I could to get Nightcrawler, Iceman and Angel kind of "above" the rest

Fighting Daken:

DSCN1230.jpg

Powerman- Yay for Strong Guy! :D I like him. I'm working on one of my own- I just have to adjust the torso I chose to the arms I'm using and maybe find a better head. Maybe I should just post it and see what you guys think about the head?

TF Joe- I'm a huge fan of this look for Wolverine, and I think your figure definitely does it justice. Be proud!

TF Joe- I'm a huge fan of this look for Wolverine, and I think your figure definitely does it justice. Be proud!

Thanks. I'm quite pleased w/ how it turned out. Since it debuted this has been my absolute Wolverine Costume. X-Force coming in a close second (I've been actually thinking of redoing his horns to be more like the X-Force comic than the short horns he was given). I have the plans in the works for my Astonishing MU style Cyclops. Just need an extra set of Daredevil style legs, and to get an extra Pile Driver and Hawkeye set (both will serve functions essential to customs I have planned.

Thanks. I'm quite pleased w/ how it turned out. Since it debuted this has been my absolute Wolverine Costume. X-Force coming in a close second (I've been actually thinking of redoing his horns to be more like the X-Force comic than the short horns he was given). I have the plans in the works for my Astonishing MU style Cyclops. Just need an extra set of Daredevil style legs, and to get an extra Pile Driver and Hawkeye set (both will serve functions essential to customs I have planned.

I hear ya! I'm looking forward to seeing how your Cyclops comes out. I'm totally mixed on the XOW one that I have.