MU Customs

DarthOnyx

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's the official Marvel Height Scale.

http://marvel.wikia.com/Height_Scale

I know I am not the biggest proponent of scale. But looking at this chart..... I am not a fan. I know some of this info comes from Marvel themselves but there seem to be too many innacuracies.

Wolfsbane is 12 ft tall in Lupine form....wtf!! I have NEVER seen her drawn this big. Even the 8 ft "transitory state" is a strech. Both Hulk and Red Hulk at 7 ft...BAH!!! if you have read any of the most recent Hulk books they both easily clock in at 10 ft.

Just feel like ranting. I know there are scale purists out there but it seems that depending on the creative team the sizes of the superheroes change. Realativly they are proportionate..unless Liefield is drawing them... to one another, so that is all I look for in my action figs. Please take this as I mean it with a grain of salt.

According to the Hulk Encyclopedia,(yes, I have it),

60's & 70's Hulk -8ft

T.V. Hulk - 7ft

80's & 90's - 10ft

Modern - 10 ft

1st Movie - 15ft

I really don't know what they base theirs off of but, as you said, there are some discrepancies which I had not notices prior to my post. Ultimately, it is all the opinion & interpretation of the individual or artist.

I would take that scale chart that is on Marvel with a grain of salt.

Last time I checked they listed Blob at 5'11 haha. My Marvel Encyclopedia says he is 8 foot tall. Because of his second mutation he become alot larger then he previously was depicted in his early appearances.

The Incredible Hulk movie got it right with Hulk being 10 foot in my opinion. He's been drawn that way for years and sometimes larger. Now granted some artist depicted him smaller.

Did I count those right? 22 customs submitted at 1 time? Wow! I think my favorite out of this batch is your Prowler. Man, I haven't thought of that guy in years!

Thanks, started out trying to make him out of one of the many Spidermen until I got an extra Black Panther with the Target 2-pack. Then it was just an easy re-paint.

I prefer my Punisher to come long-coated and loaded with dangerous goodies, so that's how I made him. I'm a sucker for wearable accesories on a figure, and this guy's got a couple, including a gun that fits in a belt holster and a larger gun that snaps securely onto a peg on the inside of his coat.

Arms- Black Panther

Coat- Blade toy series Deacon Frost

Hands- Resolute Pilot Destro

Belt- Star Wars Joker Squad Storm Trooper4925371377_70f015a094.jpg

4925965312_4853eb1506.jpg

4925965730_bb0907f089.jpg

So... I'm a big X Factor and Strong Guy fan. Big surprise right? Well, after seeing a couple of others post their versions of guido, I decided to stop putting it off and just finish the darn figure. He's a bit ridiculous, but I kinda like that about him. This guy took a lot of trial and error to put together. What do you think?

Recipe-

Head- bald joker squad guy with Henry Jones glasses

Torso- Legends Logan (Days of Future Past version)

Arms- He-Man (2002 series)

Hands- Remy (SOTA Street Fighter)

Legs- Hellboy

I had to dremel the torso the armpits of the torso to get the arms to fit, and replace the neck peg with a neck ball (which I dremelled, nailed, and glued into place) for the head. He's been totally repainted, and although it doesn't show up well in pics, he's wearing a dark purple (not black) shirt. His head kinda reminds me of Vin Diesel's character from Pitch Black.

4933139359_28f886ffbb.jpg

4933733156_318581b1bd.jpg

4933734036_0a43177db9.jpg

4933139479_e8cbc2cd11.jpg

Whadya think?

4684463365_cc561a29ed.jpg

4684463629_01b4243258.jpg

4684463739_562b5fc2f1.jpg

4685097036_7bd82bb2d1.jpg

Well, ol' Doc Ock here started out life as a ROC Cobra Commander. He received a new head, and the Ock arms came from a Spidey figure. The legs are from City Strike Snake Eyes.

Thanks for your time!

WOW that doc ock is awesome ! very factory clean & just flat out gr8!

I would buy that dock ock in a heartbeat over any of the other crappy 3.75" versions we have seen.

Looks Great!!

Awesome Guido,...Guido!

WAY COOL... DAMN THAT LOOKS REALLY FREAKIN COOL

MIGHT STEAL YOUR RECIPE..LOL

Thanks a lot for the motivational comments guys. Some of the stuff I've seen you put out has definitely been helpful to me in this hobby. Powerman- your Strong Guy helped push me to finish this one. :) I'd love to see your spin on my recipe. Another good (maybe even better) head choice would be Absorbing Man, btw.