MU Customs

DarthOnyx

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Chazwinski: Thanks bro! Just followed rateeg's tutorial, it'll take a few tries, but it's not impossible to do :) and yeah bro, but I might do a black green on Nick's pants to give it a little color variation.

@Guido: Thanks! i've been doing mostly gunpla prior to being hooked on MU's so i've got a bit of experience :D, about the heads, I got them from 2 diffeent Mace windu versions, had to modify the one on the right some more as it is the classic swivel head type and not the one that you can simply pop off.

@Crowncoke: I'll try to find a Joe with longer legs, or maybe try a leg swap, you have any suggestions on what to use?

@Onyx: WOW! That is one sweet Arnold aka Dutch there! you sculpted the head? that's great!but IMO the likeness of the one before modification is nearer to Arnold than the one after..

how i'd like to get my hands on those! I guess if you give him a leather jacket he'd instantly be a terminator :D

Amuro - you might want to look into the paris pursuit snake eyes from the ROC line for the upper legs and maybe beach head or firefly 25th style for the lower legs. That would give you the height and the military look (I've seen it used once or twice on a fury custom).

Onyx - dude, those are awesome! I'm jealous though, I always wanted a 25th quick kick and could never find the pack he came in and I haven't gotten around to shelling out the money to get a loose one off of ebay. I don't know what it is, but the 25th quick kick mold is just cool to me lol.

I have some custom fodder I"m not sure what to do with.

I have an extra XMO Tiger Stripe Wolverine

Green Goblin

Green Hulk

Ronin

Mr. Fantastic body

Johnny Storm Head

Silver/Red Iron Man

From all of that I have no idea...

Do you sculpt at all?

I am using my extra Green Goblin for a base for Triton from the Inhumans. I'm cutting off the gloves and boots. I'm sanding down some of the torso details (the stitch and ragged edges on the shoulders). I'd sand down the hair/flame on Johnny Storm head and sculpt a fin and pointy ears. You could use the gloves and boots from Ronin to give him a more "royal" look.

Well I had plans to do a quick green/black run on my extra Ronin.

I don't know how to sculpt or paint either so it's just like well...

My extra hulk I was going to outfit with armour to be the Green Scar but since we have that one coming out anyways it's useless now.

I guess I'll practice some and then get into something cool like turning my extra GG into Demogoblin or something.

Thanks for the suggestions though.

Also, if anyone has a blue/black and blue/white torch bodies and an extra Reed Richards heads let me know :)

I had a blue/black one but the arm broke off. So I need a new one.

Even though these are not Marvel characters, Marvel parts were used to make them. Therefore I think it's justified to post them. Plus we all really dig them.

I'm still working on the vest.

003-74.jpg

002-97.jpg

Group shot:

001-110.jpg

"You ah one ugly Mutha...."

007-30.jpg

Looks great now all you need is a POC Recondo to get Jessie Ventura's Goddamn sexual Tyrannosaurus.

Onyx: Can't wait til you assemble the whole team!

Doctor Avidan: I say you try your hand at a little resculpting, that Green Hulk is a perfect base for Strong Guy, Abomination or even A Bomb. :D

Now fo a lil' update...

Since most people preferred the "smaller" Nick Fury, I already decided that he will be the Nick Fury in my collection. I've decided to do something about the height problem, I was able to acquire a 25th Breaker from a friend, and I noticed that the legs if the 25th breaker is longer than the legs of the ROC Breaker, I decided to make a swap to see how it looks, and I think it fits well. However he still isn't tall enough, that's when I noticed that the ROC Breaker's shoes is taller then the 25th's, so I dunked them in hot water, popped of the shoes and exchanged them. This made Nick Fury, as tall as the Secret wars Captain America,and since Cap and Nick both clock in at 6'2", I just though that it was just perfect!

To complete the look I transferred 25th Breaker's web gear, and I must say, it completed the look!

All was left was to paint his pants to unify the color, I chose Black Green for the color in order to break the monotone black.

Here he is now compared with Bucky Cap and the other Nick Fury using Blade's Torso...

DSC00269.jpg

DSC00270.jpg

see the height improvement?

Compared with Bucky Cap...

DSC00271.jpg

Compared with the other version...

DSC00272.jpg

Close up!

DSC00273.jpg

Your inputs are appreciated! Thanks for looking!

Was going through my Star Wars figures and noticed that Jango Fett's head resembles Tony Stark from how he's been looking in the comics lately. Tired of waiting for a Tony Stark head so I figured why not. I'm still waiting to get the 6 inch Tony Stark Mark IV and the 3.75 Tony Stark but I doubt we'll see a comic version anytime soon.

100_4489-1.jpg

100_4501.jpg

100_4492.jpg

100_4507.jpg

Like the Arnold figure Oynx. That is one of my favorite Arnold Characters besides, Conan and Terminator. Little Trivia for Dutch. His first name is Alan haha. Which is my name, which makes him even more awesome haha.

Was going through my Star Wars figures and noticed that Jango Fett's head resembles Tony Stark from how he's been looking in the comics lately. Tired of waiting for a Tony Stark head so I figured why not. I'm still waiting to get the 6 inch Tony Stark Mark IV and the 3.75 Tony Stark but I doubt we'll see a comic version anytime soon.

100_4489-1.jpg

100_4501.jpg

100_4492.jpg

Like the Arnold figure Oynx. That is one of my favorite Arnold Characters besides, Conan and Terminator. Little Trivia for Dutch. His first name is Alan haha. Which is my name, which makes him even more awesome haha.

WHERE IS THAT SUIT FROM ?