MU Customs

DarthOnyx

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

a quick custom i made just for my collection after i saw jimsatone did one it made me actually stop being lazzy and make it

its a pumpkin head from a night mare b4 xmas figure and i drilled it so it can have a ball jointed head and sculpted a scarf and added his weapon belt

i have to still make his glider/bouncer but im happy with it as of now .

post-25765-1284338313_thumb.jpg

Not really a custom, but more like a touch up on Hawkeye (mostly in prep for my upcoming Heroic Age Hawkeye once I get my spare Dark Hawkeye body).

I added a bowstring to Hawkeye's bow, and a handguard/blade to his bow. I'm gonna add a scope when I pick up a POC Duke who comes w/ a flashlight, and then kinda sand down to an angle to make the bow look a little more lethal so it's usable as an offensive/defensive weapon beyond it's initial function.

Here ya go guys. Hawkeye's aiming at ya:

DSCN1374.jpg

Side view for a better look:

DSCN1373.jpg

For the string, I took the weapon from the wave 2 POC Snake Eyes that's a handle w/ a string and the other end is a swinging mini-sickle (blanking on the name right now). Cut the string and burned to prevent fraying as needed so it won't be immensely slack, but slack enough to "pull back". For the blades, I used the claw weapon from ROC Storm Shadow.

And I also noticed for anyone interested in trying this, the arrow has a notch in the back that's a perfect shape and match in size for the string. Makes me think that a string might have been possibly intended feature that was ultimately dropped.

a quick custom i made just for my collection after i saw jimsatone did one it made me actually stop being lazzy and make it

its a pumpkin head from a night mare b4 xmas figure and i drilled it so it can have a ball jointed head and sculpted a scarf and added his weapon belt

Nice work. I've wanted to do a Jack O' Lantern fig for a while. This may inspire me to get cracking.

Nice work. I've wanted to do a Jack O' Lantern fig for a while. This may inspire me to get cracking.

do it its quick and fun im jsut trying to see what im gona use for a glider

Joe, good job on the tweaks for Hawkeye. I really do think that the bows without the string are a weak feature from Hasbro. Nice improvements.

Thanks. And I agree. I understand only minimally why they may think it wouldn't work, but if they could make it work for their 8" G.I. Joe Sigma 6 Spirit Iron-Knife, they could easily do it on the 3.75" scale. This really wasn't hard. Just make the string long enough to do what I did (pull back, but not look terribly slack when not in use).

Actually found a Duke today. Have yet to crack him open. Gonna carve a groove for the scope and then grind and sharpen the top and bottom to give it a thinner "bladed" look. Then Hawkeye will have a sword/bow combo.

I'm not a big DC fan other than a few main characters. I had always wanted a good 1:18 scale Superman, but not when I'm 80 so I decided to make one. Everything s hand painted. I'm still searching for a perfect head and I should get one soon. Here is my parts list:

Body - MU Piledriver

Upper legs, hands, and cape - MU Classic Thor ( already blue so no pant rub)

Lower legs - MU Bulldozer

001-114.jpg

003-78.jpg

004-64.jpg