MU Customs

DarthOnyx

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey guys. Currently working on Astonishing Wolverine Version 2.1 (Version 1.0 is the XMOW one, while my custom is Version 2.0). Version 2.1 is 2.0 just with some additions. Working on making his shoulder pads smoother and a little more evident, gave him his seams on his torso and legs, and got some closed fists (one from a Black Spidey (right fist) and one from the Cyclops (left fist) I got in my second Dark Phoenix pack) and glued on some claws from a spare MU style Wolverine I had. Now he has claws with closed fists.

Just as I was working on some this morning, I ran out of putty. Gonna run out later and get some more today. So hopefully before the week is up Version 2.1 will be done.

hey onyx.... whats up with wendigo ?

What do you mean? Wendigo? The 1 I had started? Oh scrapped that idea. The base was all wrong and that was when I was using that cheap-ass Walmart sculpt stuff. He's still in the back of my head though and I should be making another in the next year or so.

Yes Riddick, the head was Wink. I fixed the left eye and basically cut t n half and put venom's lower half on it. Then sculpted around it all.

Looks good Joe

Thanks for the comments guys. I was actually concerned about how well the seams would turn up in the photo vs looking at it personally. I am quite pleased with how the picture turned out.

I was debating on whether or not to do it on is head since it seems about 50/50 where he was presented with a seam on his mask. I opted not to considering the head and it might have made it look a little awkward since on the legs and torso it can blend in a little better and the legs/torso/arms of these characters can always have something or other that's not blended in and not look so weird. The only exception really is hair. I'd love to find a way to do some hair on his arms by flicking black paint, but I'm afraid that it'd splatter on the body as well. Even if I covered it, I'm sure it'd still wind up there, and it wouldn't look as thin as I'd like and wind up looking more like monster hairs. I'm debating this constantly and different ways to go about it. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Usually once I'm done, I'm done. But with a figure with so much potential to make him as awesome as possible, there's always little tweaks I could do to make him that much better.

All in all though, I'm quite pleased with how he's turned out (so far).