MU Customs

DarthOnyx

Figured out how to give Wolverine the hair on his arms.

I took my X-acto knife and just made small scores on his arms. Then I put black paint and then smeared it off leaving it in the scores.

DSCN1383.jpg

I also did my Mystique from her solo espionage series

DSCN1384.jpg

Mystique trying to get Wolverine's attention

DSCN1385.jpg

God. I need a better camera. My macro zoom feature sucks a$$.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay, I am way, WAY overdue in taking photos of these, so this is gonna be a long one.

SheHulk.jpg

Had a Black Cat from the fairly recent 5+ inch Spider-man line, so I repainted her to be my 4 in. scale She-Hulk. She's a little taller than her cousin, which is a little awkward, but nowhere near as buff. I think it came out alright, considering I was just making good use of an extra figure laying around that I would have otherwise chucked.

Leader.jpg

In sort of the same vein, I took a dumb-looking Star Wars figure and painted him like the Leader. His articulation blows, but the Leader just sort of plans and schemes in the background anyway. His Gamma soldiers do all the fun stuff.

Viper.jpg

I think I'm like the umpteenth person to Viper-ize the Baroness, so nothing special here. At least my Hydra soldiers have a leader now, though.

Spitfire.jpg

Again, nothing particularly shocking or original. Take a Firestar, throw on a Supergirl cape and some paint and you get Spitfire. Here she is in action with the Invaders:

Invaders.jpg

Now here are my latest additions to the Spider-man line, starting with a modified Doc Ock:

DocOck2.jpg

With him, I Obviously used the Showdown Ock, snipped his impotent arms, and glued on arms from a Doctor Octopus bendy toy that was attached to a spinning battlemat vs. Spider-man. Found that at a thrift store for a quarter. It is so much more awesome to have an Octavius who can actually stand on his mechanical limbs and wrap them around things.

Vulturion.jpg

This is the first of my Vulturions, of which I plan to make all 4. Not sure which one this will end up being yet, but I really made him primarily as a trial run before doing this guy:

Vulture.jpg

Vulture2.jpg

Adrian Toomes is made from the longer-winged Legends Falcon, an Amazing Friends Iceman (which I had extra from the Spitfire custom) and a bald head I found on a generic toy from a thrift store. That's just some cotton glued around his neck. The cotton looks pretty good, I think, so I will probably use it for Black Cat, as soon as I get another extra female base. Here's the entire Sinister Six together:

Sinister6.jpg

I still want to go back and make a Sandman out of either Absorbing Man or Luke Cage, like others have done, but for now I'm using the bigger movie version. Priorities.

Anyway, after I did Vulture (and was very satisfied with the results) I got a little bit ambitious and decided to do something I said I wouldn't ever have the patience to do.

THE LIZARD!!!

Lizard2.jpg

Lizard1.jpg

I used the extra Spider-man from the Amazing Friends 3-pack, cut the head off a D&D miniatures alligator, and glued it to a rubber lizard toy for the very flexible tail. The claws I clipped from yet another D&D miniatures figure (Ethereal Filcher) and they are completely articulated. The head moves a little, but the jaws do not open or close, unfortunately. I would have preferred to go more Ditko in the look of the character, but this more McFarlane-esque version was just a whole lot simpler to do, once I solved the riddle of the head to use. It took me two days to decide what to do about the coat, and in the end I stitched/glued together what you see in the picture, so it is removable. I usually prefer plastic, molded coats, but I hate sleeved toys with vests. If the vest ever breaks or tears, then you have these dumb, molded sleeves on a jacketless toy. I still don't like the cloth overcoat, but I am looking for a Polly Pocket doctor or something I can swipe the coat from and replace it with. It works for now, though.

I am about 80% through with Killer Shrike, as well, made from a XMOW yellow-stripe Wolvie, but I still need to find something suitable for the cape/wings. I want flexible black latex, but I can't seem to find anything lying around the house that will work. I need an old Batman mask or something. If only I was more into S&M...

Oh, and here's another of Dock Ock that I couldn't post because I had already done too many previously:

DocOck1.jpg

Hi everyone! I am new to the forum and have been collect MU for only about 3 months now. Before that I collected various japanese figures, Marvel Legends and was big on model kits. I have recently blended the two into customizing MU figures. I just sold my DSLR and Im in the process of getting a new one. Until then I wanted to share a sample of my work but I promise more pics will be up.

Here is a quick phone pic of my MU Scarlet Spider.

5034695718_f19e27bcbb.jpg

@ronnieramone: Kick A$$ customs bro, I especially like what you did with doc ock, vulture and the lizard! and that sinister 6, Awesome! I see you have mysterio too! could you share the recipe?

@Legend: Nice scarlet spider! more pics please.

@Tiger: Great Idea using roc scarlet as a base body, what did you use for her head? I agree with ballisticbudha though, she really needs some green so she can be more identifiable as rogue :D

Fanstastic work guys!

I was thinking of what to do with my spare blade, after I took his coat to make my custom Nick fury, until it hit me that I still am lacking any of the punishers, so I got an idea and did this...

DSC00368.jpg

DSC00367.jpg

DSC00366.jpg

DSC00365.jpg

DSC00364.jpg

Decided to print the decal for punisher's logo, now I only need a suitable head to make him into punisher, or should I make jigsaw instead? :D

@ronnieramone: Kick A$ customs bro, I especially like what you did with doc ock, vulture and the lizard! and that sinister 6, Awesome! I see you have mysterio too! could you share the recipe?

Fanstastic work guys!

Thanks!

Mysterio is straight-up Moon Knight. Remove the head & belt, chisel down the neck-post and glue on a glass marble. The gauntlets are made from cut pieces of Moon Knight's blister pack, glued together.

I saw you had done a Kraven recently, too, using the same jacket that I found from a Dino Hunters figure. I am totally bogarting your idea for using Bazooka's head, especially since I recently picked up a Bazooka at Family Dollar for $2. That way I can use my Namor-Kraven head for Dr. Strange. I did a terrible job on the paint anyway, since that was one of my first customs. Need to peel it back and start fresh.

@ Ronnieramone- Can you go into any more detail on what toy those Doc Ock came from? Any idea who trhe manufacturer was, or how long ago it came out? Thanks.

If I knew, I would tell you. I found the toy at a thrift store, cut the arms off and tossed it in the trash after.

Basically, it had a Spider-man and Doc Ock (not articulated) glued to a base, facing each other, that spun around in circles. The only moving parts were the spinning base and the bendy octopus arms. It was a pretty dumb toy, and I haven't a clue where it came from, who made it or when. As soon as I saw it, I knew I had found my octo-arms. If anyone finds out or already knows what it was, let us all know. I personally wouldn't mind tracking down another so I could make the arms by themselves, without the maniacal doctor.

The figure itself is the Showdown Octavius, naturally.

@ Ronnieramone- Can you go into any more detail on what toy those Doc Ock came from? Any idea who trhe manufacturer was, or how long ago it came out? Thanks.

If I knew, I would tell you. I found the toy at a thrift store, cut the arms off and tossed it in the trash after.

Basically, it had a Spider-man and Doc Ock (not articulated) glued to a base, facing each other, that spun around in circles. The only moving parts were the spinning base and the bendy octopus arms. It was a pretty dumb toy, and I haven't a clue where it came from, who made it or when. As soon as I saw it, I knew I had found my octo-arms. If anyone finds out or already knows what it was, let us all know. I personally wouldn't mind tracking down another so I could make the arms by themselves, without the maniacal doctor.

The figure itself is the Showdown Octavius, naturally.

Here is a picture of the figure.

IMAG0143.jpg

Not sure were he came from, as I also got him from a thrift store. He has no markings as to who made him. :sad:

Thanks again for the comments and here are more pictures as promised. Not the best pictures but they will have to do until I can get a hold of a DSLR.

I just want to point out that Scarlet Spider is my favorite Marvel character design!

The previous pic I posted was the 3rd attempt on making this custom.

Here is a pic of the 1st attempt (rough draft)

5037601425_7a4599a2e8.jpg

5038221324_1d11c438b4.jpg

I tried molding the hood out of putty but it didn't turn out as I had hoped...

2nd attempt

5037601729_6c9e66cfe5.jpg

5038221618_c454486ac9.jpg

Molded details to the wrist and ankles but hoodie still wasn't doing it for me...