• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Current costume Cyclops.

AstonishingCyclops.jpg

Used the lower arms and legs from Ronin with a W:O Cyclops.

Thank you. I'm gonna have to copy that. I did two versions of my Astonishing Cyclops, and was wondering how to do his current costume using one of the bodies I already have. You answered my question. I'll go and get a Hand Ninja/Wolverine two pack to do this though (I want to do Wolverine's current costume as well). Just need to get a Cyclops/Phoenix two-pack.

BTW, what do you guys thing of this. I was thinking of using a Phoenix body (since the hair seems about right), a Nightcrawler tail with the tip cut off and then rounded, and feet from the XMOW Weapon X figure to make Tigra?

yeah, although a belt is useless the way most super hero costumes work... it looks weird to NOT have the belt.

but.. that's the way Biachi designed it.

My own critique is the that chest emblem is a little too low and a little too big, I accidentally glued it on backwards.

I could have smoothed out the belt area more.

So I wanted to ask if anyone know where or even make an eye patch for a custom nick fury I'm putting together? I just took a secret wars mr fantastic head and put it on a shield soldier. looks pretty close.

i did a nick fury! just sculpt eye patch and then you can color it with any kinda marker but seal it with a coat of crazy glue! then its as good as factory made !!

trust me ^_^

post-25765-1286232435_thumb.jpg

So I managed to get quite a haul of custom fodder yesterday.

Nightcrawler/Storm SW pack-NC's tail will go to Tigra custom; Storm will become a Marvel Girl

Hand Ninja/Wolverine two-pack-HN's lower arms and legs will go to Modern Cyclops costume (idea comes from PushYouDown); Wolverine will become Modern Wolverine

Juggernaut-Doing his X-Men outfit (Black/Gold).

That last one leads me to my next question however. As far as the gold. I've got to paint colors. Gold and Brass. The gold is a lighter gold, while the brass is a darker gold. I'm not entirely sure which one I want to go with, so I was hoping to get some opinions on this.

Gold/Brass. I'm kinda leaning toward the gold...just not entirely sure.

Here is my Cable Infonet suit custom.

It's from a Punisher well I actually used my old cable custom to make this one(I didn't like my old one).The sholder piece and pouches(idk what they're called) were sculpted.The parts around his body are made from the packing wire some toys with.I had to cut them all different sizes and bend which was oh so fun.I tried my best I know it's not perfect but thank you for looking.

post-21334-1286410387_thumb.jpg

post-21334-1286410400_thumb.jpg

OMG!!! Best Doc Ock EVAR!!!

Not to trash any other Docs here but your simple combination/upgrade has created THE iconic Doctor Octopus.

It's SO iconic that I've added Doc to my daily eBay search to find those very same tentacles.

EXCELLENT!!!

Now here are my latest additions to the Spider-man line, starting with a modified Doc Ock:

DocOck2.jpg

With him, I Obviously used the Showdown Ock, snipped his impotent arms, and glued on arms from a Doctor Octopus bendy toy that was attached to a spinning battlemat vs. Spider-man. Found that at a thrift store for a quarter. It is so much more awesome to have an Octavius who can actually stand on his mechanical limbs and wrap them around things.

Vulturion.jpg

This is the first of my Vulturions, of which I plan to make all 4. Not sure which one this will end up being yet, but I really made him primarily as a trial run before doing this guy:

Vulture.jpg

Vulture2.jpg

Adrian Toomes is made from the longer-winged Legends Falcon, an Amazing Friends Iceman (which I had extra from the Spitfire custom) and a bald head I found on a generic toy from a thrift store. That's just some cotton glued around his neck. The cotton looks pretty good, I think, so I will probably use it for Black Cat, as soon as I get another extra female base. Here's the entire Sinister Six together:

Sinister6.jpg

I still want to go back and make a Sandman out of either Absorbing Man or Luke Cage, like others have done, but for now I'm using the bigger movie version. Priorities.

OMG!!! Best Doc Ock EVAR!!!

Not to trash any other Docs here but your simple combination/upgrade has created THE iconic Doctor Octopus.

It's SO iconic that I've added Doc to my daily eBay search to find those very same tentacles.

EXCELLENT!!!

Thanks!

It really just built itself. I saw the bendy tentacles on that dumb toy at the thrift store, and it was a no-brainer that they and the Showdown Ock should hook up. If only I could find another one of those toys, then I'd be able to make the solo tentacles when they break out of prison and crawl down the street looking for their master. That would be awesome.

So I wanted to ask if anyone know where or even make an eye patch for a custom nick fury I'm putting together? I just took a secret wars mr fantastic head and put it on a shield soldier. looks pretty close.

All I did was cut a piece of plastic from an open blister pack in the shape & size I wanted, Sharpie it black and Crazy Glue it on, then I painted a tiny strap vanishing behind the hair. Didn't even need to sculpt. I save blisters for just that reason.

Also used blister pack plastic on Mysterio's gauntlets, Killer Shrike's blades (still gotta take pics of him) and a few other figs. Comes in handy, and the plastic blister just feels right when you hold the toys.

All I did was cut a piece of plastic from an open blister pack in the shape & size I wanted, Sharpie it black and Crazy Glue it on, then I painted a tiny strap vanishing behind the hair. Didn't even need to sculpt. I save blisters for just that reason.

Also used blister pack plastic on Mysterio's gauntlets, Killer Shrike's blades (still gotta take pics of him) and a few other figs. Comes in handy, and the plastic blister just feels right when you hold the toys.

That's a good idea!