MU Customs

DarthOnyx

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I wanted to ask if anyone know where or even make an eye patch for a custom nick fury I'm putting together? I just took a secret wars mr fantastic head and put it on a shield soldier. looks pretty close.

All I did was cut a piece of plastic from an open blister pack in the shape & size I wanted, Sharpie it black and Crazy Glue it on, then I painted a tiny strap vanishing behind the hair. Didn't even need to sculpt. I save blisters for just that reason.

Also used blister pack plastic on Mysterio's gauntlets, Killer Shrike's blades (still gotta take pics of him) and a few other figs. Comes in handy, and the plastic blister just feels right when you hold the toys.

That's a good idea!

Thanks. Yeah, I don't have your sculpting ability, so I have to find tricky ways around certain challenges; necessity being the mother of invention and all. Blisters are great for anything that's flat, since it would be hard to sculpt that anyway, and not always worth the time and materials anyway. The best part is that blisters are practically free!

Love the Werewolf, by the way! Take some pics with Moon Knight!

So I wanted to ask if anyone know where or even make an eye patch for a custom nick fury I'm putting together? I just took a secret wars mr fantastic head and put it on a shield soldier. looks pretty close.

All I did was cut a piece of plastic from an open blister pack in the shape & size I wanted, Sharpie it black and Crazy Glue it on, then I painted a tiny strap vanishing behind the hair. Didn't even need to sculpt. I save blisters for just that reason.

Also used blister pack plastic on Mysterio's gauntlets, Killer Shrike's blades (still gotta take pics of him) and a few other figs. Comes in handy, and the plastic blister just feels right when you hold the toys.

That's a good idea!

Thanks. Yeah, I don't have your sculpting ability, so I have to find tricky ways around certain challenges; necessity being the mother of invention and all. Blisters are great for anything that's flat, since it would be hard to sculpt that anyway, and not always worth the time and materials anyway. The best part is that blisters are practically free!

Love the Werewolf, by the way! Take some pics with Moon Knight!

Unfortunately had to sacrifice my Moonknight in a trade.

The bike looks sharp Rod!

Didn't have too much time this week to work on any of my custom projects but I needed to do something to hold me over. Here's a pic of a quick fix to my customizing needs...

5063073261_8a67588396.jpg

NICE! hush jacket...but whos arms?

question for the experts!:could multiple man split himself up...have different experiments performed on different dupes(gamma irradiation, super soldier serum, radioactive spiderbite) and then reabsorb them

...he would probably have each 'ability' divided by the # of dupes he is capable of creating?

..I actually 'did' this when i 'created' an EXILES roleplaying game for my friend! friend played as EXODUS...and was leader of a team with this MULTIPLE MAN, VANISHER, JUGGERNAUT(aoa version, taken away pre-anneurism), and SUPERMODEL(Brittany Braddock: daughter of cap britain and megan)...the roster grew and changed a bit before we stopped playing...and , as far as i'm concerned, I had some kick ass ideas throughout our game!..

Modern Wolverine:

DSCN1389.jpg

DSCN1390.jpg

DSCN1391.jpg

The logo was done by mixing yellow paint, plastic putty, and thinner to make it paintable. Then gone over except the edge with red paint, then gone over again in yellow for the X. This results in a somewhat raised, but not heavily, so it's kinda flush like the circles on Thor's outfit.

Looking at it, the close ups make it look like it's not a great job. But really, it's much better IRL.

Thanks Onyx, and AlumRockStar the bike is from the older CORPS line. I think they still put out a green version of this bike. It was white before I painted it. Oh oh I'll be posting some pics of my man cave tomorrow. I finally got my shelves put in, as well as some storage shelves (which right now are full of boxes to go through).

Well I'm no customizer, but after the Norman head I've been interchanging parts and pieces on spare MU's. A fellow forum poster suggested that i use Reed's head on Johnny's body after i did my Fantastic 4 photo. Well long story short, i found an extra Johnny and Reed 2 pack at the store today so .....why not?....I must say tho I like the results.

post-25697-1286686750_thumb.jpg

post-25697-1286686765_thumb.jpg

question for the experts!:could multiple man split himself up...have different experiments performed on different dupes(gamma irradiation, super soldier serum, radioactive spiderbite) and then reabsorb them

...he would probably have each 'ability' divided by the # of dupes he is capable of creating?

Jamie becomes infected with infections or diseases his dupes pick up if he reabsorbs them.

Jamie becomes infected with infections or diseases his dupes pick up if he reabsorbs them.

k, thanks!

Nice work TF Joe! What paint are you using?

Acrylicos Valejos. Good stuff. Nice quality. Mixes with other colors well. Only problem is the whole thing with where there's moving parts over one another (namely joints). If it's not thinned out right, it'll scrape off, so I have to cut the joint a little and smooth it out to be able to paint it so it's not out of place. That's all I have left to do with Wolverine for his shoulders.

Thats awesome how did you do that to the shield??

Thanks! The damage to the shield was created by using a drill. I just took various drill bit sizes and started drilling at a slow speed. Just enough to create an indent and not a hole. As for the scratches on the edge, I used an angled metal file. Once I was satisfied with the way it looked I just painted the marks with silver acrylic. Then cleared the entire shield.

My man cave is sided, and shelved now I just need to set my displays up.

out side

008-24.jpg

security

007-24.jpg

display area

003-56.jpg

play area

004-46.jpg

future home of my work bench

006-28.jpg

Just something to think about, if there is no air conditioner source, or coolant method for this type of storage, be careful that you monitor tempatures in this "cave", I know some of my friends have left some MU in attic's before and some paint melted...which could also cause concern for other types of toys as well...