MU Customs

DarthOnyx

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dr Strange is the nuts, ronnie. I happen to be painting Annihilus wings for my wing-less Dragon-Man too. It came from a CA yardsale via eBay though.

Thanks! Dr. Strange was a lot of fun to make. Be sure to post your finished DragonMan, too. I wanna see if you go the reddish color on the inside of the wings. I just went with the regular purplish-grey, because I was too lazy to mix up another color. Actually, I like these better than the original wings & paint anyway.

All that remains is the head.

009-16.jpg

Wow. That Cable looks amazing so far. Looks just like the MVC2 version.(just needs a really big gun from the super move) You don't even need shoulder pads with that version. Will you be making removable shoulder pads as well?

No, I always liked him better without them. This is actually a commission for a friend and not for myself, unfortunately.

Finally got started on my second Vulturion:

...and here's the Killer Shrike I was working on. The main thing is that I finally had a use for that extra yellow/blue XMOW Wolvie. Who says Killer Shrike has to be tall, anyway? Got the topknot from the tail of a D&D horse miniature, the cape is cut from one of my wife's old dresses, and the blades are cut from a blister. Not thrilled about the cape, but what are you gonna do? If I ever find a better material, I can always go back and swap it out.

Sorry for flooding... got a couple more. This one's not so much a custom as an alteration. A while back I posted in here about an opportunity on eBay to get a 6" line Dragon Man without wings for a mere $30 from China. Well, the moderator moved my post to the Legends section, even though Dragon Man clearly fits better scale-wise with 4" MU figures. Oh, well. Anyway, I went ahead and picked him up, wingless, and acquired some Annihilus BAF wings to go on him that fit perfectly. PERFECTLY. Obviously, they were a sickly green color and didn't match at all. After painting, though, and an investment of less than $50 total, this is the result:

Finally, my favorite of the bunch...

This one's kind of a long story. I desperately wanted a Dr. Strange for a very long time, but I couldn't quite figure out how to do it and make it cool. When I saw Amuro's Kraven with the Bazooka head and decided to do the same with my previous Kraven custom (because I had coincidentally found a Bazooka at Family Dollar recently for just $2), I was left with an extra head (Namor's, originally) that I thought would make a great Dr. Strange. The only reason I had an extra Namor in the first place was because I had bought a Fantastic Four lot a while back with MU and Showdown figs in order to get Invisible Woman. That lot came with an extra MU Namor, who became Kraven, and now I had that head back and available once more. Also in that lot was a Showdown Silver Surfer, which I liked better than the MU one, so I had an extra MU Surfer laying around for about a year. Inspired by fellow customizers like you guys always swapping body parts (which I had been too cautious and thrifty to dare before), I went ahead and yanked a White Chaste ninja off the shelf and took his body. I knew the Surfer legs and arms would work, especially with the location of the arm swivel on the Surfer's arms. They didn't quite fit right, as you can see, and I might use silk or something to cover that up with billowy sleeves later, but I'm okay with it for now. Best of all, the leftover Surfer body plus the leftover ninja limbs makes for a potential Silver Savage in the future at some point. Maybe when Green Scar comes out... Anyway, all that was left was the cape, and Eye of Agamotto. I remembered the old Spider-man Animated line Dr. Strange and always loved how the Cloak of Levitation was sculpted with designs and had a wire in the bottom so the figure could sort of float. I always thought, though, that the figure was too big for the cape. On a hunch that this would work, I checked eBay and found an incomplete Animated Strange that included the cape for only $2.50. Also picked up a Savage Lands Sauron from the same seller to save on shipping. It was on my list anyway. When the package came, I was disappointed that the amulet was too big for my custom and covered up his chest emblem, while the neck hole in the cape was too big and my figure kept falling through. Not to be defeated at this late stage, I grabbed the scissors & Krazy Glue and went to town on that blasted cape. I trimmed the entire Eye of Agamotto first, clipped back the cape straps and glued it back so that you could see the emblem now and everything fit. Based on the materials I had available, I couldn't be happier with the way it all turned out!

Arts- Wonderful, crisp, clean paints. Nice man!

Ronnier- I love this latest batch. Something I appreciate about your customs is the practicality of your recipes. Fantastic work once again!

Hey Onyx what head are you using for Cable?

I'll reveal that soon. It's one that no one would expect, I'm sure.

You know, i had a feeling that you'd try to find a head we didn't expect. That's just how you roll. This is a great Cable, Onyx. How did you pull off such well-spaced lines on his arm?

Razor knife over sculpt