MU Customs

DarthOnyx

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks guys I haven't really felt ibspired to do any customs lately since several of the ones I had planned are being covered in the next 12 months officially. I might try the retractable claws for Wolvie but other than that I can't really see too many others though I am getting ready to finish up my Falcon soon.

Ehhhh...come on Rod! There are still tons of figures to do. Give Maggot a try!

Thanks guys I haven't really felt inspired to do any customs lately since several of the ones I had planned are being covered in the next 12 months officially. I might try the retractable claws for Wolvie but other than that I can't really see too many others though I am getting ready to finish up my Falcon soon.

Hmm Maggot, Joseph, Onslaught Saga Bishop, Wolverine. I suppose there are several. I was just talking about the fact that most of the figs I had planned are being released by Hasbro, but I suppose I could switch gears to some even lesser known characters. If the new smaller female body was out I'd be making Jubilee to go w/ Wolvie. If I could find another Kitty I could make Rogue. Thanks Onyx.

Thanks guys I haven't really felt inspired to do any customs lately since several of the ones I had planned are being covered in the next 12 months officially. I might try the retractable claws for Wolvie but other than that I can't really see too many others though I am getting ready to finish up my Falcon soon.

Hmm Maggot, Joseph, Onslaught Saga Bishop, Wolverine. I suppose there are several. I was just talking about the fact that most of the figs I had planned are being released by Hasbro, but I suppose I could switch gears to some even lesser known characters. If the new smaller female body was out I'd be making Jubilee to go w/ Wolvie. If I could find another Kitty I could make Rogue. Thanks Onyx.

No problem. I like making the characters that no one would expect.

Ronnie what wings did you use for the volturions?

Marvel Legends Falcon. I used the variant Falcon's wings (the longer ones) for the Vulture, figuring old Toomes would be a bit more of a badass than his copycats. I still need a few more Falcons, though, and a couple more XMOW Cyclopses to finish the set.

Then I've just got to figure out a use for a bunch of wingless, Legends-size Falcon figures.

sorry to bug but since I figure it would be a while before we see a Mephisto, anybody have any custom suggestions?

I'm thinking of doing a custom of Mephisto but while the Body I figure is easy enough for me to figure out, (Im still a beginner but think dareDevil, Klaw, Surfer or a extra cage I have as a starting base)

can anybody recommend a good figure head for the 3 3/4 inch that would make a good base for his face or where I might find one?

Ok guys...a little help needed. I want to redo my Angel custom a little. I want better wings, and by better, I mean something that can fold at a joint so he can fold them in and out to spread them for flight, vs. the fixed wings I have for him now. Any suggestions. I thought about getting a Legends Falcon to do it, but the wings aren't built right for that feature. Using the hinges from the Archangel that I did, I got the flapping feature and the moving them up and down on the back set. I just want some joint movement so he doesn't have to have them either spread or folded at all times.

Any thoughts?

I'd say your best bet is to build them w/ Plastruct (Styrene/ ABS plastic sheets). I've been kicking around some ideas for how to pull it off for a while now. I'll try to get something sketched up in the next few days. I need to design something similar for my Falcon figure though his hinges in his arms IF I go that route. I've also been thinking about having the where they just clip on his arms. So if I go that route they'll be more like what you need for Angel.

Ok guys...a little help needed. I want to redo my Angel custom a little. I want better wings, and by better, I mean something that can fold at a joint so he can fold them in and out to spread them for flight, vs. the fixed wings I have for him now. Any suggestions. I thought about getting a Legends Falcon to do it, but the wings aren't built right for that feature. Using the hinges from the Archangel that I did, I got the flapping feature and the moving them up and down on the back set. I just want some joint movement so he doesn't have to have them either spread or folded at all times.

Any thoughts?

Okay, this is a thought that I had (and bought the figure just for it), but probably won't get around to doing it for a while. The new Jungle-Viper from G.I. Joe has a sort of backpack harness used for attaching articulated jungle camouflage. The jungle leaves themselves won't pass for Angel's wings, of course, but if you cut the leaves off and just use the skeletal structure, then glue feathered wings on to the frame, and finally attach the whole thing to your custom figure's back, you should be able to accomplish what you're describing. For the feathered wings themselves, I would use either the Infinite Heroes Hawkman wings, the Legends Falcon, possibly the Bird of Prey Angel wings (might be a little too big), or some combination of those and/or other toys you may find.

What I like about the Jungle-Viper's camo suit are the multiple articulation points. You really have to hold the J-viper in your hands to see what I mean. You could definitely get the folding effect you want if you do it right.

Any thoughts?

Okay, this is a thought that I had (and bought the figure just for it), but probably won't get around to doing it for a while. The new Jungle-Viper from G.I. Joe has a sort of backpack harness used for attaching articulated jungle camouflage. The jungle leaves themselves won't pass for Angel's wings, of course, but if you cut the leaves off and just use the skeletal structure, then glue feathered wings on to the frame, and finally attach the whole thing to your custom figure's back, you should be able to accomplish what you're describing. For the feathered wings themselves, I would use either the Infinite Heroes Hawkman wings, the Legends Falcon, possibly the Bird of Prey Angel wings (might be a little too big), or some combination of those and/or other toys you may find.

What I like about the Jungle-Viper's camo suit are the multiple articulation points. You really have to hold the J-viper in your hands to see what I mean. You could definitely get the folding effect you want if you do it right.

That's a very good idea. I was thinking more like some of the hinges they used, like on the wings of Transformers Animated Blitzwing (the hinge where it turns in and out). But this presents more posability options. I will probably go with the variant (modern) Falcon however because his wings look more real and are longer and don't look as short and stumpy as the classic.