MU Customs

DarthOnyx

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here is my Archangel fix. Though I love the AA fig wings and paint apps are amazing, even gave him a grimace instead of a neutral face the only thing they missed was giving him the new head neck pivot ball. So I fixed it. I pulled a neck off a heated Ghost Rider Fig (AIM Agent will work too) cut the neck off AA leaving a hole where the neck fit nicely. A little glue and some filler for the gaps, paint, done. Now Archangel can see where he's going when he flys.

Oh I also replaced the useless open grabby left hand with a closed fist from an extra SW Cyclops.

Thanks for the kind words on Randall-Fist. I preferred the first Danny Rand figure over this variant so I had to buy one of these variants from a member here to do this. I got the idea from someone at Fwoosh who had put 25th legs on a IF fig. I don't like to paint, so this was easy for me. Splitting the chest pieces in half only requires a vice or big pliers to break the glue. The Joe will need some filing to fit into the MU chest cavity. Used the super-glue trick to get the Joe hands to stay in.

Here is my Archangel fix. Though I love the AA fig wings and paint apps are amazing, even gave him a grimace instead of a neutral face the only thing they missed was giving him the new head neck pivot ball. So I fixed it. I pulled a neck off a heated Ghost Rider Fig (AIM Agent will work too) cut the neck off AA leaving a hole where the neck fit nicely. A little glue and some filler for the gaps, paint, done. Now Archangel can see where he's going when he flys.

Oh I also replaced the useless open grabby left hand with a closed fist from an extra SW Cyclops.

That's what I need to do with my Angel custom to finally get him perfect. I just need an open right hand so he can do the Superman kinda thing with his arms when flying. I don't like closed fists unless he's flying into a punch of sorts.

2 new ones I'm fine tuning right now.

DSC01272.JPG

A Devil and Ghost Riders Bike

DSC01275.JPG

Bike actually transforms..

It's made from a front plate from a cheap ghostrider toy from a unknown series and a Sideways transformer. Yes, I'm still fixing the sloppy paint job..

DSC01276.JPG

the Devil is just a alien head from a star wars cantina, the body of Klaw, arm from parts lot, some wings from King Ghidora and random sculpy.

I'm the quick custom guy still working on my skills (such as they are)...

Ok, my quest to create some type of playset/background for my MUs started as just an alley but has quickly gotten out of hand thanks in part to boredom on Vet. Day so here's my MU city block playset. It comes complete with the alley still but also the breakaway window and now a Pawn shop{that could be a Hydra front afterall look at the grizzled old war vet who's minding the store}. The ideas just keep coming but I'm running out of room on it's current table lol.

Ok I need help I can do hair and Dye a figure black, but lets say I want to turn Sentry into Superman.....Dyeing the cape will be easy and cutting the cape at the neck, but I need one or a few of you guys to help me on what paint to use for body and boots.....Ive painted joes before but it rubs off.....how do you get it not to rub off.....and tell me about joints.....

Hey everyone. Not a customizer, just a collector of all things marvel. Been on the forums for a little while now and love it. I was hoping someone could give me some advice.

I have a fearsome foes rhino (one of my faves from my collection) which took a spill the other day while I was adjusting my 3.75" rhino from the spidey line. Long story short, he hit the desk in such a way that his right foot broke off (still hurts every time I think about it ). The ankle is articulated, and the pegs on both sides (front and back) broke off. I would like to try and fix it so it remains articulated instead of just gluing it on in one position. I could not find the broken pieces, which obviously disappeared into the void. I'm going to clean the office again to try and find them, but if I can't, is there anything I can do?

Any help at all would be much appreaciated.

Rodimus, thank you for the pm and offer of assistance. I couldn't figure out how to attach the pics in a pm, so I'm trying it here. Let me know if you need any other views. PM me with your e-mail or tell me how to attach photos in a pm and I'll get them to you.

Thank you again, and I look forward to hearing from you.

David

Rodimus, thank you for the pm and offer of assistance. I couldn't figure out how to attach the pics in a pm, so I'm trying it here. Let me know if you need any other views. PM me with your e-mail or tell me how to attach photos in a pm and I'll get them to you.

Thank you again, and I look forward to hearing from you.

David

The way I usually attatch pics is from my photobucket account.

Now on to the patient. It appears that the foot is hollow. If this is the case then there should be a panel on the bottom of the foot. If this is the case then what you want to do is put the foot in boiling water for about 30-40 seconds, and pop the panel out. Next you'll need to replace the peg. Take the foot with you to your local hobby shop, and check it against the styrene rods they have until you find one that fits in the groove where the pegs from the leg joint used to go. Then when you get it home drill out the front to rear of the leg joint where the pegs used to be. Next cut a piece of the styrene rod that goes all the way through the leg joint, and is long enough to make contact on both side of the foot. DO NOT GLUE IT IN PLACE YET! Ok now with it not glued in place it should be able to slide back, and forth. Slide it forward until it clears the rear of the foot, and angle the front of the rod in, and rock the joint into place. Then slide the rod back, and put the ends of the rod into the grooves where the pegs used to go, and glue the bottom of the foot back on. It should be good as new.

What foot is that?

Fearsome Foes Rhino. Took a spill last week and the foot broke off.

Rodimus, there is indeed a panel on the bottom. Thank you so much for the help. I have been more upset than I should be over a piece of plastic, but it's one of my favorites. I'll pm you after I complete the repair.

Do you have a pic of the whole figure? I didn't know this one had "Normal" feet.