MU Customs

DarthOnyx

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Added a dilapted old liquor store/Hydra safehouse to my MU city I"m building. I know more of a GI Joe thing but still. Anyway it's two stories with "action features" on both. The first floor has a boarded up doorway where the boards can be pulled off to be used by the figures. The boarded up window can be pulled up{from the inside} to reveal a 50 cal. machine gun turret. The second floor has a breakaway boarded up window as well as a zip line. While at it I added a pull up sewer lid for my figures as well. So as room allows I will continue to slowly build a city for my MUs. It's kinda addictive.

Wow that is looking really good Mark. I'm thinking about doing something similar as time, and space allows in my man cave. First though I'm going to build my X-men mansion. I have 3 floor sets from the old '83 Joe base 2 of which will be the floor of my X-mansion. I'm not sure what to do w/ the third I just got it for good measure.

The first floor set will be built into the sub-levels. I'll be building it into a 2 story sub-level. One side will become the 2 story tall Danger Room w/ an observation deck built on the second story of the center piece, and the rest of the second floor on the center will be the War Room. the lower level of the center will be the detention center, and med bay. While the other side will be Cerebro above Hank, and Forge's lab. The second floor set will be their 2 story "public front". The center will be their foyer/ living room w/ a center stair case going up to a balcony level. Then one side will be will be Wolvie's dojo above Pete's art studio/ the schools art class room. Then the other side will be Ororo's green house above Xavier's office. I'm debating whether or not to put the roof on. IF I do I'll be putting the bell tower up w/ room enough for 2 figures to stand in it. Plus I'll have room for some other character specific areas like a chapel for Kurt in the center, then I'll move Ororo's garden into the roof, and put something else there.

MODOK - So thats what you been up too lol. Killer paint job on the Cosmic Spidey! Looks much more "Cosmic-ey" than mine haha, awesome work! Oh and the base is off eBay, got it for 6 bux shipped. I'll try to find the link and PM it to you.

Prem1x - Nice job on Wolvies claws. I did something similar but used different hands. You're right it is tedious work. I'd love to have another set but I really don't feel like doing the work again. Here's mine:

5180949702_a10c3816e4.jpg

Excellent Black Panther, Legend.

Also, I love those metal claws on the Wolverines. I just looked at my bent-claws MU Wolverine and am now sad. Great job Prem1x and Legend. Any tips on how to do that?

Thanks. It's along the same lines as this http://www.kylerobinsoncustoms.com/links/steel.htm but the hair pins are a smaller size and I used paint remover instead of sanding the paint off. I also have micro drill bits that I used to help start the location of where I planned to push the claws in. Softening the hands with blow-dryer might help you.

Legend, I love the Black Panther and the bearded Mags. Nice touch.

MODOK, that paint job on the Spidey is really good.

Onyx, have you done a Bullseye head yet, like this?

Bullseye01_img.jpg or this.

Rodimus, thank you for the pm and offer of assistance. I couldn't figure out how to attach the pics in a pm, so I'm trying it here. Let me know if you need any other views. PM me with your e-mail or tell me how to attach photos in a pm and I'll get them to you.

Thank you again, and I look forward to hearing from you.

David

The way I usually attatch pics is from my photobucket account.

Now on to the patient. It appears that the foot is hollow. If this is the case then there should be a panel on the bottom of the foot. If this is the case then what you want to do is put the foot in boiling water for about 30-40 seconds, and pop the panel out. Next you'll need to replace the peg. Take the foot with you to your local hobby shop, and check it against the styrene rods they have until you find one that fits in the groove where the pegs from the leg joint used to go. Then when you get it home drill out the front to rear of the leg joint where the pegs used to be. Next cut a piece of the styrene rod that goes all the way through the leg joint, and is long enough to make contact on both side of the foot. DO NOT GLUE IT IN PLACE YET! Ok now with it not glued in place it should be able to slide back, and forth. Slide it forward until it clears the rear of the foot, and angle the front of the rod in, and rock the joint into place. Then slide the rod back, and put the ends of the rod into the grooves where the pegs used to go, and glue the bottom of the foot back on. It should be good as new.

Rodimus, huge props to you on this fix. I've added some pics of the fix, during and after, and him back where he belongs. Cost of the fix: $2.98 and about 20 minutes. Having my prize fig back in full working order: PRICELESS.

Onyx, added a full photo so you can see the full fig with the "real" feet, though I'm unclear as to what that means. I'll also be joining your forum soon.

On this note, I wonder if it would be a good idea to start a "figure fixes tips and trick" type thread that could be paperclipped or whatever you call it with the other main forum topics that are always listed. There are many of you on this forum with serious expertise that would be beneficial to the other 95% of us with little to no knowledge of how to repair damaged figures. Anyways, just a thought.

Thank you again Rodimus, I owe you one!