MU Customs

DarthOnyx

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rodimus, thank you for the pm and offer of assistance. I couldn't figure out how to attach the pics in a pm, so I'm trying it here. Let me know if you need any other views. PM me with your e-mail or tell me how to attach photos in a pm and I'll get them to you.

Thank you again, and I look forward to hearing from you.

David

The way I usually attatch pics is from my photobucket account.

Now on to the patient. It appears that the foot is hollow. If this is the case then there should be a panel on the bottom of the foot. If this is the case then what you want to do is put the foot in boiling water for about 30-40 seconds, and pop the panel out. Next you'll need to replace the peg. Take the foot with you to your local hobby shop, and check it against the styrene rods they have until you find one that fits in the groove where the pegs from the leg joint used to go. Then when you get it home drill out the front to rear of the leg joint where the pegs used to be. Next cut a piece of the styrene rod that goes all the way through the leg joint, and is long enough to make contact on both side of the foot. DO NOT GLUE IT IN PLACE YET! Ok now with it not glued in place it should be able to slide back, and forth. Slide it forward until it clears the rear of the foot, and angle the front of the rod in, and rock the joint into place. Then slide the rod back, and put the ends of the rod into the grooves where the pegs used to go, and glue the bottom of the foot back on. It should be good as new.

Rodimus, huge props to you on this fix. I've added some pics of the fix, during and after, and him back where he belongs. Cost of the fix: $2.98 and about 20 minutes. Having my prize fig back in full working order: PRICELESS.

Onyx, added a full photo so you can see the full fig with the "real" feet, though I'm unclear as to what that means. I'll also be joining your forum soon.

On this note, I wonder if it would be a good idea to start a "figure fixes tips and trick" type thread that could be paperclipped or whatever you call it with the other main forum topics that are always listed. There are many of you on this forum with serious expertise that would be beneficial to the other 95% of us with little to no knowledge of how to repair damaged figures. Anyways, just a thought.

Thank you again Rodimus, I owe you one!

Hey Dave you're very welcome, and you did a great job. Are going to be gluing the panel back on?

That Cap looks a million times better than the gigantic battles one. What is the recipe?

Head, Shield and belt: MU Gigantic Battles (Wal-Mart Exclusive) Captain America vs Giant Skrull

Upper and Lower Torso: MU Guardian

Arms and Legs: GI Joe ROC Terra Viper

Gun Holster: Indiana Jones 3 3/4 Inch Last Crusade Colonel Vogel