MU Customs

DarthOnyx

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quick question for you guys. What is the best type of modeling glue to use to touch up basic problems with your figures? My nephew has the Doc Ock from the Spider Man 3.75 in line and the arms are awful at staying in their peg so I want to just glue them in there. Also his NightCrawler came out of the package with a messed up head, the plastic cracked and can fall off when turned. I was looking for a glue that will fix all of that and take the wear and tear of a lightly played with toy.

I picked up a Kitty Pride the other day, and decided to turn her into Rogue. I also fixed my She Hulk with a head I got from Onyx.

Rogue

Just Kitty w/ some styrene glued onto her legs for her boot flaps

004-50.jpg

She Hulk

head Jean Grey

upper torso, and hips MU female body

shoulders, and abs WWII Bucky

arms, and legs black Spidey

feet RoC Scarlet

009-22.jpg

both side by side

011-16.jpg

Wow Onyx! I like how you remolded that Showdown Thor head, wonder how it'll look on the HF Thor Body...

Speaking of Showdown thor, I just wanna post my custom made Mjolnir...

STP88061.jpg

I couldn't post solo pics of Showdown Thor since I got him without his hammer, took me some time before I could make one, but I'm happy with how it turned out.

Here is showdown Thor vs HF Thor...

STP88064.jpg

STP88062.jpg

Finally got a showdown Sue Storm aka "Invisible Woman" from a fellow collector, unfortunately while tinkering with her, I lost her hair.

Tried searching for it high and low to no avail, so I decided to just make one for her...

Here she is now...

STP88056.jpg

Compared with the original...

SueStorm.jpg

Now I can finally do this!

Showdown Fantastic 4 (More like Fantastic 3...)

STP88055.jpg

I like that Hammer AmuroMkII.

A good head to use for the Marvel Universe Comic Pack Thor is a shrunk down head from the Hasbro Marvel Legends Blob Series Thor. The head that the Comic Pack Thor comes with in my opinion is terrible. I got this head from Onyx and happened to get an unpainted one from Crowncoke.

100_5339.jpg

I also have an extra Showdown Thor head I got from Crowncoke so I cut off the white wings and used the ones from the Secret Wars Thor. That way I can have white wings and silver wings look. Also it's worth mentioning to anyone that the Showdown Thor is by far the best Thor figure made and is easily one of the best 3.75 inch figures made period. I also prefer the Modern Thor from the comic Pack to the regular single pack version because the Silver is brighter as is the blue and the bright red just looks great.

100_5338.jpg

100_5335.jpg

100_5340.jpg

100_5350.jpg

Custom Punisher

**None of this would of been possible or even look remotely good without Brymstone's Punisher head and vest he made me. I made little fixes to the figure here and there but is very much a Brymstone custom. I don't want anybody thinking I'm taking credit for something that I honestly don't have the patience or talent to do. So thank you Brymstone.

The first thing about this figure that I love is the head. I believe Brymstone used a Colossus head from the M.U line. I asked him to put the 5 o clock shadow on there because that is my favorite drawing of the punisher is with that kind of crew cut hair with the beard. Here is a closeup of the head.

Here is a closeup of the amazing vest. Look at how brilliant the detail is on the skull. It was hand painted!

Here is a custom leg holster I made for his pistol. I made it out of a TNA Wrestling Action Figure knee pad. It works really well and the gun fits perfect in it.

One of my favorite things about this figures is the way the boots and gloves and vest are all black but the actual bodysuit shirt and pants are this black with a purple/navy wash. The vest really made those colors pop and It looks exactly like the LA SWAT uniforms and I love it. It really makes him look badass.

Another edit I made to the figure was to the right hand. The guns would not stay in his hand because all the fingers were molded together. I took a precision straight razor and separated the trigger finger. It now goes on the trigger and the guns fit perfect.

This is easily one of my favorite figures now. Thank you again Brymstone.

-Dustin

Many of you know that I have had this in the works for quite some time. This is a character I created many years ago and the first in my original, copy-written line of characters/team. I have a back-story which will be coming soon as well. I made this sculpt about 6 months ago and will be doing another version soon. With it, I have included a few design images for your enjoyment.

This head is an O.P.P. exclusive for forum members only!! See my signature. Contact me to purchase.

012-8.jpg

gr7-3.jpg

I plan to do a mask similar to this but different. I only show this to demonstrate the paint design.

gridlock2-2.jpg

Custom Punisher

**None of this would of been possible or even look remotely good without Brymstone's Punisher head and vest he made me. I made little fixes to the figure here and there but is very much a Brymstone custom. I don't want anybody thinking I'm taking credit for something that I honestly don't have the patience or talent to do. So thank you Brymstone.

The first thing about this figure that I love is the head. I believe Brymstone used a Colossus head from the M.U line. I asked him to put the 5 o clock shadow on there because that is my favorite drawing of the punisher is with that kind of crew cut hair with the beard. Here is a closeup of the head.

Here is a closeup of the amazing vest. Look at how brilliant the detail is on the skull. It was hand painted!

Here is a custom leg holster I made for his pistol. I made it out of a TNA Wrestling Action Figure knee pad. It works really well and the gun fits perfect in it.

One of my favorite things about this figures is the way the boots and gloves and vest are all black but the actual bodysuit shirt and pants are this black with a purple/navy wash. The vest really made those colors pop and It looks exactly like the LA SWAT uniforms and I love it. It really makes him look badass.

Another edit I made to the figure was to the right hand. The guns would not stay in his hand because all the fingers were molded together. I took a precision straight razor and separated the trigger finger. It now goes on the trigger and the guns fit perfect.

This is easily one of my favorite figures now. Thank you again Brymstone.

-Dustin

The head is modded XMO Colossus head from O.P.P. I am glad you're happy with it.