Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Customizers beware!!

http://figurerealm.com/viewcustomfigure.php?FID=26158

It was removed.

What was that about?

a post earlier by Onyx

in the replies there is some bits of what happened.

Basically somebody posted images of one of Onyx's customs, pretended it was theirs and Onyx busted them. they took the images down.

Wow that's ridiculous! Guess its time to start watermarking my pics.

Triton.jpg

I finally finished my Inhuman Royal Family.

Bloodaxe.jpg

I ended up with an extra Wrecker and wanted to think of a use. I saw pictures of this obscure Thunderstrike/Thor villain and thought-HEY! He's close enough to accurate for me.

worktable.jpg

A little sneak preview, Here's what my work table looks like.

Here's the original. Keep in mind that the cast will fit better because it is a harder material and can be drilled better as well as boiled/heated, placed on head, then put in cold water to take form. It will not be as flimsy as the plastics used by the toy companies. As with any cast items, heat is your friend.

002-127.jpg

In time perhaps but that is much more costly and time consuming. I was told it takes 4 molds per head.

The Mandarin Animated adventures version.

I bashed the animated version onto a comic WM base. (Got the WM for 62c from China haha.)

AM2.jpgAM1.jpgAM3.jpg

I Liked the IrrepressibleDarkHorse custom so I decided to do a slight variant on his Idea (original comic war machine base instead). His much more faithful to source but I think this one came out kinda cool too, plus gave me a excuse to use two extra figures that sitting in my custom fodder.

DSC01277.JPG

Thanks again IrrepressibleDarkHorse.

Now lets see if I get a few more bits for one of my original ideas.

Peace.

Onyx,

Any interest in doing an Emma Frost head sculpt? I ask because she's a favorite of mine, I hated her ML figure, and it seems MU might not get around to it for awhile as they haven't even got Sue Storm planned yet.

Thanks, gonna look into some of your other heads for purchase after the holidays, I've never really been into customizing my own stuff but I'm a decent painter and am getting the custom bug. Have a nice area in the basement I could use to start getting into the hobby. Your stuff is incredible, man.

Edit: Cyclops and Ares ---- :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: