MU Customs

DarthOnyx

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As I think I've stated before, I'm no customizer... Especially not of the caliber of the rest of you fine gentlemen here... But while staring at my new Snake Eyes figure late last night (as I've found myself doing a lot lately; DAMN that's an amazing figure), a shockingly simple kit-bash popped into my head. It's not 100% accurate, especially in the chest-armor region, but it's pretty darn close... Anyways, I present Black Panther: Man Without Fear!

POC Wave 3 Snake Eyes, Target 2-pack Black Panther head, Cobra Shock Trooper web gear & baton-chuks

photo-1.jpg

photo-2.jpg

Looks more like Black Panther Noir.

That's essentially what they're doing with Panther these days, only in a modern setting. After the Shadowland Daredevil-go-crazy storyline, BP has taken over Daredevil's comic:

Black_Panther_Without_Fear_1.jpg

Like I said, my interpretation isn't perfect, but I think it's fairly passable for now... I'm gonna be on the lookout for a better chest piece w/ molded armor so I can ditch the webgear... And if I manage to pick up another Snake Eyes, I might actually make some permanent modifications to this one.

Well I was working on my Pepper in her Rescue armor a while ago, and lost her (my 2yr old probably put her some where), so I had to get another Scarlet in the armor suit to make her. I got the fig in a lot of head less Joes a week or 2 ago, and finally got the time today to make her.

The recipe is a blue suited Scarlet head, a Wild Bill helmet w/ some styrene added to make the face plate, and an RoC Scarlet in reactive impact armor

009-24.jpg

008-28.jpg

010-18.jpg

Here she is w/ Tony, and Rhodey (I'm planning on making helmets to fit on Joe heads for both Rhodey, and Tony. I got a Tony head from Onyx, but got a head in a head lot on ebay that looks like Tony, and the hair will fit in a helmet better)

011-17.jpg

012-19.jpg

Hi there! Happy 2011 to ya. Thanks for stopping in.

I am really enjoying the current Spider Man issues, since the "Big Time" story arc. I mean, REALLY liking them, the most I've liked Spidey comics in a looong time! It feels like they are truly advancing the character in alot of ways and they have actually made me look forward to another issue! Really fun so far. This coming from someone who detests the ideas behind BND.

Annnnyway, you'll have to forgive me. I'm happy to be able to enjoy Spidey again in Amazing.

So, to celebrate, here's a custom of his first Horizon Labs suit, in the 3.75" scale. It bends both light and sound, and requires lenses to see it. It debuted in #650.

SS1.jpg

ss2.jpg

ss3.jpg

ss4.jpg

continued...

Hey IC I just looked up that issue, and your fig is perfect, and the issue espeacially some of the pics of BC is great. Makes me really want to track down another BW, or Ms M to make her, and dig out one of my spare Blk Spideys out in the shed to repaint into this new suit, or I might grab one from the Spidey line since they are closer in height to how tall Peter really is.

Just for those who don't know where you got this Spidey idea from here's the page

neonSpidey2.jpg

WHICH SPIDERMAN IS THAT ? IRON SPIDER OR BLACK

That the new stealth suit Spidey made in recent comic. It supposed to bend light and sound to make him invisible. He made it so he to go against the new upgrade Hobgoblin.

I MEANT THE BASE SPIDERMAN FOR THE CUSTOM...

Looks like its the House of M Spidey or Sentry 2pack Spidey.

Either way he looks amazing and Im going to have to give this one a shot. Probably will use a Secret Wars Spidey as a base.

Yes indeed, it is in fact the Sentry 2-pack Spidey, I liked the fact that he had the sculpted eyes but not the sculpted webs.

Also, fair warning to those who try this one.....

IT IS NOT A FUN CUSTOM. Seriously, about halfway through I hated doing this one. I thought "oh, it won't be bad, some green lines..."

Hell. Trying to get those lines so even, straight and symmetrical on such a tiny figure was a nightmare. Constant back and forth with the green/black because at 3.75" masking tape is pretty useless.

But, that said, thanks everyone! It'll be a year or two before Marvel rolls this fig out so I thought I'd be timely!