MU Customs

DarthOnyx

I think he's trying to match the original color. The problem is that in order to match precisely you'll need to experiment. I had to mix my own purple when I made my Thanos last year from Red Hulk. If you have any of those tubes from might putty laying around they are great for paint mixing. I suggest taking the fig w/ you to the store, and check the color against the bottles there. Once you find a shade of red close to what you want in the finish you want see if it needs to get darker or lighter. Of course like we all learned in art class as kids if you want to go darker add black, and if you want to go lighter add white.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Tiger. Victor is mostly a Hydro Armor. I popped the head off, and ended up gluing the PoC Destro head (which is where the back pack is from) on the peg (couldn't move it after gluing the dome on any way). Next I popped the lower arms off of the Hydro armor, and switched them out w/ the lower arms from a movie Warmachine (I had to fill the elbow joint on the Hydro armor's arms w/ green stuff to make them fit). Now since WM's hands can't hold anything I switched those hands for the PoC Destro's hands, and the build was complete. I got the dome from TF Joe who sold me his extra Deep Dive dome.

so that's:

head:

PoC Destro

body:

Hydro Armor

lower arms:

Warmachine

hands:

PoC Destro

back pack, and freeze gun:

PoC Destro

dome:

Deepdive

Hey DK that Inhuman Torch is great. I think the paint apps are great. Being a little sloppy on fire detailing, and camo detailing is ok since it is supposed to be totally random.

thanks,

originally I was thinking of doing a AOA Sunfire but I decided to make a Inhuman Torch instead. I think the MS torch lends to it much better.

I may still try the AOA Sunfire out of a Marvel universe torch if Marvel doesn't make it.

Hey Pre that is very close. If they don't make him I'll be VERY surprised.

I'm working on a custom set of Fury, and his Howling Commandos. I was going to use this Fury head I got in a lot of heads on ebay, but the only thing is I thought that Fury always wore the eye patch, but after DLing the whole series of Fury, and his Howling Commandos I didn't find him wearing one any where in them. (after scanning through every issue). So when exactly did Fury start wearing the eye patch? Also I know Wolvie wasn't in the comic version of the Howling Commandos, but I figure it is kind of cannon now w/ the Avengers cartoon. Besides we all know that he did work along side Cap, Bucky, and Fury in WWII.

002-76.jpg