MU Customs

DarthOnyx

After seeing a few Superman customs made by other guys on OPP I was no longer happy w/ the Public Enemies Superman figure from the DCUIH line, and decided to make my own.

I started by making a tutorial over on OPP focused on Superman's cloth cape, and then I penciled the emblem on his chest.

001-86.jpg

Then I painted him

003-64.jpg

002-77.jpg

Supes VS Lex

004-56.jpg

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After seeing a few Superman customs made by other guys on OPP I was no longer happy w/ the Public Enemies Superman figure from the DCUIH line, and decided to make my own.

I started by making a tutorial over on OPP focused on Superman's cloth cape, and then I penciled the emblem on his chest.

001-86.jpg

Then I painted him

003-64.jpg

002-77.jpg

Supes VS Lex

004-56.jpg

Rodimus, I am working on the Justice League from the cartoon from a few years ago with the main 7 WW, Hawkgirl, flash, Superman, Batman, John Stewart and Martian Manhunter and I used a lot of the same parts as you.

Great job by the way. Love that Lex.

I used the Marvel version of Supes. The Sentry body. The Spidey from that pack will become Flash. I'm working on an armored Batman like from the movies. It's going to kind of be a cross between the Micheal Keaton Batman, and the Christian Bale Batman w/ a full wrap cape. Which will be my tutorial this weekend. I'm planning on getting a Piledriver/ Hawkeye pack for Martian Manhunter, & Green Arrow, and a Phoenix/ Cyclops pack for Wonder Woman, & I'm not sure who the Cyclops would become.

My son and I loved the Justice League cartoon and we constantly talk about who would win between the Justice League and the Avengers. Well, the Infinite Heroes looked like children with the MU so I made these. So now Thor, Cap, Ms. Marvel, Hulk, Wasp, Iron Man, and Giant Man have full sized DC heroes to battle. Flash, Superman, Martian Manhunter and Batman. Hawkgirl (unmasked), Wonder Woman and John Stewart.

post-23947-1296516156_thumb.jpg

post-23947-1296516183_thumb.jpg

I'd have to use other legs to make him into GL, but yeah I was thinking that too. As for Joker the DCUIH one is pretty good size, and all.

Hey Size your JL look good. Though their logos look like they are made of paper, and glued on. In the future try sketching the logo in pencil, and then using an ultra fine brush to paint them.

I'd have to use other legs to make him into GL, but yeah I was thinking that too. As for Joker the DCUIH one is pretty good size, and all.

Hey Size your JL look good. Though their logos look like they are made of paper, and glued on. In the future try sketching the logo in pencil, and then using an ultra fine brush to paint them.

Nope, GL, Flash and Supes are stickers. I'm not overly happy with the GL one, but I'm pleased with the other two. I probably will paint them on eventually, but I'll have to get finer brushes and my son wanted to play with them now.

Yeah those are the ones I was talking about. Hey what heads did you use for Flash, Hawk Girl, and MM? The Flash head looks like the one from DCUIH, but the bodies I've tried it on (Guardian/ Sentry 2 pk Spidey) don't look right.

Good eye :) I do like the idea of drawing it on first and I may try it in the future. I sculpted the Martian Manhunter using Green Stuff on a Silver Surfer head to give it the cartoon look. Hawk Girl is a Pilot Scarlet 25th head with sculpted hair. The flash head is from the SDCC Starro pack. The head was too big for the IH flash, but looks great on that body...I used an Iron Spiderman body.

Yeah those are the ones I was talking about. Hey what heads did you use for Flash, Hawk Girl, and MM? The Flash head looks like the one from DCUIH, but the bodies I've tried it on (Guardian/ Sentry 2 pk Spidey) don't look right.

Good eye :) I do like the idea of drawing it on first and I may try it in the future. I sculpted the Martian Manhunter using Green Stuff on a Silver Surfer head to give it the cartoon look. Hawk Girl is a Pilot Scarlet 25th head with sculpted hair. The flash head is from the SDCC Starro pack. The head was too big for the IH flash, but looks great on that body...I used an Iron Spiderman body.

Did you holo the head out so it would sit lower? Because that was the main problem on the Spidey body.

Hmm maybe I'll just have to use the WWII Cap I have w/ 2 left feet for the head. Then I'll sand, and scrape the star off so I can use the torso for Aquaman. Because the regular Flash head from the DCUIH main line is just too small.

Did you holo the head out so it would sit lower? Because that was the main problem on the Spidey body.

Hmm maybe I'll just have to use the WWII Cap I have w/ 2 left feet for the head. Then I'll sand, and scrape the star off so I can use the torso for Aquaman. Because the regular Flash head from the DCUIH main line is just too small.

I didn't have to do anything to that Flash head. It was quite large and it was actually a ball joint unlike the others. You can probably pick him up for $10 on ebay, but that is steep just for the head.

I still want to make Hal Jordan, Green Arrow, Black Canary, and Red Tornado for DC. Marvel wise Pyro, Avalanche, Sandman, Hydro Man and Shocker are next on my list.

I didn't have to do anything to that Flash head. It was quite large and it was actually a ball joint unlike the others. You can probably pick him up for $10 on ebay, but that is steep just for the head.

I still want to make Hal Jordan, Green Arrow, Black Canary, and Red Tornado for DC. Marvel wise Pyro, Avalanche, Sandman, Hydro Man and Shocker are next on my list.

Well Hydro man, and Sand man should be easy enough. Grab a Luke Cage, or Absorbing man, swap an appropriate head and paint

Ok this is not really a MU custom but here is my winning O.P.P. Custom Challenge entry

Sky-Hawk an original character of mine.

In early 2000 Sauls Research Institute (SRI) made an amazing discovery. Aboard the research Satellite Leo I scientists had developed a material they were calling Nanocites. These Nanocites are silicon- titanium nanotubes with remarkable properties. They were almost indestructible once formed, yet they were easily assembled into a thin sheet-like material. Most importantly however, they produced their own energy. Each nanotube can output about 2 watts of electricity every hour. This energy can be transferred over a system of Nanocites with little to no power loss. Given their small size, a simple 8 in X 11 in sheet of Nanocites contains enough energy to power over 100 homes.

Using this new material, Dr Frederick Sauls designed suits of armor to act as guardians of this new amazing technology. To pilot and support these suits, Dr. Sauls recruited some of the world’s most elite military personnel to wear the suits and become the Swordsmen. Dr Sauls was assassinated a year later when the Leo I was destroyed by unknown forces trying to steal the Nanocite technology, and now the Swordsmen act in his name, searching the globe for those responsible and setting right the wrongs they find along the way.

Sky-Hawk is the code name taken by Col. Andrew Walker when he dons Swordsman suit SRI-712. Specially fitted to his body and only responsive to his bio-mimetic signals, the suit grants Col. Walker augmented speed and agility, as well as the ultimate in personal protection. His specially designed flight helmet, while powered by the Nanocites, is not made of them due to the sophisticated electronics contained within. The same goes for his external flight pod (EFP-032). The EFP-032’s plasma generator is powered by the Nanocites but made from a special lightweight alloy that is able to contain and distribute the high temperatures produced by the generator.

The EFP-032 consumes most of the Nanocites’ energy output, allowing Sky-Hawk to fly at speeds near Mach-2 and is armed with twin micropellet railguns. His strength is augmented to a maximum lift of 3,000 kilograms. He has a special plasma energy gauntlet that produces a two bladed plasma sword which burns at 25,000 °F. The defensive nature of the armor is able to withstand the impact of a 56 Kg warhead, and all known small arms fire. The helmet contains a voice-activated full HUD / diagnostic system with a SGP navigation system is and synched to Col. Walkers voice patterns.

Sky-Hawk uses all these tools to keep order with his fellow Swordsmen; Switchblade and Frenzy.

The Swordsmen

Brothers in Arms

Brothers in Armor

Sky-Hawk‘s body arms and legs are from an Arctic Armor Iron Man.

The head is sculpted from green stuff with the IM head as a base.

The flight pack is made from an IM2 Air Drone backpack, Legos, and plasticard.

The gauntlet is from a SW Plo-Kloon.

I was going to have Bats as my next JLA member, but my 2 yr old, and 8 mo old had fun w/ my bottle of black paint (which I thought was hidden safely away) when I dozed off on the couch Monday. So when I brought in my 2 right footed WWII Cap to use the head for Flash yesterday I saw possibility for a favorite of mine from the old Super Powers show. Aquaman! So I scraped the star off of his chest, and carved the scales where the star was.

Head: Crimson guard Fred

torso, and arms: WWII Cap

legs: Guardian

001-87.jpg

The league continues to grow w/ a sneak peak at the Movie style armored Batman I'm planning

002-78.jpg

Hey guys,

I'm brand new here. Maybe some of you know me from Star Wars forums. I wanted to share some of my Marvel Universe customs with you. I've been lurking around here for a while but figured I'd share some of my own stuff with you here.

Ghost, Bullseye, Angel, Iron Patriot

34010_1411028128751_1623940435_984012_7714898_n.jpg

36420_1413666674713_1623940435_990444_1480339_n.jpg

179381_1700963296949_1623940435_1580277_5085552_n.jpg

34216_1411026808718_1623940435_984002_2453791_n.jpg

Welcome!!! Love the ghost figure. Looks amazing.

I got this idea based off of Hal's "armored" look in the MK vs DCU game a few days ago, and started trying to put the parts together digitally, and ordered them from ebay as well. They won't be here until the end of the month so I figure I'll get my plans together in the mean time.

My planned recipes are as follows

Hal:

head: PoC Dusty

body: Reactive Impact Armor Duke

lower legs: 25th Crimson Guard

John:

head: Rip Cord

body: Reactive Impact Armor Rip Cord

lower legs: 25th Crimson Guard

Kyle:

head: PoC Dusty

body: Reactive Impact Armor Duke