MU Customs

DarthOnyx

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anyone here know if I would be able to pop the head off of my Rise Of Cobra GI Joe Scarlett and put it on a MU Black Widow?

Yes the BW body is the same as the Ms Marvel body that I used to make Phoenix from.

008-14.jpg

Did you just pull the head off, how did you get it off?

FIrst off, that's what she said. Second, just yank it off, or if that makes you uncomfortable, then soak the head and neck in hot water and it should pop off pretty easily.

Does anyone here know if I would be able to pop the head off of my Rise Of Cobra GI Joe Scarlett and put it on a MU Black Widow?

GI Joe, Star Wars, and MU heads just pop right off and right back on. I really don't think that hot water is necessary for a headswap. For other partswaps, yes, but for a headswap, no.

MU and Joe usually have a smaller joint that is compatible. Some Star Wars heads I have to stuff with something to make them fit, and then I discard the pretty much worthless Star Wars body into my parts bin.

That said, I just tried the Scarlett/Black Widow switch and Scarlett's hair doesn't sit flush on Widow's shoulders. It looks ok from the front, but from the side you can see the gap.

I should have gussed you would have gotten it, Rod. I just need to get red and purple paint and paint up the master of magnetism. He is one I am pretty excited for.

I knew it was Maximal right away just couldn't remember the name of the series for a second. Funny thing is that BM was my favorite TF beast series.

Yes the BW body is the same as the Ms Marvel body that I used to make Phoenix from.

008-14.jpg

Did you just pull the head off, how did you get it off?

FIrst off, that's what she said. Second, just yank it off, or if that makes you uncomfortable, then soak the head and neck in hot water and it should pop off pretty easily.

You shouldn't feel uncomfortable about head popping. My 2yr old pops the heads off his figures all the time. He tries to do head swaps, but usually w/ figs that don't match up neck ball sizes. It's so cute yet frustrating sometimes (he loses heads sometimes, and cries about not knowing where they are). He'll probably have his first successful custom by the time he's 4.

Here are a couple of my latest GL customs I haven't posted over here yet.

Hannu of sector 2

001-91.jpg

003-70.jpg

G'nort of sector 68

004-62.jpg

006-37.jpg

My 2yr old is kind of on a GL kick right now too so I made him a GL ring. He broke it by punching things w/ it, but I got some cute pics first

Mine, my 13yr old son's, my 11yr old daughter's, and my 2yr old son's GL rings

016-13.jpg

The youngest GL of sector 2814 Lantern Jacob

011-19.jpg

012-22.jpg

Rodimus your kid is adorable man. Plus he is already a superhero fan! When I have a kid its gonna go 1. Learn about superheroes 2.Potty training 3.talk 4.drive

I might have my priorities messed up but who cares. Great kid you have there Rodimus. I can already imagine you two sitting on a couch with separate laptops posting ur customs.....lol Rodimus and son customs....nice ring to it.

My 2yr old is kind of on a GL kick right now too so I made him a GL ring. He broke it by punching things w/ it, but I got some cute pics first

Mine, my 13yr old son's, my 11yr old daughter's, and my 2yr old son's GL rings

016-13.jpg

The youngest GL of sector 2814 Lantern Jacob

011-19.jpg

012-22.jpg

Rodimus your kid is adorable man. Plus he is already a superhero fan! When I have a kid its gonna go 1. Learn about superheroes 2.Potty training 3.talk 4.drive

I might have my priorities messed up but who cares. Great kid you have there Rodimus. I can already imagine you two sitting on a couch with separate laptops posting ur customs.....lol Rodimus and son customs....nice ring to it.

Close. His learning was 1, and 2 Learn about Super Heroes, and talking at the same time. Seriously his first word after mommy, and daddy was Hulk. Then we started potty training (which he is kind of getting the hang of). As for driving um well he has one of those little Buzz Lightyear 4 wheelers, and this summer I'm going to try to get one of the old Power Wheels we have sitting around running.

I made him a new ring tonight. It's the Honor Guard ring like Kyle, and Guy wear.

005-49.jpg

002-85.jpg

Cuatom Eric O'Grady

Hey guys I'm working on a Antman Secret Avenger Style Eric O'Grady with a friend of mine and were having trouble finding a suitable head and helmet. So I was wondering if you guys could give me some suggestion. Thank in advance for any help you guys can provide

I did this Hank Pym custom a while back used a G.I. Joe full face helmet from the PIT Commando figure, Recently redid the antennae with some smalled gauge wire looks better now.

post-24517-1298777341_thumb.jpg

post-24517-1298777353_thumb.jpg