MU Customs

DarthOnyx

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is my first custom I've posted, and also the first that involved sculpting. Here we have Quasar in one of his newer looks. I used a Star Wars Hondo Carr head and a MU Guardian body. The cape is from a JLU Huntress, and the gauntles, boots, and belt are sculpted. Thanks for looking, feedback is welcome.

I like it. Nice work on the sculpting. Quasar is one of those characters that I hope Hasbro eventually makes.

Hey customizers! i'm brilliant!(as far as i'm concerned...sometimes XD) i thought of a material to make capes out of!: the latex/rubber? that pilates/exercise stretchy bands are made from.

does anyone know if any place(canadian) sells thin, multicolored, sheets of rubber/latex? ive looked everywhere i can think of? ive even looked for large balloons that i could cut them out of. cant even find those.

Here is an easy fix for the new movie Thor to make him taller because as most of you know he's very short compared to Marvel Universe. Someone on fwoosh came up with this idea and it works quite well. Just take the thighs and knee joints from the X-Men Origins Comic Sabretooth and replace Thor's with those. It added almost a head lenth of height on him. He originally was alot shorter then my X-Men Origins movie Sabretooth with the black leather Jacket and he only came to the bottom of Sabretooth's eyebrows. Now he's taller then Sabretooth and taller then Odin who he also was originally shorter then.

100_7157.jpg

100_7154-1.jpg

Here is an easy fix for the new movie Thor to make him taller because as most of you know he's very short compared to Marvel Universe. Someone on fwoosh came up with this idea and it works quite well. Just take the thighs and knee joints from the X-Men Origins Comic Sabretooth and replace Thor's with those. It added almost a head lenth of height on him. He originally was alot shorter then my X-Men Origins movie Sabretooth with the black leather Jacket and he only came to the bottom of Sabretooth's eyebrows. Now he's taller then Sabretooth and taller then Odin who he also was originally shorter then.

100_7157.jpg

100_7154-1.jpg

Thanks for the tip bro!

Riddick, what is the easiest way to get those thighs apart and put back on the Thor figure?

Some people use boiling water but I use a hair dryer because it's quick. I usually heat each leg up a min or less. You can easily pop the thighs right off the ball-joint that connects them to the pelvis by just pulling. The knee joint is a little bit more trickey and may take a little time disconnecting from the pegs that hold them together. I just used Sabretooth's thigh and hooked Thor's double knee joints to it. At first I used Sabretooth's knee joint but it didn't give it enough height so I switched out and re-used Thor's knee because it was spaced more.

Here are some better pics

100_7163.jpg

100_7164.jpg

100_7157.jpg

100_7154-1.jpg

Did that sword come with Odin. I am curious, cuase I want Odin, but not the lame sword and shield it comes with.

The sword actually came with The Knight of the Holy Grail figure from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. It was such a stupid idea having the Thor figures come with such HORRIBLE weapons! I mean the weapons have all these little gimmicks to them and they could have easily used the money they spent making those and made some detailed awesome weapons that people would keep. Every Thor figure I've bought so far I've thrown the weapons in a bin never to look at again.

JUNK!